Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blankisomeone

Neurotic/depressed family

7 posts in this topic

My family is very neurotic and depressive and stressed out.

I’m scared of being drawn into all the drama and ending up like them.

14 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

You will if you don't get the fuck out as soon as possible. 

It’s already kinda happening. Sometimes I catch myself acting like them. I always catch myself and snap out of it. But I’m scared of one day losing it completely and just totally becoming like them and go down their spiral. I notice my brothers and cousins all going down the same path. They’re older than me, and I notice their lives following the same course as my family (dysfunctional relationships, neurotic psychology, etc). I really don’t want the same to happen to me, man. I must get my shit together and build my own life.

Edited by blankisomeone

1 hour ago, blankisomeone said:

It’s already kinda happening. Sometimes I catch myself acting like them. I always catch myself and snap out of it. But I’m scared of one day losing it completely and just totally becoming like them and go down their spiral. I notice my brothers and cousins all going down the same path. They’re older than me, and I notice their lives following the same course as my family (dysfunctional relationships, neurotic psychology, etc). I really don’t want the same to happen to me, man. I must get my shit together and build my own life.

You won't if you are committed enough with self-development. I know exactly what you are going through and i assure you that you came to the right place, this forum and Leo content are excellent resources in a sea of crap. First, realize how blessed you are, most people live and die without an opportunity like this one, let alone have the wisdom to recognize and value it. 

How old are you? Talk a little about yourself and we can give you some great piece of advice. 

Not everyone ends up being like their family. It's not always the family that's influencing our behavior and way of being, but it's more about the resources we consume.. the music we listen to, the books we read, the movies and videos we watch. You decide what becomes of you.

My family is also always stressed about something, but nobody will tell I am like them. I simply distanced myself from them, I hang out with my friends, read, spend a lot of time alone.

Avoid them when they are caught up in the drama or fighting. Try to spend most of your time away from them if they are bothering you. Just react calmly to everything that happens.

You got this man. Just detach from that energy like you do with thoughts in meditation. Keep your eye on the prize!!! Your future. If you allow them and YOURSELF to fall into that grimy territory that is all at risk. You will be just like them. But you have the choice to not be. As hard as it may be at first. Realize this:

this low consciousness, toxic behavior is characteristic of a child. It's as if your family grew but stayed the same age mentally. Don't hate them for it but realize these people literally don't have the capacity to engage and deal with life (since they're really children after all). They dont have the robust nervous system that is required to engage with life properly. It's quite sad, but you should not expect so much out of a child, adult life for a child is INCREDIBLY stressful. try to be understanding but dont get yourseelf dirty. You come first!!!

The mere fact that youre on this forum seeking for solutions sets u apart from everyone else. The moment you start pointing fingers is when you gotta be careful. Confident you will figure this out.

:) 

good luck man! I wish you a beautiful and fullfilling life

Edited by PenguinPablo

Learn How to deal with them.

All of your life you have been told that God created you. God come now to tell you this:  You are creating God❤️