SaraLenore

Overcoming fear

6 posts in this topic

Fear, everyone for one thing or an other feel fear

I'm writing here for help but not for myself, a friend ask me to help him about this. He's doing is work already, he's a yoga teacher (all the yoga not just asana) , he go to a very good psychologist but he feel doing more. 

I'm a big fan of psychedelic and I feel he arrive in my life for try them, of course he's totally afraid but ready to try them with me. 

Right now for this virus situation we are in separate countries so I suggest him to do some task I want to propose until we gonna be able to meet. 

He never went to a holiday alone, he's afraid to do everything alone, he found himself also in a bad relationship right now because he can't stay alone. So I was thinking to give him easy task like go out to have a dinner alone or dress in a uncomfortable way and go out like this for one day. 

Task able to bring him out of his comfort zone

Do you have other suggestions, exercise he can try to do? 

Thank you ?

Maybe just going for some simple walks in his city.
On my experience it’s important to take it as an habit to do daily or you are going to lose all the progress. He can just have a walk for 10/15 minutes by his own , just to breath some fresh air and stay with himself without distractions.

Thats helped me a lot, hope it helps him too :) 

Fear cannot be overcome.

Fear is false evidence appearing real. Fear is, according to some guru, not even real. So you just need to either ignore it or just do the things you want.

1 hour ago, hyruga said:

Fear cannot be overcome.

Fear is false evidence appearing real. Fear is, according to some guru, not even real. So you just need to either ignore it or just do the things you want.

Nothing is real if we want to see from this point of view

It's a long process this, one fact it's understand this concept the other is to feel it and relize it

My friend know this and he's working on it

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@SaraLenore

Look at it. See how you’re creating it.

He already working on this, I want to help me in an other way, give him some task for push him out of his comfort zone

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@SaraLenore

Look at it. See how you’re creating it.

5 hours ago, Patrick_9931 said:

Maybe just going for some simple walks in his city.
On my experience it’s important to take it as an habit to do daily or you are going to lose all the progress. He can just have a walk for 10/15 minutes by his own , just to breath some fresh air and stay with himself without distractions.

Thats helped me a lot, hope it helps him too :) 

Thank you