ivankiss

Holy shit! I just moved an object without touching it!

64 posts in this topic

@ivankiss  Do you think such a thing would be reproducible in front of a camera, for example? As you've stated, the event was viewed and acknowledged by two different individuals. So we cannot dismiss it as "your mind playing tricks on you due to stress". I'm not being skeptical or anything, I legitimately see the falsity of the materialist worldview. It just that, these kinds of things should be so common, that someone should've definitely gathered evidence enough to challenge a materialist by now. Doesn't make sense why that hasn't happened yet.

Release me.

5 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Like this?

Damn, an actual explanation. Nice.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Oh my god I have Purpose! I EXPLAINED something! 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

This is amazing! I am a little bit envy now 9_9.
But... did you move it or did it move on it's own? Wonder if it's going to happen regularly now! :D

I believe that the mind can perceive things differently, but physical existence always follow a set of rules, which is never seen to be broken in centuries. If it's broken, and you can show it to the world multiple times, you will be worshipped by the masses.

It doesn't, there are no rules. We have no idea how it works, that's all just concepts believed in. This physical existence is mind itself. Which is exactly what Ivankiss's experience shows :).

Edited by wesyasz

2 minutes ago, wesyasz said:

It doesn't, there are no rules. We have no idea how it works, that's all just concepts believed in. This physical existence is mind itself.

In a dream, you can insert your hand inside a wall whereas here you cannot even if you meditate deeply for hundreds of years, why?

1 minute ago, An young being said:

here you cannot even if you meditate deeply for hundreds of years, why?

How do you know that? 

7 minutes ago, wesyasz said:

How do you know that? 

Nobody has recorded that. Physical things can always be recorded.

Again, these are assumptions, aren't them? At first that there are some others and physical objects. Maybe there are, maybe there aren't. We don't know. What you describe as physical things, is something which might not even be a thing, but in order to make it something we gave it a name and believed that this is it. This is what is a concept believed in. 
And if you say it has never been recorded, then you should read "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda. With an open mind :).

2 minutes ago, wesyasz said:

Again, these are assumptions, aren't them? At first that there are some others and physical objects. Maybe there are, maybe there aren't. We don't know. What you describe as physical things, is something which might not even be a thing, but in order to make it something we gave it a name and believed that this is it. This is what is a concept believed in. 
And if you say it has never been recorded, then you should read "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda. With an open mind :).

Yes, all are assumptions. I am open to all possibilities, but I also use my intuition and logical mind to question things. In my experience, attempts in manipulating the physical world with mind has either proved to be due to other existing forces of nature or due to tactics employed by people to attract the masses with some 'magic'.

I have read a lot about Paramahansa Yogananda, but I have not read his full autobiography. Definitely, I will read it in the future ?

And the problem with having a very big open mind ( although a normal sized open mind is good) is that we become vulnerable to suggestions, similar to hypnosis. We tend to believe whatever we hear without using our logical mind.

Even understanding of awakening happens because of our logical mind trying to interpret what has happened. That's why we have so many different explanations across religions for the same experience.

13 minutes ago, An young being said:

And the problem with having a very big open mind ( although a normal sized open mind is good) is that we become vulnerable to suggestions, similar to hypnosis. We tend to believe whatever we hear without using our logical mind.

I fully agree! But you see, how do you know you are not in a hypnosis right now? How do you know our mind hasn't been filled with enough believes to keep us stuck at certain level of understanding to this very moment? Because you must allow possibility that what you know and what is your point of reference at this moment, might be so called hypnosis itself and suggestions/concepts which has been placed there already. This is why, when you have written that it has never been recorded and physical reality has some limits, I asked you, how do you know? Because only by stepping out of everything we've learned we can see what's real and use our direct experience instead of suggestions to discover what it is. And it is possible to then discover that possibilities are infinite and whatever idea you hold on to is just a concept and you create your reality by creating your own, unique perspective. The truth is unknown, it is a mistery. And everything is possible.

8 minutes ago, wesyasz said:

I fully agree! But you see, how do you know you are not in a hypnosis right now? How do you know our mind hasn't been filled with enough believes to keep us stuck at certain level of understanding to this very moment? Because you must allow possibility that what you know and what is your point of reference at this moment, might be so called hypnosis itself and suggestions/concepts which has been placed there already. This is why, when you have written that it has never been recorded and physical reality has some limits, I asked you, how do you know? Because only by stepping out of everything we've learned we can see what's real and use our direct experience instead of suggestions to discover what it is. And it is possible to then discover that possibilities are infinite and whatever idea you hold on to is just a concept and you create your reality by creating your own, unique perspective. The truth is unknown, it is a mistery. And everything is possible.

Yes, I agree that everything is possible and rules can be broken. Also, I agree that direct experience opens up all possibilities and allows us to perceive the world without all the filters and the rules. But, to exist as an individual, we need to follow all the suggestions / concepts  we may have ourself created as one. I haven't seen any individual breaking the rules even if it is set by our own consciousness. The rules seem to be universal and designed in a specific way, without which we cease to exist as individuals. Atleast in the individual's perspective, we have to live with the rules. ( If somebody has broken the rules, and if they can show that to me with some visual proof, I will definitely believe it's possible from individual's perspective also ). Possibilities are endless for an infinite mind, but for a finite minds, I don't think so.

11 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Hmm... Not sure. 

Blowing my mind over and over again, I guess ?

You might use it for your music right. 

11 hours ago, cetus said:

@ivankiss Maybe you placed a cup on a table and the room moved.

XDDD

11 hours ago, cetus said:

@ivankiss Maybe you placed a cup on a table and the room moved.

How many ivankiss's does it take to screw a light bulb? 1. 1 to spin the room round and round.

For me it sometimes happens that when I have a hot cup of something and put it down when there is water under the cup, it will start moving. Seems like the water/air underneath is expanding and somehow creating movement.

Glory to Israel

8 minutes ago, Scholar said:

For me it sometimes happens that when I have a hot cup of something and put it down when there is water under the cup, it will start moving. Seems like the water/air underneath is expanding and somehow creating movement.

You are right I think, it happens very commonly

Hot air and liquid moving the cup is still 'energy' tho, right? And it all did happen within my mind. So technically; I said no lie ?

@ivankiss Heh, usually I would dismiss this sort of account as a high-faluting cock and bull story - but after having listened to you playing that 8 string guitar of yours, I absolutely don't put it past you to perform acts of telekinesis, my man. :P

Why so serious?