Yarco

Zen Master Eido Roshi answers the question, 'Does God exist?'

114 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I know Buddhists. And their understanding of reality is shit.

Buddhists with 40 years professional experience are still in the dark.

And ain't nobody got time to be a monk. I'm talking about solutions for real people.

Show me one Buddhist who can clearly explain what God or Love is.

Zen is very careful to not conceive of God in terms that would fix any concepts in the mind and thus create a duality as 'God" (The Ineffable) is oneness and unity.

AS God cannot be explained nor understood with our finite minds, Zen prefers to pay attention to Direct experience.

Its discussed in Master Dogen’s Shobogenzo, Book 2, The Inmo chapter. Perhaps worth a look.

Note I'm not a Zen Buddhist, just have an interest.

Edited by Reincarnated Cat
grammar sucks ;)

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

As long as there is form, you are dreaming it up.

Where else would it come from but your imagination?

Yeah I know that. Was just joking. Once I stop I become blacky. 

@Leo Gura So is then co Creative dream. Only God damn question I have.

To lift that God damn burden and allow myself to be happy. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And ain't nobody got time to be a monk. I'm talking about solutions for real people.

You mean someone has to explain it exactly how you want it on your terms.

That being said I found Jed McKenna's comment on Buddhism ironic.

''Buddhism created a whole bunch of Bhuddists, not a single Buddha'' 

That escalated pretty quickly ?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Buddhism is not a religion. It doesn't teach dogma or belief whether it's about God or anything else.  It's more of a way of life to end suffering and experiencing inner piece via detachment and seeing through the Flux of existence. That also includes the "concept of God" not the actual God.  You see the concept of God is as illusory (fleeting) as any other concept... So it doesn't help to attach to it.. A Buddhist might see this conversation and he will say that it doesn't matter what you think or not think about God.. These are all ideas.. The actual God which is not "God"(the tao that can be named is not the eternal tao) is found in silence. 

Beautiful 

Since I was a zen guy not into teachings but practises. What God is. 

It's Infinite Love. 

God gave you complete Godhood Absolute fucking maximum. That's Love of God. That God is me. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

You guys haven't heard the latest breaking news!!

Astrophysicists first discovered something called Dark Matter and then were shocked to discover there is also Anti Matter, but nothing surprised them as much as the discovery of what has been called the God particle otherwise known as:

Nothing Matters....❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

You guys haven't heard the latest breaking news!!

Astrophysicists first discovered something called Dark Matter and then were shocked to discover there is also Anti Matter, but nothing surprised them as much as the discovery of what has been called the God particle otherwise known as:

Nothing Matters....❤

Your kids doesn't matter, really. 

If nothing matters everything matters. Drop that BS like for real drop it. Everything is you. So? 

8 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Your kids doesn't matter, really. 

If nothing matters everything matters. Drop that BS like for real drop it. Everything is you. So? 

No I didn't say everything matters, read again.... Nothing Matters...

Did you forget how to read or something?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Buddhists may say that the idea of a creator God comes out fear and clinging . Buddhists don't concern themselves with Go. It is not their focus 

However Paramahansa Yogananda says quite the opposite: 

Everything is God.
God is the Eternal Consciousness, unchanging and indivisible, in which the illusions of time (change) and space (division) present an infinite variety of forms interacting in a progressive mode of past, present, and future. 
God is love. When you feel unconditional love for all, that is God. In devotees, of course, you feel the love of God more manifest, but still you love all, because even though hidden, He dwells in all. 
Being infinite, God cannot be limited to any form, human or stone; yet He is manifest in all forms. One can rightly say that God manifests in every man as well as in great saints, for He is present in all.
The kingdom of God is not in the clouds, in some designated point of space; it is right behind the darkness that you perceive with closed eyes.
You have to awaken in order to perceive that God is everywhere and to realize that you have been dreaming. All of you are sitting here in this dream, and you are part of the dream. 
There is no way to find God's love other than to surrender to Him. 
When great love for God comes in your heart, you do not miss human love. Loving the Lord, you can never turn back to lesser loves. In Him you will find all the love of all hearts. You will find completeness. Everything that the world gives you and then takes away, leaving you in pain or disillusionment, you will find in God in a much greater way, and with no aftermath of sorrow. 
Don't try to know God first; love God first. Then He will tell you everything.

Leo: the mind of God feels like... pure, abstract, unstructured consciousness. Utterly impersonal and alien. Completely unlimited.

Edited by Nak Khid

1 hour ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Yeah I know that. Was just joking. Once I stop I become blacky.

You better watch it. I'm getting sick of your endless rambling.

Don't post unless you have something of substance to say.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yup lets "them" recognize their endless pure nature. No more silliness it will hurt me a lot. 

6 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

Buddhists don't talk about God or love or a creator

That is not their focus at all.   The do talk about compassion 
What Leo talks about is different, more similar to Advaita Vedanta

"While both Hindu and Buddhist philosophies talk about losing individual self to infinite oneness, Vedanta emphasizes the existence of the Self and its manifestation as all the different forms in the universe whereas Buddhism discusses selflessness but does not propose the existence of an omnipresent and omniscient Self." [source]

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 09.26.43.png

Creator is the Self or the manifested which always manifests. The unmanifested is nothing and there is nothing outside of Self.

The Self is the only one that exists. We are not concerned with that which does not exist since every-thing exists. Nothing does not exist.

Edited by Member

Buddhism says all your life is your karma. Karma means it's your creation.

When Leo says that everything is imagination, it's exacly the same thing that yoga and buddhism say when they say your life is 100% your karma or your making. (Same as your imagination)

So it seems they do have the same insights that you speak about. 

Just some thoughts I wanted to add to this topic :)

Cheers, good luck :)

Edited by Salvijus

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You designed every hair on your body.

God is that which created itself.

@Leo Gura how is it that I designed every hair on my body if I am not aware of my every hair? 

Did I design something that I am not aware of in current direct experience?

33 minutes ago, Naviy said:

@Leo Gura how is it that I designed every hair on my body if I am not aware of my every hair? 

Yes. Your life is a dreamed up dream (by You) in which you voluntarily decided to make a lot of the dream seemingly be out of your control. This is why life is fun, you see? 

Ultimately it is all your doing, however, only you want to forget that it is.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

41 minutes ago, Naviy said:

When you are aware of it, you create it.

Feel the hair on your arm. As you feel it, you create it. Awareness IS creation.

You are not aware that you are creating Everything. Because you're asleep.

All I'm saying is that you CAN become aware of how you designed it. Obviously you're not anywhere near that degree of consciousness right now. Which is why is seems so outlandish to you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Buddhism has serious difficulties in accessing the non-dual state due to its own nature. Usually they stay in the casual state (witness). So they don't know much about God. Leo is right. Someday perhaps I will create a thread on this topic to explain this with a bunch of references.