Thought Art

David R Hawkins

55 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When I wanted to make my own video games, on my terms, I made a plan to start an unrelated business to earn money to finance my dreams.

Within 8 months my business was making money, I quit my day job, and worked on my biz for a few years to become financially independent. Today, if I wanted to, I could spend the next 10 years just sitting around making whatever video games I desire.

If you want something bad enough, you will devise a plan to make it possible.

You will never become successful by thinking inside the box and doing what every other fool is doing.

If you really care about music you will find a way to make it happen.

@Leo Gura Sounds like your plan failed? You didn't even make just ONE game, on your own terms. I know your priorities changed. I make games myself, but they are not successful or well known. What I know is you don't even need much money to make something remarkable. Also, many people fail making a liviing in indie games today, and it's not only an issue of money.

Edited by dharm4

2 hours ago, dharm4 said:

Sounds like your plan failed?

No, it succeeded beyond my wildest dreams. I just found even higher things.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

People are making millions in music. If one man can do it, so can another.

Your time horizon is too short.

You need to plan things out better.

I'm not saying you will be able to support yourself within a year or two. That's unrealistic.

You must be realistic with your plans.

Maybe consider getting a day job or starting a biz so you don't have to stress about money.

Following your passions often requires building up capital. This is complicated stuff. Reading books and taking course is less than 1% of the work necessary here.

@Leo Gura
lol I guess you're biased ...
do you realize how many failures there is for one :
Beyoncé,
Cristaino Ronaldo,
Koby Bryant,
?

hundred of thousend if not millions, not everyone is destined to make it

Edited by OmniYoga

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@AlwaysBeNice Yeah idk. I love reading and learning. I’m a polymath. 

@Thought Art I am like that too xD it's totally normal, I like to learning just for sake of learning, deeper understanding is enough prize,
but putting that knowleading into practice is a diffrenece stroy, and that cost my a lot of money pain and a lack of career,
if I had universal income and my surivial needs would be automaticly meet xD, I'd just proably just read and study things

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

No, it succeeded beyond my wildest dreams. I just found even higher things.

@Leo Gura I am YOU, there is no separation, we will meet again and I love you :) We love making games and trying to figure out how to make them to raise consciousness in the world while surviving as an artist.

1 hour ago, OmniYoga said:

@Leo Gura
lol I guess you're biased ...
do you realize how many failures there is for one :
Beyoncé,
Cristaino Ronaldo,
Koby Bryant,
?

hundred of thousend if not millions, not everyone is destined to make it

It's not a function of statistics.

YOU ARE NOT A STATISTIC!

There is no reason why you cannot earn a million dollars. The only thing stopping you is your own lack of desire, creativity, and commitment.

Yeah, I'm biased towards getting results and not playing victim.

Literally trillions of dollars are exchanging hands around the world every year. And you can't get $1 million of it? You are pathetic. That's on you.

Beyoncé,
Cristaino Ronaldo,
Koby Bryant,

This is not a million. This is $100+ million.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

YOU ARE NOT A STATISTIC!

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

? ? 

these statistics aren't a roll of the die kind of thing. 

40% of americans are obese. does that mean you have a 40% chance of getting obesity? 

you have influence over your weight, and in most cases you can find someone like you who has lost weight and can tell you what they did 

and if you want to say false equivalency, i would like to say this: 

i've seen many people around me make lots of money and they have showed me that it isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be

and if you would like to say analogy, i would like to say: 

analogies are awesome. they show you things that the mainstream doesn't 

Edited by Jacob Morres

@Leo Gura yeah, tell that to the sperm that didn't make it to your mom's egg  xD hey, you guys weren't statistic !  - but I guess you don't believe in that anymore ...

apart from joke, if it's as simple as you say:
why is that VAST MAJORITY end up in some kind of 9-5 job, making less than 50k (depends on  the counry) per year?
what is that ? global scale hypnosis ?
where is the trick ? how the game is rigged ? 

maybe instead of blaming and judging - explain and teach us ....

Edited by OmniYoga

Also, just so y’all know:

it was reading books I taught myself music theory and song writing and the art of social interaction that I used to get myself on 2 festival stages and an massive stage in front of 500 people. Your not a statistic but if your paper thin epistemology and victim mindset is gonna stop you then that’s fine. I faced fear, pushed hard and I do speed read and have a high level of reading comprehension. I also made sure in my early 20’s to make study on life long learning and I’m actively building my infrastructure for teaching myself the rest of my life.

reading books also got me hired as a Systems Policy Officer at a non-profit. I ended up leaving recently and I’ve been focused on turning into my spirit and doing a deeper working on my spiritual development as being a spiritual developed and integral person is important for my music brand. Engramn is my name.

