Thought Art

David R Hawkins

55 posts in this topic

Who is the one you trust? No one.

Who is not the one you trust? No one.

You need to read carefully every words that the authors wrote. If you’re an author, what will you do? Do you wrote a ton of ideas without contemplating carefully? Do you give an ultimate answer and tell that ‘you don’t need to work on yourself, just read my books is enough’? Do you want your reader to experience the truth? Yes! 

And now is you! Why you think you can find the truth by reading the book ‘truth and falsehood? It’s not enough.

Did you think of an avid reader? How would they read? Did they scan and skim through it? And remember all of it? No! They could speedread but if the book they love will release in the next week. They can’t!

Life is an experience. 

You have been spoiled a lot. Hold it loosely and just experience. 

And even that you will be what-you-did-mention. Willing you to experience the next things like the love of an avid reader waiting for the new book?

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

I’m reading all these books, but I still don’t know how I’m going to make a living.

So, it is clear that you have gotten ahead of your skiis with spirituality.

Stop worrying about spirituality and focus on shoring up the base of your pyramid. Go figure out your career and financial situation. Then you can return to spirituality.

You need to teach yourself how to be pragmatic and how handle your basic survival needs before you go trying to transcend the world. Lucky for you, truth is not so important for this pursuit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura @danniviemaria

This is disappointing. I wanted to be a musician but, ahah that’s not pragmatic. That’s what really came up in the life purpose course. That an making YouTube videos about personal growth.... or reviewing all these new devices that are coming out.not very creative I guess.... no way to make money sadly. I want to make value for the world. I’m not just reading spiritual books but some more practical business books too. 

I just don’t want to be mediocre.  I don’t have a degree and I’m 24. I’m not sure I want to stay in this body or this reality. I’m disappointed with reality today. And myself.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

If you are spiritual you have the privilege to live in spiritual communities, something that normal people would be terrified of. In my experience it's hard to function well in society being advanced, people will notice it, react strongly to it, it will bring out superstition, weird beliefs, etc. you have to be confident in what you do and want, or keep a low profile, but at some point, that's not possible anymore except for some cases.

So it's a path that can be done and God will help you, but it may be better to live with like minded people who also want to transcend their ego, because also this path is not some willy nilly, DIY on youtube, course, it's far more serious than any university degree, period,  but also everyone is on it and normal people shouldn't be underestimated.

And if you hadn't noticed, conceptual study tends to make you go off the path.

@AlwaysBeNice Thank You,

I want to impact the world. I want to free my consciousness. I’m going through a mixture of ego backlash and uncertainty. 

I’m not convinced God is gonna help me other than me helping myself. Like, some of these books on metaphysics etc... if they are only for people who are financially free to read them maybe it’s just imaginative masterbation. Am I just Deceiving myself thinking God is leading the way, and that books like Course In Miracles is really somehow magic? 

doing 5meodmt I thought everything In reality was going  to change, or for me to no longer be attached or confused.
But, I feel more confused and attached then ever. 5meodmt is not going to liberate you. Having enough money to sit around reading and being an artist will. 

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

@Leo Gura @danniviemaria

This is disappointing. I wanted to be a musician but, ahah that’s not pragmatic. That’s what really came up in the life purpose course. That an making YouTube videos about personal growth.... or reviewing all these new devices that are coming out.not very creative I guess.... no way to make money sadly.

WTF are you talking about?

You can make millions of dollars as a musician.

You are not trying nearly hard enough. You are giving up before you even begin.

Being a musician is perfectly pragmatic if you are serious about it. But no one will put you on. You must claw your way to success by developing crazy talent.

You kids these days have no work ethic or commitment. You are spoiled rotten.

That's a sweet reaction, but 'I want to help the world, and become enlightened now.', everyone wants that, but it's not happening that way, well it is, if you practice loving or karma yoga, that does, but you are born into systems with people with years and decades of more experience, and it's not up to you to just fix it, that's not how it works, it up to you to fix yourself and be happy.

Really, reading books makes you happier? Your a nerd in that case, a really rare kind, but even nerds don't tend to be blissful, yeah, this doesn't work like society wants it to work, society is a lot of ego's trying to gratify themselves and boast, and some spiritual play into that business by writing books, lol (only half kidding). So no, books 99,9% won't lessen your mind but increase it, and same for art, unless you have so pure passion for it, and then still in that case..

@Leo Gura 

Leo, no one is making it as a musician around me. Even the most successful people in my province... even they they make 400,000+ in gross revenue they themselves are pocketing about 30,000. 

I’ve watched your videos, I’ve put in the work, played festivals, etc. I feel suicidal about it because it matters to me and part of me is dying. But, I’m not seeing how I’m going to make money. Another life coach totally shit all over me when I told her this is what I wanted (I bailed on her afterwards, but she had a point). 

I’m a hard working person. I’ve worked my ass over the past few years. Mastering my craft, reading books, fucking putting myself out there and facing huge amounts of fear, working through limiting beliefs. I also did the entire life purpose course and I study self learning. 

I don’t believe you that I can make money from music. At least not this year, or in the next few years. God, I’m praying to you to send me a sign and show me you haven’t been wasting my time with these songs and visions. Maybe I’m just crazy. But, I thought God was writing the songs and I was the mouthpiece. 

◭"89"

@AlwaysBeNice Yeah idk. I love reading and learning. I’m a polymath. 

◭"89"

10 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I don’t believe you that I can make money from music.

