Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coughie

store products and restricted countries

5 posts in this topic

It's been few years since I've got attracted into Actualized.org; ever since, I have changed my life drastically, from developing daily meditation habit and making my life more organized, to embracing new opinions and building much stronger emotional and intellectual foundation for myself;
the problem is, that I can't keep myself blind to paid products that this website offers, and because I live in a restricted country (I live in Iran but its most likely for people in Syria, Iraq, Cuba, poor African countries or Venezuela and possibly china or even North Korea to have same problem that I have) there is not a legit way to buy these products, even if we come up with an indirect way of payment, for example using middlemen or renting remote computers from common countries, we are most likely not going to be able to afford this much money! Like $35.00 is equivalent to 8,050,000 IRR (the currency value is declining every day), which I can print out a good portion of the whole book-list with that! And $249.00 equals to 57270000 IRR which is greater than my yearly salary.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for giveaways or free access to the book list and life purpose course, I'm starting this topic, so we can come up with a solution to help this community grow and become more accessible from any country in the globe, despite restrictions that more powerful countries set to others.

Edited by coughie
grammar issues

Due to the sanctions imposed by the USA, people in Iran and some other countries are unable to access global banks and payment systems like PayPal, and online shops don't ship anything here, even to play online games we should use VPNs; so there is no legal ways to obtain items from overseas by individuals; only merchandised goods which require public demands to be imported.

Here is a thing, i believe you don't really need the paid products. They will not be the limiting factors in your growth journey. There is so much free info available that you have literally decades of material to go through when you combine it with practice. Just beacuse something is paid doesn't mean that the information is revolutionary or better than free material available. It's only about perceived value.

By the way, your English is not bad. If I were you I would look for a virtual assistant position for even 15-30 usd per hour to start with. And get paid in bitcoin or something like that. Or find a wealthy country that did not put any sanctions on you so that you can get paid easily

On 9.07.2020 at 7:54 PM, coughie said:

$249.00 equals to 57270000 IRR

Are you sure the calculations are OK? Google tells me it's 5 times less

13 hours ago, Krzysztof said:

Here is a thing, i believe you don't really need the paid products. They will not be the limiting factors in your growth journey. There is so much free info available that you have literally decades of material to go through when you combine it with practice. Just beacuse something is paid doesn't mean that the information is revolutionary or better than free material available. It's only about perceived value.

By the way, your English is not bad. If I were you I would look for a virtual assistant position for even 15-30 usd per hour to start with. And get paid in bitcoin or something like that. Or find a wealthy country that did not put any sanctions on you so that you can get paid easily

Yes! I absolutely agree, regardless of being more useful or not, having a price tag on something increases temptations to get that thing; what I suggest, is different payment options with different prices according to purchasing power of nations, like how steam works.

or even being the list free for people who participate in making content or being active in forum.

13 hours ago, Krzysztof said:

Are you sure the calculations are OK? Google tells me it's 5 times less

Yes, one Dollar being  42000 IRR is when the IRR price got out of hand and IR government tried to put a limitation on the price which didn't work, if you check this chart: you'll see that the price hasn't changed since last few years; the real price in the market is around five times more (222520 IRR).
Check out this source (translate the page using google translator, under the "dollar" section the price is: "222520" which is probably going to be different when you click, since its changing every second).

And thanks for your idea about being virtual assistant, it seems like a good idea, I'll research to see if it's possible or not.

Edited by coughie