PetarKa

Why The Political Compass is Wrong - YouTube video

5 posts in this topic

His criticism against the mainstream political modules/compasses is true to some extent, but his alternative "dialectical materialism model" is still insufficient and lacks many more historical and psychological aspects of the human condition and human nature  in order for it to explain the different kinds of dialectical progression of history and politics in large.

43 minutes ago, PetarKa said:

It's good to go meta ;)

“To construct a proper model of politics and political ideologies you must root your framework in a solid materialist analysis of the world” what is this dude on about? xD His very notion of materialism is based on the very same abstraction he denounced.

Materialism is conceptual, unlike what he is accounting for in his critique. The “solid objective world” is a mental fabrication projected onto experience. This person has granted the illusions of his own mind over the consciousness which created them.

1 hour ago, PetarKa said:

It's good to go meta ;)

Really really good, thanks for sharing.
Honestly most of the current problems the world is facing is simply due to this fact, people are so deluded thinking these models mirror reality, while it couldn't be further from the truth.
The model he presents may not be perfect but the current popular model is so antiquated that humankind as a whole is starting to suffer greatly from this simple fact.
Where are the "progressives" at praising this video?

@Mr Being What I most enjoyed from this video were the meta-lessons and the way to approach the problem. The fact that he's even asking the question about creating a new political model is in itself progress. I also think his model is still a very limited model, though it has some valuable insights.

@Jacobsrw I also disliked his use of materialism in this case. Though I think the main point he was trying to put across was "People will have those political ideologies which will support their existence, their survival, and more importantly the survival and success of their class". I found this to be illuminating.