Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jacob Morres

Inspiring quotes i resonate with

10 posts in this topic

“If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”  

i find trouble finding a book telling me how to love myself, what it means to love myself, and how to go about it, the benefits 

also a book for self-transformation 

maybe they're out there? but i haven't found one that i've resonated with yet 

"The essence of conversation is not what we say but how we listen"

Listening is so important! The other person being seen, understood and heard leads to them being very happy and needs met!!! 

And makes you happy because you've been able to meet them 

It builds connection and intimacy and trust! 

-----

"You must love in such a way that the other person feels free"- thich nhat hanh

Yes! This one is great because when we are free we can do whatever we want without worrying about the other persons approval. We are seen and accepted and heard 

We are able to be ourselves and do what we need to 

And the relationship will have a foundation of love which is a great foundation for growth! 

Otherwise you are only giving conditional love where you are loving only certain aspexts of them. Meaning they are free to be themselves which is truly an amazing place to be. Lots of love and connection. Also great for parent-child because now the kid will have the freedom to be himself and do what he wants 

Edited by Jacob Morres

"in order to change something you have to understand how it works"  - Dr.K

this is an interesting one - 

it seems as though all of my quotes here are very self-acutalization-y. my mind wants this but isn't taking action towards it 

23 hours ago, Jacob Morres said:

i find trouble finding a book telling me how to love myself, what it means to love myself, and how to go about it, the benefits 

also a book for self-transformation 

maybe they're out there? but i haven't found one that i've resonated with yet 

@Jacob Morres  I read your  post yesterday. A few minutes ago I thought of it again and Gangaji's book came to mind.

It's very similar to Eckhart Tolle's Power Of Now. Below is a quote from it.  It may not be the right one for you but I thought it wouldn't hurt to share this.

IMG_1097.JPG

“In this moment, however you are searching, stop. Whether you are searching for peace and happiness in a relationship, in a better job, or even in world peace, just for one moment stop absolutely. There is nothing wrong with these pursuits, but if you are engaging in them to get peace or to get happiness, you are overlooking the ground of peace that is already here. Once you discover this ground of peace, then whatever pursuits you engage in will be informed by your discovery. Then you will naturally bring what you have discovered to the world, to politics, to all your relationships. This discovery has infinite, complex ramifications, but the essence of it is very simple. If you will stop all activity, just for one instant, even for one-tenth of a second, and simply be utterly still, you will recognize the inherent spaciousness of your being that is already happy and at peace with itself. Because of our conditioning, we normally dismiss this ground of peace with an immediate, “Yes, but what about my life? I have responsibilities. I need to keep busy. The absolute doesn’t relate to my world, my existence.” These conditioned thoughts just reinforce further conditioning. But if you will take a moment to recognize the peace that is already alive within you, you then actually have the choice to trust it in all your endeavors, in all your relationships, in every circumstance of your life. It doesn’t mean that your life will be swept clean of conflicts, challenges, pain, or suffering. It means that you will have recognized a sanctuary where the truth of yourself is present, where the truth of God is present, regardless of the physical, mental, or emotional circumstances of your life.” 
― Gangaji, The Diamond in Your Pocket: Discovering Your True Radiance

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future"- Steve Jobs 

What an insane quote. What has happened in the past, your traumas , decisions and good interpretations have contributed to your being and personality to this date. 

@Zigzag Idiot

Thank you brother. I will consume this book. It feels extremely right for me in this time and I will try it out 

"There is so much abundance around, you just need to notice it."

When regarding job opportunities, solutions to life's problems, to a significant other, to presence, to happiness, love, good positive feelings . what isn't there?

Edited by Jacob Morres

"When you treat someone like a person, they start acting like one"

"Non-interference is an important aspect of consciousness and love. You don't stick your nose where it don't belong. You don't got derailing the developmental paths of others without good reason." 

- Leo Gura

I want leo to make a video on that. a video on how to love others unconditionally . i think to do that, you have to love yourself 

Edited by Jacob Morres

“Problems do not go away. They must be worked through or else they remain, forever a barrier to the growth and development of the spirit.”

Scott m. Peck

Limitings beliefs are an illusion:

Money beliefs

Happiness beliefs 

Relationship beliefs

Root identity beliefs 

Love beliefs 

Potential beliefs 

Fears, uncertainty 

Wowza

Self actualization (healing. Creating, spiral dyanmics, philosophies etc.) 

Is a lott easier when base needs are met

For me, friendship, money, exercise and direction