StarStruck

How to study Sadh guru?

16 posts in this topic

He has a YouTube channel but his videos aren't organized. This question us obviously to people who studied him. Are his programs any good? 

I like his vibe but sometimes it is hard to understand his pronunciation. 

In Tate we trust

I have done 3 of his programs as there is an Isha centre near me. Bhuta Shuddi, Isha Kriya and inner enginnering online and the 2 day completion (shambuvi mahamudra). To do more advanced programs you need to have completed inner enginnering and done Shambhavi Mahamudra for 6 months. I did find the vibe a bit cultish at the centre. He has quite a few books available, I can't comment as I have a few but haven't really opened them. They look like his early talks translated.

He is anti-religion and non dogmatic but very ritualistic from a western POV. He borrows heavily from all the Eastern wisdom traditions and marries it with yogic rituals. I'd have to do his more advanced courses like Bhava Spandana to really have a more quailfied opinion or offer better insight. The courses he offers qualify you for the next 'more spirtitaully advanced ' course on the Isha ladder. His longer talks on youtube at Harvard and Google etc I find have the most nuggets of wisdom.

I did meet a guy who had just enrolled at the Isha institute in India to study as a yoga teacher for 5 months, a quick look says it'd be about $US 14K to do that (food and accomodation included). Best advice I can offer is find the nearest Isha centre and take a course, visit, volunteer etc and see if it spins your wheels.

Edited by Reincarnated Cat
added info

I really resonate with his practices. I am dedicating the next few years to explore his practices seriously.

What I love about them is the notion of preparing the body for higher energy through physical yoga, and balancing/calming the system to do enlightenment work. 

I would recommend that you have a really good sleep schedule/waking up early habit if you want to explore his practices. They can take a long time to complete when you are first learning them, and pretty much all of them require an empty stomach to practice.

i think he is a dangerous man for newbies. his practices are  also dangerous for newbies. But if you are sharp and smooth enough you can learn a lot from him. i made a lot of mistakes when i found him, i watched almost all his inner engineering videos and almost all his yt videos till a time. i practiced his meditations . but after some time it was just too much for me.  And to be honest, i don't think he warns people enough about the dangers of his teachings. 

you letting him guide the way, brings the things that are unwanted also. especially after some meditations i did i was completely shocked and i  wasn't expecting the results. and they altered my system. 

my point is; be extra careful, if you don't trust yourself enough or him don't force his teachings or methods on yourself.

Edited by cnfvm

4 hours ago, Reincarnated Cat said:

I have done 3 of his programs as there is an Isha centre near me. Bhuta Shuddi, Isha Kriya and inner enginnering online and the 2 day completion (shambuvi mahamudra). To do more advanced programs you need to have completed inner enginnering and done Shambhavi Mahamudra for 6 months. I did find the vibe a bit cultish at the centre. He has quite a few books available, I can't comment as I have a few but haven't really opened them. They look like his early talks translated.

He is anti-religion and non dogmatic but very ritualistic from a western POV. He borrows heavily from all the Eastern wisdom traditions and marries it with yogic rituals. I'd have to do his more advanced courses like Bhava Spandana to really have a more quailfied opinion or offer better insight. The courses he offers qualify you for the next 'more spirtitaully advanced ' course on the Isha ladder. His longer talks on youtube at Harvard and Google etc I find have the most nuggets of wisdom.

I did meet a guy who had just enrolled at the Isha institute in India to study as a yoga teacher for 5 months, a quick look says it'd be about $US 14K to do that (food and accomodation included). Best advice I can offer is find the nearest Isha centre and take a course, visit, volunteer etc and see if it spins your wheels.

There are no Isha centers near me. I looked at his online programs and they don't cost a lot. It is priced very respectably. I first thought about buying his books but I don't know if that is a good idea. Kriya yoga I know it can get very technical. 

In Tate we trust

4 hours ago, Mada_ said:

I really resonate with his practices. I am dedicating the next few years to explore his practices seriously.

