Res Ipsa Loquitur

Don't Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here

5 posts in this topic

I discovered Leo's videos exactly two years ago - at a time when my life couldn't have gotten any worse. Growing up as a kid I only attempted activities that I had a natural talent for, as I was deeply afraid of others discovering any kind of weakness inside of me. Of those activities that I did pursue, it drove me mad when I wasn't the best in my field. I quit many promising endeavors in school, that I know I would have been great at - if only I had the mental fortitude to keep on going. 

Like most teenagers, when I grew older I continued to lead a life with zero direction of my own; often feeling like a lost soul carried off into the distance by the waves of time. As a result, I turned to drinking as my primary source of escapism and my way of fitting in. At the time, I didn't know I was walking down a path of self-destruction. During this time, I unknowingly judged others, got into many bar fights, and sabotaged every relationship I had ever been in because I knew it would never last; always undermining myself and believing that I would never be good enough to meet my impossible expectations of life.

It wasn't until approximately two years ago, when I hit rock bottom, that I finally became conscious of just a few of my inner demons. I picked up a book by Napoleon Hill called "The Law of Success" and it changed my life immensely. This was the first of many books that I would later read that coincidentally lead me to Leo's video: "How to Become a Millionaire - The Truth No One Tells You". It was in this video that I gained some real insight on how I should become a creator which inevitably lead me to more of his other videos; each video giving more insight than the last. I'm proud to say that I've watched over 50 hours of content. I'm also getting to the end of the Life Purpose course and for the first time ever, I feel reinvigorated about life! I feel inspired and motivated to do something beyond the norms of society. I want to CREATE and give value to the world!!! ME?! Who would have possibly THUNK IT?! lol

I just wanted to share my story with those who feel lost and tell them that there's always hope of a better life for yourself. We all live entirely different lives but we feel similar emotions - and in that sense I feel connected to you. Feel free to shoot me a comment or let me know your experience. I appreciate everyone on this forum and wish you the best in your life purpose.

smile.jpg

@Res Ipsa Loquitur i have a similar story like yours instead of alcohol I induldged in tabbaco and weed however I'm a recovering addict using a lot of Leo's advise and also falling in the traps, I'm doing the life purpose course too but too much content I'm on the 4th exercise but will complete that after thonk and grow rich... 

All the best in this journey 

@Res Ipsa Loquitur amazing share, thanks! The addictions I had were never to any substances like you chaps and many others. I can only imagine how difficult i can be to overcome a substance addiction

I had what Leo referred to as soft addictions, like: criticism, anger, self-pity, gaming. Even though they are soft addictions they still held me back from being the type of person I knew I could be. 

I started asking the question: This can't be it, what else is there out there for me?

Similarly, I then came across the same video you did, after reading Napoleon Hill's 'Think and Grow Rich'. This was 2 years ago now. I completed the Life Purpose course which has helped me to find what really engages me now. And although it's still tough and I'm nowhere near where I want to be... For the first time in my life, I know where I am going and how to get there. It's incredibly liberating. 

@TeaDiddy That's awesome man! It's pretty neat how you came across the exact same video and pretty much read the same book as I did, at exactly the same time. I mean... talk about coincidence! :D