Preetom

If you don't get it even after this, god bless ya

105 posts in this topic

If you feel you don't have 100s of hours to listen to other teachers deciphering the nature of Reality, start here with 8 minutes.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Yeah, I also was amazed by clarity of explanation ☺️

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

10 hours ago, Preetom said:

If you feel you don't have 100s of hours to listen to other teachers deciphering the nature of Reality, start here with 8 minutes.

Thanks for posting. Never heard of this guy before.

Very good.

Just now, peachboy said:

Thanks for posting. Never heard of this guy before.

Very good.

You might wanna check him out. Also his books The nature of Consciousness or Presence Vol 1,2; If you want a systematic study and conceptual understanding instead of a scrambled, more confusing, contradictory hodgepodge theory in this field.  

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Yeah I guess but there is "slight" problem with this. 

Don't ya dare let 'em find on their own. 

Oh yes I forgot just a seeker. 

Nice explanation helped me a lot. 

At the end he says peace and happiness is another name for consciousness. That's interesting because I would consider myself peaceful and happy and don't even believe in consciousness at least in the way he attempts to portray it. 

I truly think he means well, a great guy but sometimes I get the feeling he talks in circles for a long time about very basic topics and is aware that time on the camera earns the bucks $ from YouTube and gets more people to go to his meetings... I also have the sense that guy that asked the question was probably more confused after Rupert was done explaining what it was he was attempting to explain.

I think Rupert had some sort of Awakening but then completely filled his apparent experience with lots of conceptual dogma.

I'm not trying to talk crap ❤ really not just how I see it.

Here is an interview from Jim Newman who I've been listening to for a while. I love how direct and to-the-point he is.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Thanks, I'll check out Newman's video.

You can call it whatever you want: god, love, peace, consciousness, self, nothing or even refuse to name/define it. They all seem/sound true from certain views, but the definition is always redundant.

And arguing about the awakening game; who is more woke, who passed which stage is no different than wall street corporate ladder chimpery.

Your profile pic sums it well haha.

NOTHING MATTERS

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

a great guy but sometimes I get the feeling he talks in circles for a long time

LOL

Oh the irony :D

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

13 minutes ago, Preetom said:

You can call it whatever you want: god, love, peace, consciousness, self, nothing or even refuse to name/define it. They all seem/sound true from certain views, but the definition is always redundant.

And arguing about the awakening game; who is more woke, who passed which stage is no different than wall street corporate ladder chimpery.

NOTHING MATTERS

Your very welcome ?

Yes very well said...

Didn't think there was arguing or so called chimpery, I was just pointing out the experience here from watching a lot of his videos in the past. Really nice soft-spoken guy altogether.

From this perspective the unknowable everything that's happening is consciousness.... it's not something that needs to be found, its "What IS" 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

29 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

LOL

Oh the irony :D

What irony is that?

32 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

What irony is that?

I think he is telling that you are the guy who talks in circles. I don't know if it's true or not.

1 hour ago, Preetom said:

NOTHING MATTERS

I prefer to disagree. I think it is important to challenge each other's knowledge and claims of "enlightenment".  Here is one thing I know for sure, just when I think I can't understand anymore than I do, I am proven wrong time and time again.

So it is important to challenge what other people know in order to prevent the blind from leading the blind.

4 minutes ago, XeRnOg said:

I prefer to disagree. I think it is important to challenge each other's knowledge and claims of "enlightenment".  Here is one thing I know for sure, just when I think I can't understand anymore than I do, I am proven wrong time and time again.

So it is important to challenge what other people know in order to prevent the blind from leading the blind.

I think it's because when we are in experiential state, our conscious mind is shut off. Once the experience is over, our analytical mind comes back into play. We must understand that the analytical mind is unique to each individual unlike the consciousness. It's trying to comprehend what had happened and creates stories around it to make it as real and logical as possible. The stories are different but real for each people even though the experience is same. Just because we had the experience, our analytical mind fools itself thinking that whatever we had experienced must be true since we have directly experienced it. ( That itself arises from the fact of conditioning of the mind, we tend to easily believe in something we have direct experience in individual's perspective like what we see, hear etc.) So, enlightened people come here to share experiences laden with stories created by our analytical mind, which has taken place unconsciously. The truth can never be found, but we can get as close as to the truth as possible, which is what we are trying to do in these kinds of forums.

8 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

At the end he says peace and happiness is another name for consciousness. That's interesting because I would consider myself peaceful and happy and don't even believe in consciousness at least in the way he attempts to portray it. 

I truly think he means well, a great guy but sometimes I get the feeling he talks in circles for a long time about very basic topics and is aware that time on the camera earns the bucks $ from YouTube and gets more people to go to his meetings... I also have the sense that guy that asked the question was probably more confused after Rupert was done explaining what it was he was attempting to explain.

I think Rupert had some sort of Awakening but then completely filled his apparent experience with lots of conceptual dogma.

Here is an interview from Jim Newman who I've been listening to for a while. I love how direct and to-the-point he is.

Your unconscious psychological projection onto others is hilarious ????

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

I love Jim and Rupert just as much in different ways. Honestly couldn't say one is more advanced than the other. 

You really have to deeply explore all kinds of teachings, then forget them and explore on your own. Then go back to the same teaching and you find that the SAME recording or words have completely morphed and changed meaning. Total mind fuck. 

It was never the same recording twice. There are no teachers. You're creating this all on the fly, then giving it meaning and tricking yourself into thinking you know what you remember and know what you've heard. It really is that wild. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

30 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Your unconscious psychological projection onto others is hilarious ????

There ain't no others. ?

Ya sure ya want enlightenment? 

(calm yourself we seekers now, not on list. Hurted your ego does it. Like someone spitted my imaginary face and took crap on all hours I meditated and on all my love and passion for truth. Stfu doesn't hurt ya at all) 

What do I got as reward a grandpa who has to be there to support me punishes me with points instead(oh you silly kid ya'll never forgive, 10 points, 10 points like I am the worst here) 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

9 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Are you Dutch?

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

I'm pretty sure when I joined this forum there was way less of this obvious ego-flexing and sniping. What happened? Can't we just appreciate what Rupert has to say without making pointless comparisons and hierarchies of teachings and teachers. 

1 hour ago, zeroISinfinity said:

There ain't no others. ? 

Sweet sweet innocent child - you have to learn when the adults are talking on a relative true level (within the context of human life/the dream) and when we are talking on an absolute level.

But even then, most people here on this forum, even Leo, seem to often forget that even the difference between 'relative' and 'absolute' is imaginary, arbitrary and meaningless/illusory. Fundamentally, "dream/life/ego/samsara/human" is 100% identical to "Awakening/God/Nothingness/Love/Consciousness/Death/Brahman/Heaven/Nirvana

There is zero difference, ultimately - it's all Oneness.

So you pointing out to me that there is no others, just clearly shows your lack of understanding, especially your lack of understanding context.

❤️

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.