Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peak

Yoga Vs Meditation

10 posts in this topic

Is yoga require to do meditation? Can it improve things? Yoga can be a exercise to improve stretching/flexibility and getting energy to start meditation.

7 hours ago, MrPeak said:

Is yoga require to do meditation?

Nothing is required :)

What are you looking to get out of meditation if I may ask? 

What I'm looking to get out of meditation is to have a spiritual waking. I want to experience the no self and the ultimate truth of reality. There are some other things I want my meditation to do such as: being consciously aware and present. There was this meditation experience that I did yesterday that was going good until I start to experience no breathing and had to open my mouth because of the nose not breathing enough air  

@MrPeak If awakening is what you want, you should be doing self-inquiry & questioning more than meditation. Meditation is not that effective for awakening. You have to systematically break down your conceptual framework of who and what you think you are. I have many videos explaining how to do that. See my video especially about the Neti Neti method.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 30 July 2016 at 11:00 PM, Leo Gura said:

@MrPeak If awakening is what you want, you should be doing self-inquiry & questioning more than meditation. Meditation is not that effective for awakening. You have to systematically break down your conceptual framework of who and what you think you are. I have many videos explaining how to do that. See my video especially about the Neti Neti method.

Didn't you say that strong determination sitting is the fastest way to enlightenment 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Didn't you say that strong determination sitting is the fastest way to enlightenment 

No.  Shinzen Young said that!  But it's been parroted here across the forum.  The forum where not parroting is allowed ! :D

Knowledge is the fastest way to enlightenment.

Contemplate this.  Advaita say's you are limitless.

So try to find something that is limitless, whatever you find, it cannot be you.

10 minutes ago, Matthew Lamot said:

No.  Shinzen Young said that!  But it's been parroted here across the forum.  The forum where not parroting is allowed ! :D

Knowledge is the fastest way to enlightenment.

Contemplate this.  Advaita say's you are limitless.

So try to find something that is limitless, whatever you find, it cannot be you.

Isn't shinzen Young this zen master who was enlightened for fourth years he's definitely better than Leo so he must be right. He said that most zen masters use strong determination sitting to get enlightened. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise

Just now, How to be wise said:

Isn't shinzen Young this zen master who was enlightened for fourth years he's definitely better than Leo so he must be right. He said that most zen masters use strong determination sitting to get enlightened. 

Is he enlightened?

How do you know he is Self-Realized?  He might not be, because he might have been exposed to corrupt versions of the teachings that were corrupt even in their homeland hundreds of years before they came to the west.

1 hour ago, Matthew Lamot said:

@How to be wise

Is he enlightened?

How do you know he is Self-Realized?  He might not be, because he might have been exposed to corrupt versions of the teachings that were corrupt even in their homeland hundreds of years before they came to the west.

Watch 'meditations on steroids' you'll know just how great he is

he is a westerner 

he is a zen master!

hey guys maybe  we can just do the SDS and self-inquiry, lets say 50/50 of our time, that could be more smarter than choosing one and confusing ourselves.:D