Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PukkaDanks

Fasting For Spirituality

8 posts in this topic

Recently did a 4 day water fast and documented my journey here, probably will be doing this again for spiritual purposes, its quite a cool exericse.

Have any of you fasted before, what was your experience?

I've done intermittent, which isn't as extreme. Head felt much clearer. It felt like I broke out of a trance where i was just unconsciously eating all the time. It also made eating food 100x more enjoyable and it made me more grateful.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

The gratitude component is a real benefit, I'd be interested if someone did like a 20 day fast and what that effect was on spirituality.

@PukkaDanks Connor Murphy on Youtube is going for 40 days

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

I did 3 day fast and it was really nice but after the fast I experienced backlash and all the benefits that you gain with the fast sort of go back did you also experienced this ?

20 minutes ago, PukkaDanks said:

The gratitude component is a real benefit, I'd be interested if someone did like a 20 day fast and what that effect was on spirituality.

I plan to go 14 days starting on Monday, combined with a retreat. Oh the sweet suffering... :D

I'm currently on day 6 of my water fast. I will break it in two days or so.

From my experience up to the 5th day is the hardest physically. You purge a lot of toxins in from your digestive system and other parts of the body.

After day 5 I experienced emotional release and healing you are confronted with a lot of negative thoughts and emotions.
From all the experienced I read on reddit and watching youtube videos, deep healing starts after day 10. 

It also depends on the person if you live an unhealthy life and have no mental strengths then it might unfold otherwise.

Think i'll start a 4-7 day water fast tomorrow.

Did a 10 day water fast once earlier this year.

i got into it because i tend to have some stomach/gut issues but fasting is kind of a spiritual experience in itself.