JayG84

Is there such a thing as 'wasting time'?

16 posts in this topic

There seems to be a variety of perspectives on whether it's possible to make a 'wrong' choice in life. (I know right and wrong are relative) but many people say things like 'You're right where you need to be' or 'Trust that the universe will show you the way' or 'there is no wrong path'. This seems to be the consensus of spirtual teachers, but I just have a hard time seeing it in my life. I feel like I've followed intuition a lot in my life, and I led me down a path that I know is not right for me. (or not the plan for me?) . It does seem to me that life has had a 'one step back, two step forward' kind of flow to it, and all the decisions I've made had lead me to being a more conscious individual that I was 5 years ago. But my 'outer life' has been stagnant for a while now. After 5 years of meditation, self-inquiry, and contemplation, I haven't moved forward at all in building a life that I actually want. I don't even know what I want. I've been learning skills (Music, Filmmaking, Editing, Photography, Computers) all that have nothing to do with the career I have now or the path I'm going down in life in general. I like all these things but don't feel enough of a passion to change my whole life over. I know I want a different life than the one I have now, but I can't follow my intuition, or even know what I'm looking for. I'm sort of spinning my wheels wondering if this is right where I need to be, or is the universe going to give me a sign of what path I should head down next. I feel sort of 'in limbo', and I can't figure it out.

Am I just wasting my time or am I right where I need to be? Is there a plan for me?

nothing is wasted.  You're saying perhaps you didn't move to the 'better' career sooner and wasted all this time. But you have 5 years of meditation under your belt and that's a great accomplishment. The time is now. Your clear mind will help you forward. Make that dream board @Nahm keeps going on about. Or maybe you find out that your career isn't that important and is just a means to pay for what you really want, like traveling, or nice house, or tons of drugs or you know, whatever.  Nothing wasted, all involution. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

It is possible to waste time, more or less, but i dont know how far you are from where you should be.

Love God and love each other and pursue the truth. The purer you get the less you'll be wasting time.

(This is because acting with ill intent is one of the things which holds us back)

Spend your time on what you feel you should, listen to what message the spirit is sending you.

Yes things tend to line up, but one must act with love and wisdom. Sometimes we just mess up.

Keep up with self inquiry, paying attention to ways in which you lack love.

What is your life purpose and passion in life?

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

Am I just wasting my time or am I right where I need to be? Is there a plan for me?

Brother you are not even alive or exist. You are nothing and infinite. Just dreaming any dualities with so called separate sensations, feelings, thoughts, visiuals vs. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@seeking_brilliance @Artsu Thanks for the advice ?

46 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Relatively; yes.

Absolutely; no.

See this was my understanding before I started listening to LOA teachers. Like in the Absolute sense, everything is perfect and God doesn't care what choice I make because God Loves all of it and wants to experience everything. But in a Relative sense, if I choose to quit my job and become homeless, there is no devine power that will stop me from doing that. And on the other hand, if I decide to go for my wildest dreams, there's no guarantee that it'll work out either. There is no 'plan' for me right? So in a sense no LOA either, because either way every decision, it's a flip of a coin, God doesn't care how in lands, it's all good.

47 minutes ago, Elham said:

What is your life purpose and passion in life?

I've been trying to figure that out for 15 years. After high school I didn't know what I wanted to do and I chose to go into a career that my parents approved of 'just cause'. But there's been this nagging feeling all these years that I'm never going to be fulfiled doing what I'm doing, and every year I go through the same pattern of rethinking my life, never being able to come to a conclusion.

I'm interested in Music, Film, Photography, Philosophy, Psychology, Physics, and (of course) Spirituality. These are the things I learn about in my free time. They're strong interests, but I wouldn't call them passions, as in, being able to devote my life to just one, I don't have a 'stand out' talent in any, I just enjoy them. But I do like helping people and I would like to be of service to humanity some how.

31 minutes ago, James123 said:

Brother you are not even alive or exist. You are nothing and infinite. Just dreaming any dualities with so called separate sensations, feelings, thoughts, visiuals vs. 

I know man. It's an incredible gift and I'm grateful to be here in this dream. But at the same time, we're stuck here. ?‍♂️

7 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

I know man. It's an incredible gift and I'm grateful to be here in this dream. But at the same time, we're stuck here. ?‍♂️

You mean you are stuck in infinite? :) 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

4 minutes ago, JayG84 said:

There is no 'plan' for me right? So in a sense no LOA either, because either way every decision, it's a flip of a coin, God doesn't care how in lands, it's all good.

You only 'attract' what you are; now - so to speak.

It could be said that there is a plan. And it could also be said that there is none.

'A divine orchestration' sounds good to me.

10 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

'A divine orchestration' sounds good to me.

I do too, I'm just trying to figure out what notes the maestro wants me to play. 

9 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

You only 'attract' what you are; now - so to speak.

Could you expand on this?

4 hours ago, JayG84 said:

I'm interested in Music, Film, Photography, Philosophy, Psychology, Physics, and (of course) Spirituality. These are the things I learn about in my free time. They're strong interests, but I wouldn't call them passions, as in, being able to devote my life to just one, I don't have a 'stand out' talent in any, I just enjoy them. But I do like helping people and I would like to be of service to humanity some how.

Then this is the problem. You need to figure it out. I had the same problem my entire life. Only after 2 years ago this feeling completely disappeared and it was when I figured out my life purpose. 

You need to find it.

You can only waste time relative to a goal. If you don't have goals then you're not wasting time. If you have any sense of direction, you will feel like something is wrong. What is the thing that is making you feel like you're wasting your time? That's where you should be headed, or at least that's what you should inspect. If it's authentic to you then go right ahead. If it isn't then Idk. The point is that you may be wasting your time unknowingly. You may want money or fame but suppressing or denying that. That suppression usually manifests in the form of an uncomfortable friction within the mind about whether or not you are doing what you should be doing. Maybe you don't like your current lifestyle and you subconsciously want to change it?

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

On 7/8/2020 at 7:00 PM, JayG84 said:

It's not the talent that matters it's the devotion.  The devotion brings out the talent and those with more talent but less devotion are less successful. 
  You can't do all of these things.  Keep your job and then pick one of these other things (randomly if necessary).   When you are not working devote to this thing.   Do this for two months and see where it leads you. 

You may click with this particular thing.  Or in two months you might realize it was one of the other things. You may have to try a few things or the first things may be the thing. 
but the point is you haven't tried the thing until you devote to it , one thing at a time.
No in the beginning you will not be devoting to it 100% you will still have your job.  But you will have greatly narrowed in a good way, clarified what direction you need to go in.   You may make a living form this thing or not.  There have been famous artistic people who have made notable contributions, yet maintaining a day job at the same time. 

It's not the talent that matters it's the devotion.   This is a matter of faith and committing to something for a set period of time 
There is wasting time.  It's when you don't make a choice to try something with commitment. 

Edited by Nak Khid

8 hours ago, JayG84 said:

I do too, I'm just trying to figure out what notes the maestro wants me to play. 

It's a free improv solo - to put it that way ?

Listen to the 'backing track' ?

8 hours ago, JayG84 said:

Could you expand on this?

Meaning; everything you're cultivating now 'from within' is being reflected to you, in real time. From a limited point of view; it happens so fast it can barely be noticed. From The Absolute; it's constant and eternal. ?

Edited by ivankiss

@JayG84

All the time you have everything you need. Anything which happened you wanted it to be like that. Now what?
Meditation, dreamboard for letting go of the beliefs, creating life you really want, consciously.

?

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x