Lol

People are making millions in music. If one man can do it, so can another.

At least not this year, or in the next few years.

Your time horizon is too short.

You need to plan things out better.

I'm not saying you will be able to support yourself within a year or two. That's unrealistic.

You must be realistic with your plans.

Maybe consider getting a day job or starting a biz so you don't have to stress about money.

Following your passions often requires building up capital. This is complicated stuff. Reading books and taking course is less than 1% of the work necessary here.

You can also go on youtube, let it grow over time, and use patreon, could work also.

Also, you can think more simply about money, almost no one ends up on the streets that isn't a drug addict in this western society, and most jobs are easy anyways, it's not as complicated as school likes it to sound, and it goes through relationships more often also. People like to help each other and there is easily enough, just don't be a corrupt asshole, and life can take care of your minimum easily.  People who over stress career and money are  just vain.

Osho said everyone who isn't enlightened is secretly suicidal, crazy huh

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

I'm not saying you will be able to support yourself within a year or two. That's unrealistic.

Maybe consider getting a day job or starting a biz so you don't have to stress about money.

Following your passions often requires building up capital.

@Leo Gura Thank you Leo. 

I have a long time horizon I just get discouraged and confused. This whole thread started by the realization and caution of my self deceptions. 

fuck, I’ve only got one life. My life purpose is making deep insights beautiful to ignite the spirit of humanity to self actualize. As of right now, being a professional musician seems intangible. It seems impossible and I feel frustrated. I have a lot of fear, and mental walls creating inhibition in some contexts where I could take action. 

What could I do today, that is a direct action that can help me find clarity? I’m not interesting in spending much more time in this apathetic state. This low I’m in... it’s challenging. 

I want to serve God and Humanity. 
My love burns so bright and sometimes the weight of everything is too much. Arcadefire is my hero... 

the song Intervention saved my life...

”the kings taken back the throne

the useless seed is sown

when they say their cutting off the phone, I’m tell em your not home... hear the soldier grown we’ll go it alone!”

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

WTF are you talking about?

You can make millions of dollars as a musician.

You are not trying nearly hard enough. You are giving up before you even begin.

Being a musician is perfectly pragmatic if you are serious about it. But no one will put you on. You must claw your way to success by developing crazy talent.

You kids these days have no work ethic or commitment. You are spoiled rotten.

I want to know what work ethic means? What is really like to have a work ethic ... 

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

building up capital

Capital? Is the capital you are saying is Money? 

What is capital?

26 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

What could I do today, that is a direct action that can help me find clarity? I’m not interesting in spending much more time in this apathetic state.

When I wanted to make my own video games, on my terms, I made a plan to start an unrelated business to earn money to finance my dreams.

Within 8 months my business was making money, I quit my day job, and worked on my biz for a few years to become financially independent. Today, if I wanted to, I could spend the next 10 years just sitting around making whatever video games I desire.

If you want something bad enough, you will devise a plan to make it possible.

You will never become successful by thinking inside the box and doing what every other fool is doing.

If you really care about music you will find a way to make it happen.

8 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

What is capital?

$$$

@Thought Art

I love the concept that the mastery will find you and not you to find the mastery.

It’s now all about your happiness or so-called ‘follow your bliss’ in the time that you settle down for the training, work, learn, etc. 

You don’t care about ‘whether tomorrow you have got better or not’, so there is for what as you might think but beyond that. That thing is the real thing to work on yourself.

What is the thing that is not supported to that but your mind while you think you are not able to achieve that thing?

Hey, there are still goals as well.

It's not different than some folks who are having the tracking-every-minute schedule of every day when you wake up and see the distance between you and your dreams. And you know clearly that how burned-out will kill your next days. 

Even you are a polymath who loves a lot of thing, don’t cram everything without reading carefully with your curious. I did read a lot but nothing would help, and burned out a lot.

Even that you need to do the counter-intuitive move: slowly reading and enjoy it as the nothing will change even the mastery you dream of  being not ever able to achieve.

And if you still think you must read a book a day to follow your dreams, you will not able to be at least a Polymath. 

Do you want that schedule while you’re in what-you-did-mention? And still love that? 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

Following your passions often requires building up capital.

Thanks Everyone for your guidance on this. I’m feeling better! I am finding clarity. 

all my life I’ve had these dips. Usually after them good things come that I never could have expected. 

You all mean the word to me. 

Leo you know I love you! 
Thanks Everyone. 

◭"89"

7 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Now I don’t know anything. God isn’t helping is he.... and I’m just projecting meaning onto events etc.... I’m not special. Honestly, why bother keep on living if I can’t make it as a musician? Being a sage? How is that tangible in this reality...I’m reading all these books, but I still don’t know how I’m going to make a living. I don’t know anything.

You have to be slightly pragmatic in your approach. 

If you don't know how to make a living, try to figure that out first. If you are not alive, you can't read books.

If music is your passion, you can start playing on the streets. People will chip in money if they see your passion and love for the music. 

There is this girl I follow on youtube. She has millions of followers and cheers up people with her music. You can try something similar to what she is doing.

I have read all the books by David Hawkins. ALL OF THEM. The only thing I learned from them was to understand myself better. Nothing else.

I have read hundreds of books that helped get to the so-called "enlightenment". Enlightenment won't give you anything. Absolutely Nothing. 

Seek your happiness and fulfillment first. Only when you are fulfilled, you can become empty again.

You are more special than you think.