Folks, reading books is not the same as emotional mastery. This work of life purpose and creating our own paths comes from the heart and sometimes despite reading, we have emotional lows and downs and attachments. I have more emotional growth, and spiritual purification needed. I’m not afraid I can’t make money but, my consciousness is sacred and I’m resisting surrendering it others while I’m out here visioning and planning and reading. I will get whatever I want in life because I’m a genius and I work my ass off. So can you. So are you. 

I also know I have a short amount of time on earth. My vision is beautiful and if I pull it off it’s gonna mean a lot to a lot of people. I’m meant to do this. To follow my heart and increase consciousness of others with my music. As many artists have done for me I will do. 

“Light a candle for the kids

jesus Christ don’t keep it hid” - arcadefire

and , also it’s relative. Maybe it’s not music in the end. There’s a reason I resonate with Leo’s work because I’m an integral thinker who is passionate about consciousness, purpose and humanity. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

13 hours ago, Thought Art said:

it was reading books I taught myself music theory and song writing and the art of social interaction that I used to get myself on 2 festival stages and an massive stage in front of 500 people. Your not a statistic but if your paper thin epistemology and victim mindset is gonna stop you then that’s fine. I faced fear, pushed hard and I do speed read and have a high level of reading comprehension. I also made sure in my early 20’s to make study on life long learning and I’m actively building my infrastructure for teaching myself the rest of my life.

reading books also got me hired as a Systems Policy Officer at a non-profit. I ended up leaving recently and I’ve been focused on turning into my spirit and doing a deeper working on my spiritual development as being a spiritual developed and integral person is important for my music brand. Engramn is my name.

Folks, reading books is not the same as emotional mastery. This work of life purpose and creating our own paths comes from the heart and sometimes despite reading, we have emotional lows and downs and attachments. I have more emotional growth, and spiritual purification needed. I’m not afraid I can’t make money but, my consciousness is sacred and I’m resisting surrendering it others while I’m out here visioning and planning and reading. I will get whatever I want in life because I’m a genius and I work my ass off. So can you. So are you. 

I also know I have a short amount of time on earth. My vision is beautiful and if I pull it off it’s gonna mean a lot to a lot of people. I’m meant to do this. To follow my heart and increase consciousness of others with my music. As many artists have done for me I will do. 

and , also it’s relative. Maybe it’s not music in the end. There’s a reason I resonate with Leo’s work because I’m an integral thinker who is passionate about consciousness, purpose and humanity. 

How do think about Creativity?

Just wonder and not to debunk anything.

I love so much that you could do a lot of stuff and I did say ‘Wowww’. 

16 hours ago, Thought Art said:

First off I wana say keep doing what you're doing. It sounds like you're already firing beams of light from your eyeballs, taking pieces of the world and molding them into something beautiful. 

There is one thing worth noting. At the beginning of this thread you didn't know what to do and so your life may as well have been over. You were listless and distraught. 

Now, you've created a different narrative full of confidence about who you are and where you will be going over the next several years with all your hard work. 

What happens if that is taken away? What if you become incapacitated and can no longer play music? What if civilization spirals out of control and we're all dead in a couple of  years? Did you take the time to stop and smell the flowers? 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

On 7/18/2020 at 1:02 AM, OmniYoga said:

@Leo Gura yeah, tell that to the sperm that didn't make it to your mom's egg  xD hey, you guys weren't statistic !  - but I guess you don't believe in that anymore ...

Your existence is a tautological necessity. It never depends on any statistical material conditions.

Your chances of existing are 100%! Since here you are!

Since you are here, you can't not not be here.

why is that VAST MAJORITY end up in some kind of 9-5 job, making less than 50k (depends on  the counry) per year?
what is that ? global scale hypnosis ?
where is the trick ? how the game is rigged ? 

maybe instead of blaming and judging - explain and teach us ....

There are many material reasons when you look at it from a statistical, collective perspective.

But the nice thing about being a self is that you don't need to look at yourself from that perspective. As a self you can do many things which are otherwise statistically or collectively impossible or improbable.

So, for example, the statistical, collective chance of your enlightenment is less than 1 in 10 million. But if you seriously want to become enlightened your chance is 100%. Becoming a millionaire is statistically far more likely than getting enlightened. And yet here we are talking about doing both.

Don't worry about how the game is rigged. Go be massively creative and you will overcome all the odds and rigging.

There is nothing stopping you from using your creative mind to invent some new gadget, product, service, or art which will generate $1 million in value.

You could go write a popular song which will earn you more than $1 million. A single song! All you gotta do is invent it. A single fucking song! And yet here you are whining and playing victim.

If you'd put as much energy into being creative as most people do in playing victim, you'd solve all your money problems.

I'm not blaming or judging you. I'm just pointing out that you're creatively fucking lazy.

@OmniYoga also not everyone are willing to go through the process to get there. Its tempting to go the easy road in life.