Husseinisdoingfine

Colleges are leftist indoctrination centers?

247 posts in this topic

@Husseinisdoingfine , this is essentially how Jordan Peterson felt throughout his career and I agree with him. His case study fighting against compelled speech is a perfect example of the problems of modern day University thinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Roy said:

If you think that something so benign that doesn't affect you is toxic, you should probably get over it and stop being such a snowflake.

See what I did there? ;)

This does affect me and you. You just can’t see it. If you read the entire thread I talked about why being obsessed with your identity is unhealthy, I don’t want to go over it again.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, then.... don't be surprised when they think you and the friends supporting you are toxic masculine.

Yea I guess. But I expected some people to understand my point.

Already two people have attacked me lol.

But I think this stuff is dysfunctional and “wrong” relatively speaking for society to function. I thought this forum is about conscious politics and pointing toxic elements in society.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Epikur said:

@Akemrelax

I agree with you so you are not alone here :)

This forum has a left leaning bias. 

But, why is that surprising tho? 
Just by watching Leo’s videos one can hear his views and understandings about spiral dynamics, the future of society and the HISTORY of society.
What I understand from his videos is that the future of society is liberal, that we actually want more government, not less, that the history of society has always been leaning towards progress and progressive points of view. So I ask again. Why is it surprising that this forum would be left leaning? 
 

I read breitbart sometimes, I also read the comments, the same goes for Fox News, I do it because I want to see what others think. But I won’t consider, not even for a second, to engage in conversation with them because we just won’t have anything in common. How can I expect them to understand me or to “lean left”? Would that even make sense for me to think that?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody, i want to take the opportunity to call out Stage Green moralizing and guilt-tripping. 

I understand that non-binary people have a difficult time integrating into mainstream society. I myself am not someone who is using biological arguments to deny their existence, all identity is mentally constructed. However, you'll have to understand that as PC as the mainstream gets to your face, they won't really understand what it's like to be non-binary. They will use biological justifications to deny it.

Also, you are the minority. Tough pill to swallow, I know. You're gonna have to take responsibility for that at a certain point. The society we currently have is not conducive to human health and well-being. You're gonna have to be pro-active to create systems to cater to your needs. Protesting and waiting for the current leadership to do it for you will only work short term. Same goes for guilt-tripping and shaming most people into being PC. You keep doing that, the majority won't like you and will continue to marginalize you.

My suggestion is you own your non-binary community and contribute something of value to society. The more you do that, the more likely it is that society will include you. Collective human survival is hyper-pragmatic and cynical like that, I know. That's the advantage the majority has over you. But, you have the power to change that. 

You're not the only minority struggling with this stuff. Conscious and spiritual people have the same minority struggles. Human society was not consciously constructed by conscious people, it unconsciously evolved due to the selfish actions of the most powerful, cruel, vicious and psychopathic people.


"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jennjenn said:

But, why is that surprising tho? 
Just by watching Leo’s videos one can hear his views and understandings about spiral dynamics, the future of society and the HISTORY of society.
What I understand from his videos is that the future of society is liberal, that we actually want more government, not less, that the history of society has always been leaning towards progress and progressive points of view. So I ask again. Why is it surprising that this forum would be left leaning? 
 

I read breitbart sometimes, I also read the comments, the same goes for Fox News, I do it because I want to see what others think. But I won’t consider, not even for a second, to engage in conversation with them because we just won’t have anything in common. How can I expect them to understand me or to “lean left”? Would that even make sense for me to think that?
 

Like@Parththakkar12 wrote it the left leaning people are not actually the majority. So if you you want to be productive you have to work on a compromise with them. For that you have to understand them and try to make them understand you. That's a lot of work to do.

Well normally one looks into the forum and in 10 minutes you figure out where it leans politically. There is no surpise there I guess. Sometimes poeple might think for example because somebody is smart this person has to be left leaning. Ben Shapiro is probably very smart but he is right wing. So it depends.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roy said:

Should we not encourage them by saying that there is nothing to fear? Ie. "Benign"?

All fear is imaginary. But the problem is, when you are afraid it does no good to tell you that there is nothing to fear, since if you accepted that you wouldn't be afraid in the first place.

Conservatives should legit fear the loss of their worldview, identity, and the ensuing existential crises that will come with that. Of course all of this is good stuff, but they don't want to hear it.

