Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bejapuskas

Podcast with a former cult leader

5 posts in this topic

This looks amazing. I grew up a True Believer and am still recovering from my crash in some ways.

Looks like a really interesting guy too, Gregory Diehl... traveled the world a bunch. Writes about changing yourself through travel and creating authentic brands.

I like him, except I wonder how these people get the money to do this. Looked through and found his linked in. No education... But he lists Nomad Capitalist as a former employer. They basically are consultants to help businesses dodge taxes in offshore accounts. Sketchy to say the least.

I always want these people to be something truly great. But alas find myself skeptical even of those who would constantly question themselves.

@Hank Galaxy Brain  He has nice writing skills and his words seem reasonable, I am sure he is not perfect, idk about that thing with the money, haven't looked into it that much. Would you want to give the money of your business away through taxes? What is your experience with those people who help you do that?

@bejapuskas  Yea he definitely seems worth listening to.

I consider it highly immoral to dodge taxes through offshore accounts. The only people with that option are rich enough to not be paying their fair share of taxes anyway. A way to take from society without giving back or participating in the programs society has elected for themselves. You shouldn't benefit from democracy if you're not going to play by the rules imo. And that's just a job helping people break the rules.