Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DivineSoda

Do these topics take you away from Self-Actualization?

11 posts in this topic

When I read through the topics on this sub-forum, and the debates and the arguments, and the "I'm right, you're just deluded.", etc.. it brings up some questions for me that I think can be healthy to discuss.

Is this all just ego stuff? Are we taking politics/government/social issues a little too seriously? Does spending countless hours debating this stuff enhance your life? Do you feel like you're "winning" or "enlightening" others to your level? Has this become an echo chamber? A circle-jerk as they call it? Is all this focus on spiral dynamics and labeling people this color and that color helpful? Is it racist? Are we too sensitive? Do we over-value safety and security in our societal views? Have we become close-minded in our ideological "open-mindedness"? Do we have a stake in the game? Are we too dependent on our survival? As if we forgot this is all just a dream? Does reading this stuff raise your vibration? Does it make you feel hopeful? Depressed a little? Do enlightened people even go on the Internet as much as we do? Or are they just out life-ing life?

Anyway, these are my questions and thoughts. What do you think? 

Edited by DivineSoda

13 minutes ago, DivineSoda said:

When I read through the topics on this sub-forum, and the debates and the arguments, and the "I'm right, you're just deluded.", etc.. it brings up some questions for me that I think can be healthy to discuss.

Is this all just ego stuff? Are we taking politics/government/social issues a little too seriously? Does spending countless hours debating this stuff enhance your life? Do you feel like you're "winning" or "enlightening" others to your level? Has this become an echo chamber? A circle-jerk as they call it? Is all this focus on spiral dynamics and labeling people this color and that color helpful? Is it racist? Are we too sensitive? Do we over-value safety and security in our societal views? Have we become close-minded in our ideological "open-mindedness"? Do we have a stake in the game? Are we too dependent on our survival? As if we forgot this is all just a dream? Does reading this stuff raise your vibration? Does it make you feel hopeful? Depressed a little? Do enlightened people even go on the Internet as much as we do? Or are they just out life-ing life?

Anyway, these are my questions and thoughts. What do you think? 

Now I come here just to chill and joke around. I used to take this discussion very seriously, but then I became more conscious.

Don't get me wrong, this subforum has aided my expansion like nothing else. It's an incredible opportunity to practice Love, taking other perspectives as part of your own. It has really helped me to get into Stage Yellow, the ability to take on different perspectives and really deeply understand the spiral. It has helped me integrate my nondual awareness with the dualistic world and appreciate the contrast. If you really want to challenge your degree of openmindedness, this subforum is one of the best.

Can this turn into a distraction? Yes. The effect it has on you really depends on how you use it. It's all good and fine to get lost in the technicial nitty-gritties as long as you don't lose sight of the big picture.

Having said that, there is one huge thing that's common between spiritual leadership and government leadership - it's community leadership. If you're really looking to create your own community, create genuine change in society, raise the consciousness of the collective, this is the game in town.

Also, this is a community of very smart people who are good at debating. If you want to gain some intellectual credibility and really have people challenge you, this place is the best.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

52 minutes ago, DivineSoda said:

What do you think? 

I think the questions the mind asks is reflective of that mind space and orientation. 

The answers to the questions above is that it can be. I’ve been in those spaces. 

@Parththakkar12 That sounds like a healthy perspective ?

33 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I think the questions the mind asks is reflective of that mind space and orientation. 

For sure! I'm (partly) in the mind space that reflects all the questions asked. I also believe it's good for everyone to consider these questions from time to time because I know how easy it is to take this stuff too seriously. 

4 minutes ago, DivineSoda said:

I also believe it's good for everyone to consider these questions from time to time because I know how easy it is to take this stuff too seriously. 

I agree. Introspective questions can have a lot of value. 

@DivineSoda Speaking for myself, I've spent a lot of time following & thinking about political/social issues the past few years, well enough to listen to two random people at a bar or restaurant start a conversation about these issues and pretty much know where that convo will end up in 10 minutes time. By this I mean I can pick up on each person's suppositions and premises, listen to the early stages of their convo, and intuit whether they're going to end up agreeing or arguing, and if arguing then where are they gonna get stuck. Spiral dynamics has definitely helped me understand the contours of these conversations. But honestly, this gets to be incredibly boring for me sometimes, like "oh, here we go again!"

Where I'm at now is in really considering whether it's even worth it to engage on these issues, and in trying to set an intention. Do I want to win an argument? try to form a consensus? shut it down? or simply listen to what the other person has to say? I think that unless we are living like a hermit in a cave, it's probably not appropriate for us to be completely uninformed/unengaged on these issues while at the same time I accept that we become pretty 1-dimensional if this is all we think about. Anyways, that's an answer to your question only in the form of some comparatively random thoughts.

Debates still take place with high consciousness, but the views will be from a greater perspective.

4 hours ago, Artsu said:

Debates still take place with high consciousness, but the views will be from a greater perspective.

Hmm, but what about the consciousnesses above even "high consciousness"? Same you feel? 

4 hours ago, DivineSoda said:

Hmm, but what about the consciousnesses above even "high consciousness"? Same you feel? 

I feel like debating would be something you completely get over st a certain point, but could still engage in for a given purpose.

I'm less debate prone than i used to be.

8 hours ago, Artsu said:

I feel like debating would be something you completely get over st a certain point, but could still engage in for a given purpose.

I'm less debate prone than i used to be.

Me too.. I try and remind people online that it's okay if we disagree, and if ever met up in person, we would probably grab a drink together and just be friends. 

Good questions.

On 7/9/2020 at 4:04 AM, DivineSoda said:

Is this all just ego stuff?

Yes. I think the ego is great, and part of the required apparatus for living and being happy as a human. The whole ego-less fully transcended human goal is just an ideal. A worthy ideal, but not a practical one in terms of actually achieving it. Humans will human.

Are we taking politics/government/social issues a little too seriously? Does spending countless hours debating this stuff enhance your life? Do you feel like you're "winning" or "enlightening" others to your level?

Personally I believe there is more to life than self development and becoming enlightened, like just enjoying yourself and having a good time. Otherwise whats the point? Even monks who've taken a vow of silence and decided to spend their lives in a secluded mountain somewhere still indulge in worthless cheap thrills like building mandalas with colored sand. I do not however consider politics/government/social issues cheap thrills. They should be taken seriously. The option you have today of not having to take them seriously is a privilege, don't ever forget that.

Do we have a stake in the game? Are we too dependent on our survival? As if we forgot this is all just a dream?

If it all does not matter, why not paint the toilet walls with shit after taking a dump? After all, its a just a dream. Nothing matters..

Does reading this stuff raise your vibration? Does it make you feel hopeful? Depressed a little?

Yes, it can get depressing. That's life, they'll be up and downs, and even more deeper downs when you take the spiritual or self development path. That's why its called work, not play.

Do enlightened people even go on the Internet as much as we do? Or are they just out life-ing life?

Who are this enlightened people? How can you tell they are enlightened?