What I love about them is the notion of preparing the body for higher energy through physical yoga, and balancing/calming the system to do enlightenment work. 

I would recommend that you have a really good sleep schedule/waking up early habit if you want to explore his practices. They can take a long time to complete when you are first learning them, and pretty much all of them require an empty stomach to practice.

lol yeah, the empty stomach not so bad but the no coffee is a struggle. I wake at 5am to complete my morning routine meditation, shambhavi mahamudra etc.

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

There are no Isha centers near me. I looked at his online programs and they don't cost a lot. It is priced very respectably. I first thought about buying his books but I don't know if that is a good idea. Kriya yoga I know it can get very technical. 

Its a decent start to read his stuff and watch his videos and you can volunteer at his big centers for free food and accommodation if you get a real taste for it. Id say you need to do some of his courses in person and at least one advanced course before you know if its for you. Save up, for post covid or maybe theyll start doing some stuff online. The kriya yoga stuff I have learnt isn't difficult but is time consuming if you do all his recommended practices properly. You can start now by going to youtube and searching isha kriya or downloading the isha kriya app.

2 hours ago, cnfvm said:

he is a dangerous man. his practices are also dangerous. But if you are sharp and smooth enough you can learn a lot from him.

One mans piss is another's golden shower ;)

6 hours ago, Mada_ said:

@cnfvm how are his practices dangerous.? 

i edited.

8 hours ago, cnfvm said:

i think he is a dangerous man for newbies. his practices are  also dangerous for newbies. But if you are sharp and smooth enough you can learn a lot from him. i made a lot of mistakes when i found him, i watched almost all his inner engineering videos and almost all his yt videos till a time. i practiced his meditations . but after some time it was just too much for me.  And to be honest, i don't think he warns people enough about the dangers of his teachings. 

you letting him guide the way, brings the things that are unwanted also. especially after some meditations i did i was completely shocked and i  wasn't expecting the results. and they altered my system. 

my point is; be extra careful, if you don't trust yourself enough or him don't force his teachings or methods on yourself.

2 hours ago, cnfvm said:

Can you go into detail about this, what were the unwanted things brought about by this? 
And what exactly were you doing at the moment before the unwanted things? 
thanks

26 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

Can you go into detail about this, what were the unwanted things brought about by this? 
thanks

Sadh guru pushes his life style on his apprentices. 

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Go on a YouTube binge

Rather take his program to get the full picture, I can always watch his youtube videos as supplements.

In Tate we trust

24 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Sadh guru pushes his life style on his apprentices. 

What are some of these things about in his lifestyle? 

1 hour ago, Nak Khid said:

thanks

my english level is just above average, I missed a lot of nuances , made big assumptions and i jumped into action like this. Thats #1 factor. Not gonna talk about experiences, mainly radical shifts in my psyche caused me to lose my balance.

40 minutes ago, cnfvm said:

my english level is just above average, I missed a lot of nuances , made big assumptions and i jumped into action like this. Thats #1 factor. Not gonna talk about experiences, mainly radical shifts in my psyche caused me to lose my balance.

Are you sure it was from the practices? I have done them for over a year and frankly don't see any radical changes. I'm not sure what I am supposed to experience, I was told clear headedness, joy in each moment etc, but certainly nothing amazing happened. I went to a short refresher and people did share their positive  experiences about the changes they saw, so I am not discounting it. I adjusted my diet and slept early to wake early and do his practices, so of course I feel good....better.

Please note I am not saying they don't work or aren't beneficial, I just feel its been a bit of an anti climax thus far. I will update if i do more advanced courses or notice any shift from his practices.

@StarStruck I actually make notes of his advices , not very long though , of course . I have also organised his videos in a private playlist on YouTube .you can also hear to his podcast on spotify... it is same as videos , but more efficient to work with .

"All troubles come to an end when the ego dies"

"God has become man; man will become God again"