Madhur

Someone justify the noself and out of body experience

13 posts in this topic

I am not enlightened, neither I had any OBE, but recently I am trying to do astral travel. But....

in his enlightenment video leo said that you are nothingness aka pure transparent awareness, so I can't wrap my mind around that if there is no self then how this experiences is possible, what is actually getting out of our body if there is noself ? this thing is keep bugging me whenever I try to achieve OBE. 

Please enlighten me on this topic, thanks! ?

Noself is more of a philosophical position, whereas OBE is spiritual-scientific.

There can still be an energy body that can leave the physical body. Just as the physical body is not an impediment to the noself principle, neither are other kinds of body.

Mind you, i don't actually believe in the noself principle. Theoretically it is plausible, but i believe in souls.

@Madhur

All that is, that can be pointed to or talked about, is mind, and there are not two. All appearance conveys that you are in a body. All experience can convey you are in another body, or a coffee cup. There is no mind over matter. There is no matter. Just, nothing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I don't understand, I am not able to connect what you said with my question.

@Artsu leo said it's not philosophy, i believed in souls but after watching Leo's enlightenment videos and especially the one where he did the noself guided mediation, that video shift my belief about souls existence.... It's very difficult for me to understand that how can these both notion can exist co relatedly.

I have had OBE before, randomly. Yes, we have an energetic body that can travel outside the physical body. 

I kept hearing all this no-self thing around, but do you ever experience that? In your experience you are someone, you have an awareness and feelings and senses. You never are not yourself. 

So is it that no self is just like a metaphor to detach ourselves from the material world to attain spiritual peace but regardless there is still "self" exists within us.

22 hours ago, Madhur said:

what is actually getting out of our body if there is noself ?

If you really think you are inside your body, try finding out where exactly you are located. Don't use your mind for this. You need to experience it first hand. Maybe this video can help you too. It does for some.

https://www.headless.org/experiments-home.htm

Edited by Shiva99

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

22 hours ago, Madhur said:

if there is no self then how this experiences is possible

How is this “regular reality experience” possible? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Madhur We can create distinctions such that there is an “internal” and and “external”. For example, we can create a thing called a “body” and create all sorts of new things that are “inside” that body. And we can create all sorts of things that are “outside” that body. In doing so, we can create an “inside body thing” that can transverse and become an “outside body thing”. We can call this transferring thing a “self”, “awareness”, “essence” - lots of different things. . . This type of creation can be a great exploration and lot’s of fun. 

12 hours ago, Madhur said:

@Artsu leo said it's not philosophy, i believed in souls but after watching Leo's enlightenment videos and especially the one where he did the noself guided mediation, that video shift my belief about souls existence.... It's very difficult for me to understand that how can these both notion can exist co relatedly.

I'm not familiar with Leo's teachings. I'm aware first hand of things like lack of self, only now is real, simulation/only you are real. This is through a kind of experiential philosophy. It's not just thought, you do feel it, but it's still, in my view, philosophy. Thought experiments regarding the nature of reality.

If you're not able to grasp noself and souls existing simultaneously, then i would say the error is in noself. One could say that even the soul is not the true self, even it is subject to change, and that technically there can logically be nothing fixed about being. This sounds philosophical, and i don't really know its implications.

17 hours ago, Forestluv said:

@Madhur We can create distinctions such that there is an “internal” and and “external”. For example, we can create a thing called a “body” and create all sorts of new things that are “inside” that body. And we can create all sorts of things that are “outside” that body. In doing so, we can create an “inside body thing” that can transverse and become an “outside body thing”. We can call this transferring thing a “self”, “awareness”, “essence” - lots of different things. . . This type of creation can be a great exploration and lot’s of fun. 

17 hours ago, Pookie said:

No-self and such a phenomenon as getting out of your body when there is nothing there to begin with are not mutually contradictory. In fact, they both explain one another. No-self is exactly what is getting out of the body which no-self is creating as seemingly separate from it. It's all no-self interacting with itself the whole time, being able to create all sorts of weird and "dualistic" games with itself. 

So it's just another imagination that I am(Consciousness) creating.

Edited by Madhur

On 7/11/2020 at 0:16 PM, Madhur said:

I am not enlightened, neither I had any OBE, but recently I am trying to do astral travel. But....

in his enlightenment video leo said that you are nothingness aka pure transparent awareness, so I can't wrap my mind around that if there is no self then how this experiences is possible, what is actually getting out of our body if there is noself ? this thing is keep bugging me whenever I try to achieve OBE. 

Please enlighten me on this topic, thanks! ?

Nothingness is imagining everything. Just like how a white sheet of paper holds whatever is drawn on it.

You can have all sorts of mystical experiences of aliens, out of body, astral realms, chakras, etc.

But all of it is happening within Nothingness. All of it is Nothingness.

No-self is a higher degree of consciousness than an OBE or a formed mystical experience.

The highest realization is that you have no form whatsoever. There is no reason to get out of your body because you were never in your body to begin with. You are omnipresent. You cannot go anywhere because you are already everywhere and everywhere is nowhere and nothing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.