Bazooka Jesus

150 (???) mcg of LSD: The Terrible Beauty Of Love

23 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Bazooka Jesus :x :x:x

I've always loved that song. Lyrics are actually kinda funny backwards though. 

Huh? Alright, let's see... "without you, I'd be what God only knows"? HAH! This is kind of the opposite of the alledged Heavy-Metal-song-turned-into-satanic-prayer-when-played-backwards, isn't it? ^_^

(As a kid, I grew up on a fairly strict musical diet comprised of mostly Beatles and Beach Boys songs... so yeah, this is one of my favorites too!)

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

25 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Huh? Alright, let's see... "without you, I'd be what God only knows"? HAH! This is kind of the opposite of the alledged Heavy-Metal-song-turned-into-satanic-prayer-when-played-backwards, isn't it? ^_^

(As a kid, I grew up on a fairly strict musical diet comprised of mostly Beatles and Beach Boys songs... so yeah, this is one of my favorites too!)

@Bazooka Jesus xD 

Have you discovered the one they recorded that was written by Charles Manson yet? I was creeped out for days about that. lol My parents were conservative Christians so they thought the Beatles were the devil. "Imagine there's no heaven..." BLASPHEMY. Super funny to me now. 

This is my favorite Beatles song now, super appropriate for this thread. It wasn't SUPPOSED to be about LSD, just inspired by his son's artwork. I believe he really was honest about that, but also there aren't any coincidences. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

25 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Bazooka Jesus xD 

Have you discovered the one they recorded that was written by Charles Manson yet? I was creeped out for days about that. lol

Ugh, no, never got wind of that one... even though I was aware of the fact that Dennis Wilson and Charles Manson used to be BBFs before Charlie sent out his goons to do "the devil's work". Well, as a staunch Wagnerite, I am frankly kind of used to listening to and worshipping divine music that was written by insufferable douchebags, so I am pretty hard boiled in that regard. Heh.

Oh boy, there are just WAAAAAYYYYY too many amazing Beatles songs for me to mention... even though I feel that the White Album is slightly overpraised, I adore pretty anything that those guys recorded in the second half of the sixties. To this day, I feel inclined to argue anyone who claims that the Beatles were not the greatest band of all time. I mean, sure, we all know that truth is relative - but come on, it isn't that relative, lol!

Why so serious?