2 hours ago, Apparition of Jack said:

@Leo Gura What about then people who've explored their own identity and the nuances of identity itself, but then end up choosing to identify with the social identity they grew up with anyway? Would that identity be any less "true" just because they've seen beyond how identity works?

Any identity less than God/Infinity/Nothing is untrue or only partially true.

If you fully realized what identity is, you would not go back to your old social identity, since it is so limiting.

Quote

I ask because while I see that things like gender, nationality, etc. are social constructs, I still "choose" (for lack of a better word) to identify as male, to identify as my nationality, and so on. I find having these identities makes navigating life easier, since I'm not always second-guessing what so-and-so "other" identity would do instead, even if both are illusionary.

By that same logic, some college kid chooses to identify as a unicorn -- precisely because it makes navigating life for her easier.

2 hours ago, commie said:

The real issue uptight people have with unicorns is that the phallic symbolism is a bit on the nose.

Not on the nose, on the head! Don't confuse unicorns with rhinos ;)


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All identity is relative, subjective, and self-constructed.

Whatever you think you are, you're imagining that. Whether you think you're a human, a 30 year old male, or whatever.

The reason you feel some of these identities are more real and less constructed is because society happens to reinforce your imaginary identity.

So, for example, if you were born into a society/culture which believed that all humans are aliens, you would identify as an alien and you would feel that this is your true biological identity.

Your actual identity is Nothing. Which allows you to pretend to be whoever you want. But the added wrinkle is... since you are addicted to the approval and authority of your culture, you only tend to take seriously those identities which your culture says are valid and real. So when some college kid tells you that she's a unicorn, you think that's stupid. Because your culture tells you that people cannot be unicorns.

Who is right? No one. It's all relative.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Undermining of one's identity is never benign. It's a matter of life and death. Which is why conservatives are so triggered by it.

Something as innocent as admitting that a human could legitimately consider herself a unicorn is actually a very troubling thing for the conservative ego-mind. If she could be a unicorn, who am I then?

Right, but an identity better be anchored in some physical reality which correspond to someone's recurring habits and life choices. Being identified as something and not incarnating that experience is unpractical.

I do believe identities can be delusional. My ego had to shred some it loved to be identified with, but were too hard to maintain due to the fact that it wasn't grounded on reality anymore. Beside, we wouldn't freak out every time one of them is threatened, and need for that sophisticated self-deception mechanism to kick in, if all we needed was a meer identification with something to be it.

 


Association with the wise is the root cause for obliterating all misery. -  Tripura Rahasya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Right, but an identity better be anchored in some physical reality which correspond to someone's recurring habits and life choices. Being identified as something and not incarnating that experience is unpractical.

People do this all the time. People walk around pretending to be all sorts of things they are not.

If you take away people's right to pretend to be something they are not, what will they have left??? You might as well be taking away their air and water.

I can tell you this: whatever Trump or Pence believe themselves to be, it's more fantastical than a unicorn. And far more dangerous.

Quote

I do believe identities can be delusional. My ego had to shred some it loved to be identified with, but were too hard to maintain due to the fact that it wasn't grounded on reality anymore. Beside, we wouldn't freak out every time one of them is threatened, and need for that sophisticated self-deception mechanism to kick in, if all we needed was a meer identification with something to be it.

That is still happening in you.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

People do this all the time. People walk around pretending to be all sorts of things they are not.

If you take away people's right to pretend to be something they are not, what will they have left??? You might as well be taking away their air and water.

Nobody can take that right away, this is not what this all is about, anyone can see himself/herself as whatever they want. It's about enforcing this believe onto others.
If I think someone is an asshole, do I have to enforce it onto them and make it lawful for him to be an asshole?

Edited by LaucherJunge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LaucherJunge said:

Nobody can take that right away, this is not what this all is about, anyone can see himself/herself as whatever they want. It's about enforcing this believe onto others.
If I think someone is an asshole, do I have to enforce it onto them and make it lawful for him to be an asshole?

It's more complicated than that. Because conservatives still fundamentally believe that being a man or a woman is "real", "objective", and "scientific" while other identities are not.

The real issue here is how many trans and gay teens end up killing themselves because they get bullied, harassed, and mocked for their sexual identity/preferences.

If conservatives stop mocking and bullying trans and gay people, then there won't be a big issue about pronouns and the like.

See, this is being framed by conservatives as if trans people are oppressing them, when really it's mostly about conservatives who want the freedom to bully trans and gay people.

