Patrick_9931

How to view life as a journey and not a destination?

10 posts in this topic

Hello actualizers ?

Do you have some tips for how to live more in the journey kind of mindset? 

I have a very hard time to live in the present moment and see life as a journey. I’m very goal oriented.

This make me a little bit anxious about life sometimes , it makes me have fear of making mistakes or fear of wasting time. 

thank you for all the responses :)

Edited by Patrick_9931

If you see life as a journey, that's good. You concentrate on the present moment, not the destination or the final goal.

I have a very hard time to live in the present moment and see life as a journey.

Edited by hyruga

I’ve been struggling with this one myself lately.

Personally, I’ve put some habits into place to accept my life as it is now.

Waking up and going for a walk straight away (no checking of phone etc.) and just enjoying it

Acceptance/gratefulness meditation

Something like gratefulness journaling could also be useful

Also, just letting go more of goals in general. Accepting things more as they are. See if you can let go of the always scheming mind. 

Hope that helps! 

Realizeyourgrowth.com

It's not a journey. It's a dance.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

23 hours ago, Patrick_9931 said:

I’m very goal oriented.

You don't need goals. Goals are from a seperate self that thinks there is something to gain, something "better" out there somewhere in the future.

23 hours ago, Patrick_9931 said:

This make me a little bit anxious about life sometimes , it makes me have fear of making mistakes or fear of wasting time. 

There are no mistakes. There are also no good or bad things to do with your time. Every second you are what you are, and it's perfect. Welcome to the playground. Have fun.

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

Notice that a "destination" does not even really exist. Every present moment brings you to the next present moment.

Life doesn't just "stop" because you reach a set of circumstances or accomplish a goal. You still have to keep going to maintain whatever it is you were after in the first place, thus still on the journey.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Spiritual practices. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x