Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vercingetorix

Can a men change to become physically attracted to a girl?

27 posts in this topic

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

On 7/9/2020 at 2:04 PM, Vercingetorix said:

To me, it just doesn't seem to work, no matter how much I love her as a person, that I feel a deep connection with her, and can tell her anything, I just don't feel attracted to her even though that she is a pretty girl, she just doesn't do it to me. I feel no passion/romantic love to her (unless drugs or if I wake up in the middle of the night for some reason).

Ime, that is super hard for me to convince myself to be attracted to someone I’m not naturally attracted to. I’ve dated lots of women that we were very good together, yet the attraction wasn’t there and I couldn’t make myself be attracted to her even though I genuinely wanted to. I’ve also been on the flip side. I’ve been attracted to women that were very unhealthy and I wanted to convince myself not to be attracted to them and couldn’t do it.

With that said, the women I’m attracted to today are very different than the woman I was attracted to 10 years ago. So, attraction isn’t necessarily static, it can be dynamic.  Yet, it seems to evolve on it’s own as I evolve. I’ve never been able to make myself attracted to a woman I was I attracted to or make myself be I attracted to a woman I was attracted to.

@Forestluv thanks, it helps to read other's experiences

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

16 hours ago, Forestluv said:

I’ve dated lots of women that we were very good together, yet the attraction wasn’t there and I couldn’t make myself be attracted to her even though I genuinely wanted to. I’ve also been on the flip side. I’ve been attracted to women that were very unhealthy and I wanted to convince myself not to be attracted to them and couldn't do it.

Don't think of a pink elephant! xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Don't think of a pink elephant! xD

Haha. Yes. That’s a good way of looking at what I described. ? ? 

I would not be able to be with a man that I wasn’t attracted to and I’ve never succeeded (I tried it many many years ago) to force myself or to “learn” to find someone attractive that I wasn’t drawn to in the first place and I gave it up pretty quickly. Brutal honesty is the key.