Can't wait to read this book.

Jim Carrey is a false preacher. 

Good luck 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

17 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Good luck 

What do you mean by this? I wasn't aware he was preaching. I just see a man that saw through the illusion and now he's having fun with life. Nobody thinks of Jim Carrey as a guru. Or I should hope not. ?

I find the path of self actualization for a professional actor to be intriguing. In spiritual circles, we often discuss how the person is a “character”. That it is merely a story construct that can be transcended. . . Well. . . an actor is literally playing a character. The better they play that character, the better actor they are. The more they believe they are that character, the more believable it is to oneself and observers. There are similarities to “real life”. We play a character and they more we believe the character, the believable it is to oneself and observers. 

I’m particularly interested in method acting. This is a deep form of acting in which the actor literally tries to become that person. For example, an method actor given the role of a homeless many may actually live homeless on the streets for six months. There have been method actors that have gone so deep, they were never able to fully comeback. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a legit awakening.  He appears sincere.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

24 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I find the path of self actualization for a professional actor to be intriguing. In spiritual circles, we often discuss how the person is a “character”. That it is merely a story construct that can be transcended. . . Well. . . an actor is literally playing a character. The better they play that character, the better actor they are. The more they believe they are that character, the more believable it is to oneself and observers. There are similarities to “real life”. We play a character and they more we believe the character, the believable it is to oneself and observers. 

I’m particularly interested in method acting. This is a deep form of acting in which the actor literally tries to become that person. For example, an method actor given the role of a homeless many may actually live homeless on the streets for six months. There have been method actors that have gone so deep, they were never able to fully comeback. 

Exactly. I really resonate with that. I grew up with a very weak sense of identity, and I would watch movies and act in real life the way the characters in the movies did. I really wanted to be an actor and I remember people even commenting that I reminded them of so and so from this or that movie, but I would always ask, who am I really? Which led me to Psychology, Philosophy, and eventually Spirituality.  

I get the impression the Jim Carrey, who also did Method acting for 'Man on the Moon', spent a lifetime of playing character after character and not knowing who he really was, which led him to be the seeker he is today.

When you study acting, they always talk about being present and in the moment. And the best actors have a certain level of authenticity under every 'mask' they put on that I'm starting to think that many of them are "unintentionally enlightened" or just highly "spiritually gifted" beings. It's quite an amazing thing that they can do if you think about it.

Edited by JayG84

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Good luck 

Nah

Still funniest clip on entire YT (which also makes it the best)

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

5 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Nah

Oh man. That's awesome. lol

He almost made her look at herself for a second. ?

10 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Nah

? ? ? Jesus

7 hours ago, Unwiring said:

I don’t know, this could all be purely projection and speculation though.

Exactly. Notice this. Think about it deeper. How is she feeling? How does it make her sense of self feel? How does it effect her whole life construction and survival strategy. He's pretty much telling her that everything she cares about is an illusion. Nobody will want to look at that in themselves and the ego is going to do everything it can to to prevent her from looking inward. She's going to laugh at him, and think he's crazy, and probably feel like she's superior. These are all defense mechanisms. And you're projecting your own ego and uncomforability onto how she feels about the situation too. Look at why you feel this way. Just questioning it will tell you all you need to know.  

Jim is just playing the game here. He sees the meaningless behind everything that everyone is caring about. He's just having fun with it. Toying with the absurdity of it all. Sometimes he's more restrained, but he just felt like being more playful here, that'll all. 

Edited by JayG84

5 hours ago, Pookie said:

So this is what became of Truman after he left the show, eh?

If Carrey ever had a genuine awakening, imagine his awe when he realized what the truman show REALLY was :D

@Unwiring Lol Jim just doesn't care. I don't think he's trying to convert her to spirituality or anything he is just having fun with it by saying it out in the open. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

On 09/07/2020 at 1:43 AM, JayG84 said:

Can't wait to read this book.

I like Jim Carey.

He definitely has some value to share. Since he has inundated experience in embodying the role of fictitious characters he probably has a profound understanding of the ego far more than the average conventional being. Nonetheless, don’t assume him to be a spiritual master, there’s much to be discovered beyond what he speaks. He likely still has far to go but is doing well for an actor. Transcending ego while equally playing the game in Hollywood would be a chore like no other.

Edited by Jacobsrw

The character in the movie realized he's the screen. My upvote for awoke AF :)

On 7/8/2020 at 11:39 AM, Forestluv said:

A russian named Konstantin Stanislavski created it in the late 1800's, early 1900's. Stella Adler and Lee Strasberg learned it from him, lee opened a school on the west coast, Stella opened one on the east and they alone are responsible for method acting being a part of american acting. they began teaching it in the early 1940's. Marlon Brando was the first method actor to be in a movie with streetcar named desire (1951). American acting up until that point didn't have much to do with being in the present moment or getting in touch with the "now" so to speak. 

Getting to the point where you can give your ego fully away to the character takes years of method acting work/training depending on your level of awareness with your own body/mind. its a rough road like any self actualization path. They have their own versions of various psychotherapy. Method acting training communities and circles are very stage green on the SD spectrum. 

Every great american actor since the 1960's has had some degree of method acting exposure. Literally half of the acting community in my own town outright thinks that method acting schools/training cause serious psychological harm. The other half like it to varying degrees.

On 7/8/2020 at 0:02 PM, JayG84 said:

I get the impression the Jim Carrey, who also did Method acting for 'Man on the Moon', spent a lifetime of playing character after character and not knowing who he really was, which led him to be the seeker he is today.

When you study acting, they always talk about being present and in the moment. And the best actors have a certain level of authenticity under every 'mask' they put on that I'm starting to think that many of them are "unintentionally enlightened" or just highly "spiritually gifted" beings. It's quite an amazing thing that they can do if you think about it.

I think Jim is an exception in my humble opinion. 

Most devoted method actors have a heightened awareness of "awareness" in contrast to the average person, especially if they have learned to play a variety of different people and embody different perspectives/characters. It also helps understand, and empathize with others. But I think self actualization for a method actor is pretty rare. Most method acting circles simply teach that what your ego is telling you about the present moment at any given time is the highest and truest meaning of the word "truth". Most if not all method acting circles embody a lot of the negative/unhealthy manifestations of stage green on the SD spec. Self indulgence gets rewarded as a method actor. This can lead to a lot of out of control devilry, a lot of method actors get this self indulgent, difficult to deal with reputation as a result of it, and they get addicted to drugs and alcohol. 

That being said I've met some highly conscious, self actualized actors :) but its rare.