Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonsey

Is it cheating to do "Do Nothing Meditation" after.....

9 posts in this topic

drinking a doppio espresso shot?

When I get home from work around 6:45am, I do an hour of "Do Nothing Meditation."

I do this 7 days a week. 

On three of those days before I meditate, I "cheat" by drinking a double shot of espresso from starbucks. 

On these days my meditations are pretty damn cool and very fucking enjoyable.

On the days when I meditate and I'm NOT "doppio'ed" up on espresso, my meditation experience is still enjoyable, but more challenging due to the fact that I'll sometimes tend to doze off and at certain periods of my session, I have to fight to stay awake or focused. 

I also notice when I doze off I tend to have mild hallucinations. Is this because when meditating my brain waves are functioning between the Alpha and Theta waves? 

3 minutes ago, Jonsey said:

drinking a doppio espresso shot?

When I get home from work around 6:45am, I do an hour of "Do Nothing Meditation."

I do this 7 days a week. 

On three of those days before I meditate, I "cheat" by drinking a double shot of espresso from starbucks. 

On these days my meditations are pretty damn cool and very fucking enjoyable.

On the days when I meditate and I'm NOT "doppio'ed" up on espresso, my meditation experience is still enjoyable, but more challenging due to the fact that I'll sometimes tend to doze off and at certain periods of my session, I have to fight to stay awake or focused. 

I also notice when I doze off I tend to have mild hallucinations. Is this because when meditating my brain waves are functioning between the Alpha and Theta waves? 

I would suggest using breath to avoid dozing off instead of using caffeine. Just take a few very deep breaths and while doing so, observe how the whole body moves. That will be enough to keep you awake,  although not active. Caffeine is not good for the body as well as the mind, especially the one trying to meditate.

There is no “cheating” in spiritual pursuits since it is not a competition. Whatever works for you. 

One of my best mediations was a double shot of espresso before entering a sensory deprivation tank. For others, this would not have been a good combination. . . 

The mild hallucinations might be the pineal gland releasing DMT.  The pineal gland is connected to the visual centers of the brain so it is respectfully called the mind's eye.

3 minutes ago, XeRnOg said:

The mild hallucinations might be the pineal gland releasing DMT.  The pineal gland is connected to the visual centers of the brain so it is respectfully called the mind's eye.

Does the pineal gland release DMT ? I have heard it releases traces of it but they are not strong enough to induce hallucinations.

46 minutes ago, An young being said:

Does the pineal gland release DMT ? I have heard it releases traces of it but they are not strong enough to induce hallucinations.

I am sure the amount of DMT released is dependent upon how much the pineal gland is vibrating at that moment.  But yes, the pineal gland does indeed release enough DMT to cause a maintained and concentrated vision.

3 hours ago, XeRnOg said:

Do you have any idea what happens when you're having hypnopomic/hypnagogic hallucinations during sleep? Could it be DMT releasing in the brain? In the last time, I'm having these weird visuals with light dots or orbs of different colors (usually white) that seem to be sentient (they don't look at all like typical dreams).

Edited by Member

there's no cheating.

you can drink a whole bottle of alcohol and do meditate. meditation is not biased towards this and that. you wouldn't drink alcohol because it would lower the quality of concentration, whatever suits you is the best option.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

It's fine don't worry.

If you decide to quit meditation or espressos it would be fine too