supremeyingyang

Why is there so little Spiral Dynamics Youtuber?

8 posts in this topic

It's a given in this Forum that Spiral Dynamics is cool!! It's a mighty Tool to predict human behavior. B|

Why is there so little Spiral Dynamics Youtuber?

Compare it to MBTI, you get a lot of laid back Youtubers who make content to everything from analysis to teachings: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=MBTI
For Spiral Dynamics I find only boring ass business Seminar Guys and Gals who tell you the basics of the basics - and Leo Guras epic Introduction that seem to be in the DNA of these Forum nowadays ;)

I think there would be a market for that. What do you think? Am I missing some obvious cool SD Youtubers?

Edited by supremeyingyang

Not sure. It would be rather annoying if it became too popular though. It's way too simplified of a model, and can easily be turned into an ideology like it already has been here.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy

:D We have an Ideology in the Forum? Never thought about it, but it would be an interesting Study to see what People wrote here in the Forum. There are complex Text Mining Tools for that.

I don't think that it would be more than Content for a niche Audience, which could mean nevertheless easily over 100.000 Views per Video.

Edited by supremeyingyang

Very little of the population has a good grasp of what spiral dynamics is and even if they do most cannot teach it. It takes a lot more than just reading a book and even watching all of Leo's spiral videos a few times for me. I still don't have the highest grasp of turquoise. I also lack some understanding of stage red more deeply and identifying when I am talking to someone in it. I would imagine I would need to study some more books and content created by each stage to take it to the next step. I have some really in depth notes though. 

The reason I enjoy Leo's content is just the fact that he can articulate this type of information with depth. I imagine with myself I could probably put together about a 10 minute speech on each stage with some more studying and preparation and that would be pushing it lol. Most would lack the knowledge, skill to articulate, and a lot of people are not trying to reach a stage yellow audience as well. 

Spiral dynamics is so versatile that it would change the world completely if more leaders had a good understanding of it. It would need to be taught I think to younger generations to have the full effect though. As in an actual structural change to education. I notice even with myself watching Leo's series a few years ago was nothing compared to what I understand now adding in the book and a lot more application. Getting someone to do that process and not being overly judging of others by teaching them on video would be hard. I thought I knew a good amount of it then from the videos and I am sure I could study it more for a better grasp. 

I had searched around more for others sharing stuff and the only thing I had found that was decent was a blog post on it. There was not much content regarding it that was worth watching besides Leo's for me. I am going to read some more books on systems thinking and probably study more material from each stage. A good way to learn from it is just getting good at identifying the stages too with the content you watch and people you interact with. 

22 hours ago, Roy said:

Not sure. It would be rather annoying if it became too popular though. It's way too simplified of a model, and can easily be turned into an ideology like it already has been here.

Amen. 

@DivineSoda @supremeyingyang What is the Ideology of SD about ? I can't be the real deal, you are so turn off by that. The Question is why is that? - And what is to do about it. Because it'll likely  get worse the more people get in the forum.

17 hours ago, Average Investor said:

Spiral dynamics is so versatile that it would change the world completely if more leaders had a good understanding of it. It would need to be taught I think to younger generations to have the full effect though.

This is what I mean, this is what a Channel could do a little. It takes decades but you gotta start somewhere - and it's interesting !

17 hours ago, Average Investor said:

I had searched around more for others sharing stuff and the only thing I had found that was decent was a blog post on it. There was not much content regarding it that was worth watching besides Leo's for me. I am going to read some more books on systems thinking and probably study more material from each stage. A good way to learn from it is just getting good at identifying the stages too with the content you watch and people you interact with.

Right. This would mean that there is nothing in this domain. I mean the theory is not even really pronounced. There is so much to discover and gain by developing that!! It makes me happy that we might see this Model mature. Maybe more detailed Conversations about one specific topic to discover some Rules or even Laws of SD Interactions

People care about themselves, doing an MBTI-test and comparing results with others.

With Spiral Dynamics there are no tests and no horoscopes that tell you your type and how your type uniquely fits into society. Its too complex and too impersonal. Maybe with a right marketing strategy it could become popular.