Kross

What's your worth ?

8 posts in this topic

Why can't I be bothered about building my 'worth' ? What is that which people call 'worth', which everyone around me, friends, parents, teachers and more supposedly smart people keep preaching about and bugging me about ? That I should build my worth in society. Why can't we just enhance ourselves as a piece of life ? Looking at the miracle of creation going on every second, what's your 'worth' in front of it ? They are more interested in their fake vanity than the outrageous fact that they don't know what's going on right at this moment ? At the same time, why does judging them on this criterion give me a sense of superiority, giving me the same thing I'm criticizing and apparently don't like ? 

Edited by Kross

Hehehehe i like this one. You are asking the right kinda questions friend. The very simple fact that no one here has answered this one yet must set you thinking ;).

4 hours ago, Kross said:

Why can't I be bothered about building my 'worth' ?

Because you don't want to be fake, and that's a good thing.

4 hours ago, Kross said:

Looking at the miracle of creation going on every second, what's your 'worth' in front of it ?

Not sure what u mean with this.

4 hours ago, Kross said:

What is that which people call 'worth', which everyone around me, friends, parents, teachers and more supposedly smart people keep preaching about and bugging me about ? That I should build my worth in society.

Approval, recognition,.. Let them babble on. You don't have to build shit. They can only get to you as long as you let them get to you. If you are totally authentic and comfortable with yourself, this will autocorrect itself. They will quickly see that they can't manipulate you.

4 hours ago, Kross said:

They are more interested in their fake vanity than the outrageous fact that they don't know what's going on right at this moment ?

Yes. You can't force them into how you see things tho. 

4 hours ago, Kross said:

At the same time, why does judging them on this criterion give me a sense of superiority, giving me the same thing I'm criticizing and apparently don't like ? 

Ego likes to feel superior to others. It likes to be the one that knows it better. Especially with awakening and enlightenment one can start to feel like they are better than someone else, or feeling "special" above others. You are already aware that you are doing it though, so that's already a big step in the right direction. Just keep looking. Let it go.

Edited by Shiva99

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

17 minutes ago, Shiva99 said:

The very simple fact that no one here has answered this one yet must set you thinking ;).

Talking about yourself in the third person comes off as unbearably pretentious.

Social worth isn't "fake". It has survival value. I'm comfortable enough that I care much more about "the miracle of creation" but not everyone is so lucky.

Having sense of superiority over people who harass you with stuff you don't care about is probably just a defense mechanism and is in any case not the same thing as social worth.

Edited by commie

6 minutes ago, commie said:

Talking about yourself in the third person comes off as unbearably pretentious.

I have no problem with that.

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

Seven belly laughs, Six bitcoins, Five golden rings, Four tear-inducing moments, Three cups of Mocha Java, Two rare Orchids and a partridge in a pear tree. . .  

Of course no one has no problem with that... unbearable, I say.

23 minutes ago, Kross said:

@Forestluv lol what ? 

You asked “what’s your worth”. I stated my approximate worth ?