Yes, government is going to take away your freedom to bully and mock people of different sexual identities. Sorry. You're not gonna win that battle.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

People do this all the time. People walk around pretending to be all sorts of things they are not.

If you take away people's right to pretend to be something they are not, what will they have left??? You might as well be taking away their air and water.

I can tell you this: whatever Trump or Pence believe themselves to be, it's more fantastical than a unicorn. And far more dangerous.

xDxDxD

Alright, you've got a very strong point here.

But let's say, you need some material ammunition for your ego to at least be able to believe in the story. Trump and Pence are both fueling their delusions by cherrypicking whatever reinforce their perception of themselves in their environnement. They are helped and validated in their pretenses by cultural narratives, a lifestyle, an entourage, a community and supporter base which helps support that claim. That's the magical of biais as a self-deception mechanism.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is still happening in you.

Oh yes. It's totally true.

I mean, just the fact that I am not enlightened is the proof that I am identified with a fiction that has no real basis in reality. But aren't identities themselves a fiction from ego by nature? Which would mean that all identities are falsehood, and all what is is God itself.


Association with the wise is the root cause for obliterating all misery. -  Tripura Rahasya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

But let's say, you need some material ammunition for your ego to at least be able to believe in the story. Trump and Pence are both fueling their delusions by cherrypicking whatever reinforce their perception of themselves in their environnement. They are helped and validated in their pretenses by cultural narratives, a lifestyle, an entourage, a community and supporter base which helps support that claim.

YES! That's precisely the function of the culture war they love to wage.

You see, when your whole identity is a socially constructed fiction, you need to fight very hard to make sure your cultural hegemony remains in place, otherwise your whole reality unravels.

The culture war is just a proxy war to save the dying conservative self-identity.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's more complicated than that. Because conservatives still fundamentally believe that being a man or a woman is "real", "objective", and "scientific" while other identities are not.

The real issue here is how many trans and gay teens end up killing themselves because they get bullied, harassed, and mocked for their sexual identity/preferences.

If conservatives stop mocking and bullying trans and gay people, then there won't be a big issue about pronouns and the like.

See, this is being framed by conservatives as if trans people are oppressing them, when really it's mostly about conservatives who want the freedom to bully trans and gay people.

I absolutely agree with you on that. But I just don't see pushing stage blue and orange people forcefully into green as the solution because it results in toxic green indeed. It is fascism and results in more fascism. Canceling and firing everyone who have a different opinion on these things because he might not be as developed yet is a toxic green solution for this, not to mention that these people being fired an canceled even might be stage yellow people who simply speak up against fascism. It's not the inclusive and nurturing healthy green solution which simply lets these people evolve to that point naturally.

Edited by LaucherJunge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LaucherJunge said:

I absolutely agree with you on that. But I just don't see pushing stage blue and orange people forcefully into green as the solution because it results in toxic green indeed. It is fascism and results in more fascism. Canceling and firing everyone who have a different opinion on these things because he might not be as developed yet is a toxic green solution for this, not to mention that these people being fired an canceled even might be stage yellow people who simply speak up against fascism. It's not the inclusive and nurturing healthy green solution which simply lets these people evolve to that point naturally.

You rly need to find a better word fascism dosent fit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Opo
For me it fits perfectly and for like minded people it does as well, but I guess you are right talking to some left leaning people it might offend them, yet I really have the need to point out the seriousness of this, I know for now it might be a little overboard but is it really so hard to think ahead and see where this leads?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LaucherJunge said:

@Opo
For me it fits perfectly and for like minded people it does as well, but I guess you are right talking to some left leaning people it might offend them, yet I really have the need to point out the seriousness of this, I know for now it might be a little overboard but is it really so hard to think ahead and see where this leads?

Lol its not offensive its stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LaucherJunge Maybe tyrannical 

"unjustly cruel, harsh, or severe; arbitrary or oppressive; despotic"

It has the punch and fits in better. 

Oh you are using fascism because someone hurt you feelings with it and now you're trying to do the same. 

Edited by Opo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LaucherJunge said:

Forcible oppression of opposition, how is that not fascism?

So by your logic, in the Civil War, the North was fascist against the South.

And during the Civil Rights movement in the 60's, black people were fascist against white people.

You see, the whole trick with building a good society is that selfish people have to be forcibly restrained or at least shamed from being selfish because a selfish person will not do so of his own recognizance.

Sometimes equality gotta be forced.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.