Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Joe Biden speech

23 posts in this topic

I'm not usually a fan of Joe Biden. 

But I was doing some work on my laptop and meanwhile this video was running in the background on another machine and my attention was deflected by a voice and words for the very first time. 

No speech had subconsciously gotten my attention since Obama. 

Very good speech. Gotta give some credit to this guy at least for this speech. 

Try not looking at him if you don't like this guy but just give a listen to his entire speech. 

Now I don't know if he is genuine or just theatrics. But anyway good speech for the average American. 

There were more plans to fix the country in that 20 minutes  speech than I heard in the last 4 years. 

Please Watch 

Edited by Preety_India

INTP loner... .shy girl.. The devil loves me a bit too much. 

Quick access to journal entries

Joe Biden is a well meaning moderate, I fell into an ideological trap with people like Jimmy Dore, and I remember believing that Obama and Biden were literal criminals.

لا إله إلا الله، وليو رسول الله

I hope he really means what he says and not a politician who only does the talk but not the walk. 

I would be disappointed if he plagiarized this speech and if it was ripped off from Trump. Because he is usually not very competent with finishing sentences. 

But some of the points he said were actually Trump's original ideas. Like make America great by employing Americans.

But anyway good speech. Good on him. 

INTP loner... .shy girl.. The devil loves me a bit too much. 

Quick access to journal entries

12 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Joe Biden is a well meaning moderate, I fell into an ideological trap with people like Jimmy Dore, and I remember believing that Obama and Biden were literal criminals.

They are literal criminals though, that's the sad/hilarious part xD. Do you know the kind of unethical and illegal acts, and amount of people you have to exploit to have a career in politics that gets you that deep and to that level?

There is a reason highly conscious and developed people stay far far away from politics, and leave it to others.

Edited by Roy

"Your mind can never change, unless you ask it to. Lovingly rearrange, the thoughts that make you blue."

2 hours ago, Roy said:

They are literal criminals though, that's the sad/hilarious part xD. Do you know the kind of unethical and illegal acts, and amount of people you have to exploit to have a career in politics that gets you that deep and to that level?

To call a president or politician a criminal is silly because the job itself just has serious consequences no matter who holds it.

If you think Obama and Biden are criminals, you have no appreciation of what a truly corrupt person in such a position of power would be like.

A few drone strikes is peanuts in the grand scheme of things and does not a criminal make. Obama is probably the least criminal a politician as has ever held serious office.

You have to be careful with your liberal fantasies of how politicians and presidents should be angels. They can't be angels because they are in the business of fighting off monsters and devils. An angel would never get the job.

When you are president, even a small decision could easily end up hurting or killing thousands of people. And often times your decisions are like this:

Plan A: 1,000 people die

Plan B: 100,000 people die

There is no Plan C.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

To call a president or politician a criminal is silly because the job itself just has serious consequences no matter who holds it.

If you think Obama and Biden are criminals, you have no appreciation of what a truly corrupt person in such a position of power would be like.

A few drone strikes is peanuts in the grand scheme of things and does not a criminal make.

Somebody has to deal with the mess of the last 50 years. :P 

It's just a ride.

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You have to be careful with your liberal fantasies of how politicians and presidents should be angels. They can't be angels because they are in the business of fighting off monsters and devils. An angel would never get the job.

I hold no delusional expectations of what they have to do to get the job done. I was pointing out to @Husseinisdoingfine that the label can still apply, regardless of whatever exceptions one makes or mental gymnastics are pulled.

A spade is still a spade, even if their hand was forced.

It's not good or bad, it's simply what it is. People will draw their own perceptions of it, so don't get too worried about it.

Edited by Roy

"Your mind can never change, unless you ask it to. Lovingly rearrange, the thoughts that make you blue."

10 minutes ago, Roy said:

the label can still apply

To be a criminal one has to commit a legal crime.

Point out what legal crimes Obama or Biden committed.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Good point, it's just as corroupting to point fingers at somebody in mass, calling somebody a pedo, because somebody said so, or using it as a wepon to distract you from the actual issues. It's a very complicated problem, just like a judge can't just rule as he wishes no matter what his opinion is.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

lol

Just because people in positions in power can get away with doing terrible things because they have the protection of certain legalities while regular Joe's don't, it doesn't make the acts any less terrible.

I'm amazed a systems thinker such as yourself is even interested in using such logic semantics as a defense.

Yes I appreciate they are in unique situations and their hands are tied, but you have to understand the reason people even use such language as "criminal" (even if it is recklessly applied sometimes) is to push back and challenge the systems that justify and rationalize those acts, and to expand our standards of what is acceptable behavior and what isn't.

8 minutes ago, Roy said:

lol

Just because people in positions in power can get away with doing terrible things because they have the protection of certain legalities while regular Joe's don't, it doesn't make the acts any less terrible.

I'm amazed a systems thinker such as yourself is even interested in using such logic semantics as a defense.

Yes I appreciate they are in unique situations and their hands are tied, but you have to understand the reason people even use such language as "criminal" (even if it is recklessly applied sometimes) is to push back and challenge the systems that justify and rationalize those acts, and to expand our standards of what is acceptable behavior and what isn't.

Presidents make all sorts of decisions that people will disagree with it. That does not a criminal make.

My defense is not semantic. It's fundamental. Presidents are given serious life and death situations and decisions to deal with. If you start calling them criminals willy-nilly because they seem too harsh, that's your misunderstanding of the challenges and complexities of governing a nation of 330 million people.

You can question and criticize their decisions without resorting to falsehoods and hyperbole.

You can disagree with Obama without calling him a criminal. Calling him a criminal weakens your argument by making you look ignorant, reactionary, and sloppy.

Making life and death decisions for a president is not a crime. It's the job!

@Roy you can vote for a democrat and can still have a civil rights movement against the candidates politics you don’t agree with. that‘s actually more of a democracy than standing behind every shit someone tweets or discussing that shit in sense of how to recycle it so it won’t harm nature and human survival.

This is what actual crime looks like:

I, for a minute, could imagine Biden and the progressive wing actually coming together against the imminent rise of fascism.

A corporate centrist, hell even corporations, seeing through the evil and to all of our humanity. A society dedicated to its people and not a few.

I just got emotional for a second. Imagining the return to a sane society. We very well may be too far gone.

You say there are more plans to fix the country in this speech than you heard for the last 4 years, what plans are you referring to? The first 6 minutes he speaks of bringing back industry and jobs back to USA, this is exactly what Trump got elected for in 2016 and he delivered. You may remember how he was speaking of taxing companies that were exporting their factories, for instance how he handled the the  Carrier Air Conditioner case (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier_Air_Conditioner_move_to_Mexico#Reversal_of_decision). If you like to hear it from Biden but you don't like Trump delivering on it it would demonstrate a bias.

One proposition I heard in this speech is to raise the wages of first responders and teachers. As a matter of fact Biden has been in US politics for half a century so whatever proposition he makes brings the question of why didn't he push for it when he could during his career? His long career makes it quite difficult to believe that he's concerned with old issues like racism, if he's so concerned about racism why didn't he fix during his career, in fact it became what is it during his career, so if white supremacism is such a major problem nowadays he may have more responsability in it than Trump because he was in public affairs for so long.

In any case Biden is mainly a placeholder, his cognitive decline is pretty clear and will continue to worsen over time which means that his speeches are meaningless and his handlers will have mostly free reign over the Presidential office should he win it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxxAyHgBiNU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I99MDdcmBOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oE_YAD7QPE

Notice how the entire time during this speech he's reading of teleprompters,my neck feel uncomfortable from me seeing him switch from left to right incessantly.