Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlwaysBeNice

The Hare Krishna Movement and Prabuphada (documentary)

3 posts in this topic

Iskon, a tradition brought to the west to aid the hippy revolution through vedic chanting.

The hippy revolution was a peak time in western history.

The primary practice of iskon is chanting, practicing love through signing, it's the best tool next to meditation or tantra as it involves the heart and daring to make loving sound, vibrates and makes you feel the whole body.

It's powerful, and it's like work too, bringing results instantly and results in due time, there's truth to work, that may be overlooked in some of the dry non dual teaching.

This is a spiritual life process, ancient, universal and not a school test.

The core Hindu book the Bhagavad Gita, inspired by Krishna and the central book is truly profound, 5000 years old.

Iskon also has 108 temples and or farms, wherein people can often do work exchange, and also do cooking programs and feed many people. True friends of the process.

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

Literally all religions used singing (praise) as the core practice of the community, aside from buddhism, but whom also still uses chants.

Baba Muktanana.

"Chanting is the means of attaining everything. Through chanting, you are purified on the inside. Through chanting, love arises. If love arises, it means that you have attained God, because God’s true nature is love. You sing His name so that love will arise.

No good deed can equal chanting,. Tulsidas said that by chanting the Name of God everything becomes pure and auspicious. Your neighbours become pure, the atmosphere becomes pure, and even the sky and the earth become pure. To chant the auspicious name of God is to make the tongue, the ears, and the heart auspicious and pure.

The name is the true form of God. Shaivism says that God exists in letters. From letters come words. From words, a sentence is composed, and from a sentence you get meaning. The meaning of the Name of God. When we chant, the tongue is touched by the form of God, the ears are touched by the form of God, and the heart is touched by that too.

So, don’t consider chanting the name to be a mere sadhana. The Name itself is God. A poet said that the name of God is the mine of God’s nectar. So, chant the Name with great reverence. No deed can equal the Name."

Chanting is the means of attaining everything. Through chanting, you are purified on the inside. Through chanting, love arises. If love arises, it means that you have attained God, because God’s true nature is love. You sing His name so that love will arise.

No good deed can equal chanting,. Tulsidas said that by chanting the Name of God everything becomes pure and auspicious. Your neighbours become pure, the atmosphere becomes pure, and even the sky and the earth become pure. To chant the auspicious name of God is to make the tongue, the ears, and the heart auspicious and pure.

The name is the true form of God. Shaivism says that God exists in letters. From letters come words. From words, a sentence is composed, and from a sentence you get meaning. The meaning of the Name of God. When we chant, the tongue is touched by the form of God, the ears are touched by the form of God, and the heart is touched by that too.

So, don’t consider chanting the name to be a mere sadhana. The Name itself is God. A poet said that the name of God is the mine of God’s nectar. So, chant the Name with great reverence. No deed can equal the Name.

'When even a mere abuse or a mean word can affect a person mentally, how can a mantra, which is a holy word, not achieve its sacred purpose?'

@AlwaysBeNice , Not sure I agree that chanting, or Mantra Yoga as it's known, is for everyone.  I was initiated into a chanting practice involving a core sound or Bija Mantra such as 'Om",  but found it did not lead me anywhere. It was a robotic most of the time and I failed to see any benefits. Admittedly, with the Hare Krishna groups, the chanting is accompanied by music and movement which makes it enjoyable - it is easier then to feel and open the heart. 

Edited by Demeter