Guest SirVladimir

60 Days of Shamanic Breathing - What I Learned (Complete)

34 posts in this topic

@Tim R ^_^

@herghly I have done day 60 today. I will continue to practice. Not sure about further reports; I would report interesting breakthroughs in a separate thread.

3 hours ago, herghly said:

How long do you do the breathing for and do you listen to music?

About 50% of days, for 5 minutes.

About 40% of days, for 15 minutes.

The rest are long-durated sessions; about an hour long. They are aimed to initiate big breakthroughs.

Take into account the shamanic breathing affects me unlike the majority of people I have read reports from. Five minutes are enough to be enlightening.

I used to listen to music, but nowadays I play a track right at the end of each session to ride the afterglow. I found these to work the best for me:

Instrumental music works well, too.

Edited by SirVladimir

Thank you to @Moon for editing the thread's headline - this 60-day run is now complete. :) You can still ask questions below, and I'll make sure to answer them.

Additional Report #1

The breathwork has penetrated my meditation practice - and especially trataka. Over the last weeks, I have been able to become easily immersed and 'sucked in' by an object, a line of text, a point in the field of view. I cannot explain by words the process. I'm a river.

I will experiment in the field, for I feel an immense potential to develop it further.

Hey! I wanted to ask you if you are a completely different person than 60 days ago

3 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

Hey! I wanted to ask you if you are a completely different person than 60 days ago

That's too broad of a question. Yes, I have undergone extraordinaire voyages, come back with insights, realized a purpose. I can't, however, be anyone but the ever-present cosmos. :)

You are right it was a broad question. 

You see i'm still looking at the world with my ego eyes and try to release some suppressed emotions. I tried the shamanic breathing only 3 times and it was helpful so far. However i never really had any visions only relived some memories. Would you recommend this as a daily practice? And what do you mean by realizing your purpose? Did the technique by itself made clear what your purpose should be? Also do you breathe forcefully or with a normal tempo? Sorry for the many questions and thank you for your time answering this :D

20 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

Sorry for the many questions and thank you for your time answering this :D

Nah, no worries. Let's get to it!

Would you recommend this as a daily practice?

I haven't recorded any negative side effects yet. You may come across strong ego backlashes, though, as I did in the last twenty days. 

And what do you mean by realizing your purpose? Did the technique by itself made clear what your purpose should be? 

I became aware of what I will strive to achieve in this life, you can visit the project through the link in my signature. I perceive the technique as something which gets rid of barriers; the life purpose is right here, you merely need to see it clearly. Personally, the breathing overwhelms me with such intimacy, tranquility, beauty, and pureness that I cannot help but (breathlessly) surrender to what I truly am. ;) 

Also do you breathe forcefully or with a normal tempo? 

There was a similar question in the first response on the first page. I try to do an 'ellipse' with my breath, then it automates. 

Thank you this is helpful! My experiences weren't as intense but they sure were very interesting. Interesting enough to want to give daily shamanic breathing a try sometime.

Additional Report #2

It would be technically Day 72, but I missed quite a few since the marathon has ended.

Yesterday and the day before, I experimented with reading under the spell of shamanic breathing. Being a creator myself, this was a crucial part to test and see the implications of, as before each writing I write up specific instructions for the reader to perform. One of them being five minutes of shamanic breathwork. Here's a quick summary of what shamanic breathing can do when combined with a text.

You breathe for a given time, you read in the afterglow. 

What I found was quite fascinating - and heart-warming, for what it matters - because I know now that a ground-shaking state can be induced without a psychedelic, to which a small portion of the readers won't have access.

Everyone behaves differently, but I have found my equilibrium between too shallow and too intense of an experience (to carry out reading) to rest at five minutes. You should accompany it with appropriate music. Hans Zimmer works well, but it also depends on the text's character.

I encourage you to give this combined activity a try. Well-written texts will appear relishing, enlightening, clear and fresh. You will understand them in depth, sentences will appear profound, mystical, beautiful. You will develop a sort of telepathy with the author, for you will seem to perfectly untangle the meaning of each word.

*An entertaining side note: If you occasionally play video games, give shamanic breathing a try first. Then play something like Alien: Isolation. In my case, this is both a terrific and a wonderful experience. I find the breathing to dissolve psychological boundaries which encircle the ordinary state, as seen in previous reports, and therefore I'm not constrained by the notion of 'playing a video game' and 'sitting in front of a monitor.' You quite literally appear to be in the environment. Many of your materialistic cravings can be satisfied through this practice, and more easily transcended.

Edited by SirVladimir

I'm so impressed and intrigued by your experiences and accomplishments with the breathing.  Sounds like you anchored the breathing to third eye exploration (I'm sure even the notion of third eye breaks down) .   In other words you have found your bullet train to Astral.  You have inspired me to try this method once again! 

Do you always do this sober? 

Edit: OK wow, heavy body load and tingles after a minute. Then in a short afterglow a prickling on crown and third eye. Started out feeling very cumbersome but then it kind of felt like I was a compressor.  Very neat. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

9 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Do you always do this sober? 

Yes, mostly I start from the ground up. But it has potential to impact your cannabis or ayahuasca experience (and certainly others too). 

Good work, proud of ya! The cumbersomeness is treacherous... I have mentioned something similar on page one. Also, your perception of time in the relative sense is distorted. The first 4 minutes feel to me as long as the gap between 5 and 20 minutes. Crazy.

@SirVladimir admittedly I had smoked lightly earlier, but it was mostly faded and the breathing brought a body load like I haven't felt in years! After just a minute(assumed time) it became a bit overwhelming.  After a break I tried it again but with less intense breathing and was still able to get the tingles. 

Another question, do you do this with mouth open or closed? 

Do you think it stimulates some kind of natural dmt or maybe even an unknown human varient of entheogen? Wouldn't it be hilarious if aliens considered it a delicacy ???

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay