Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nistake

Chew your food properly!

8 posts in this topic

Well, this is pretty self-explanatory and yet so many people just stuff their food in a hurry all the time when it comes to eating and they wonder why they have digestion issues (of course you can have digestion issues for some other reasons too but that's beside the point).

Personally, I always wondered why I had the typical afternoon crash even after a small meal. It turns out that my body needed much more energy for digestion because I didn't chew my food properly. In retrospect, this does make sense. That's why I started to pay attention to it and it looks like chewing thoroughly solved the issue! I haven't had a crash since then. The only downside is that eating my meals takes like 3x times longer. But hey, where's the rush?

Here are some other benefits to it:

1. Absorb More Nutrients and Energy From Your Food

2. Maintain a Healthy Weight

3. Your Food Gets More Exposure to Your Saliva

4. Easier Digestion

5. It’s Good for Your Teeth

6. Less Excess Bacteria Lingering in Your Intestines

7. Enjoy and Taste Your Food

And the last thing: you can even practise your mindfulness skills during eating since you need to pay attention to chewing properly.

Good point! The rule of thumb is, that you want a homogeneous mass in your mouth. Some people count their chewing 20-100 time, but that's really tideous and unnecessary lol

@CVKBT Yeah, you don't need to go overboard with it. If the food in your mouth is completely soft and you can't chew it anymore, then you're good to go. It's so obvious and yet I need to relearn chewing :D

@nistake Kinda sounds ridiculous to relearn chewing, but it's true! I often find myself just swallowing the food half chewed, it can be really hard breaking habits :D

Best part for me is the fruit turning into juice in my mouth..so good hahaha. I never noticed that, before chewing more often!

@nistake thanks dude! Seems really interesting.

All of your life you have been told that God created you. God come now to tell you this:  You are creating God❤️

On 09/07/2020 at 0:43 PM, nistake said:

7. Enjoy and Taste Your Food

This one alone is enough.

There's no point in living life if you're not enjoying your food.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Yep number 7 is the clincher for me. I've always been one to just stuff my face and before I know it, the meal is over - and I don't even remember what it tasted like. It leaves me unsatisfied, and then I end up overeating.

Thanks for sharing man. Sometimes I need a reminder to slow down and actually enjoy my damn food...

-Andy