Aratrok

Why are you not vegan Leo?

105 posts in this topic

@DrewNows well yes i guess i spent enough time with astrology to get what i probably am also perceivable as in sense of putting a sign on myself. and that’s probably also why i react the way i react. so maybe you already know what that must inevitably be.

12 minutes ago, remember said:

@DrewNows well yes i guess i spent enough time with astrology to get what i probably am also perceivable as in sense of putting a sign on myself. and that’s probably also why i react the way i react. so maybe you already know what that must inevitably be.

Idk anything lol but I am fairly new to actually diving deep into it 

I feel using astrology as a lens is just too powerful to ignore when discovering / moving into higher dimensions of experience/perception 

very liberating for my path at least at this time :D 

it's flexible and fluctuates on focus/intention

Edited by DrewNows

12 hours ago, Aratrok said:

@Display_Name because i have ego?

Great. See, most vegans are self deceiving hypocrites that will only go as far to make a change as they are comfortable. They’re interested in confirming their self image, not working as hard as they could to make a real impact. Activism is fine, just make sure you’re not actively judging people for being as selfish as you inherently are too. Instead of ACTUALLY changing the world (which requires a lot of resources and influence), they go study some shit like gender studies and get drunk on parties every weekend, all the while crusading against people that are doing, in the grand scale of it, perhaps only 1% less than them.

What we REALLY need is not more vegans, but high taxation on the meat industry, and 100x more investing into healthy lab meat. As soon as it gets cheaper than animal meat, the whole industry gets overturned, and free market handles the rest.

I believe Bill Gates is doing some work here. But it’s not enough yet. Everyone is focused on the wrong problems.

Edited by Display_Name

8 hours ago, Display_Name said:

Great. See, most vegans are self deceiving hypocrites that will only go as far to make a change as they are comfortable.

Does that mean you're vegan? @Display_Name

You have very strong delusional ideas of what people are and do.

Edited by Aratrok

@Aratrok

You know better than to go back and forth with carnists on an online forum. That is deep, deep conditioning and lack of health education you're up against. We know that every human being, being one of the three grate apes can survive on a vegan diet, but even doctors preach against this. So people with health problems have gotten validation from their physicians that they need animal proteins or some random nutrient. (lol)

To break down conditioning you need to have footage of slaughter, physical touch, and compassion. They need to feel safe and reassured because their reality will be changing. I understand they're here so they must be somewhat open minded. But you have to take what people say with a grain of salt. Always. They're not as open minded as they think. 

I've had to see pigs put into a gas chamber and become an activist to fully grasp what I was contributing to. 

The same way we have to do tons of meditation or psychedelics to see what's on the other side, they will need to see animals skinned, boiled and and chopped up while alive to fully grasp what's on the other side.

I always encourage other vegans to get active. Do educational activism where people are viewing this while you have a calm conversation with them. You see reality hit them and then you see the change in their eyes and it's beautiful. (Also a way to pick up vegan women.) 

@Display_Name I have some ptsd and misanthropy from this that I'm actively working on changing. I use to get into online debates and felt so much hate towards humans who I thought were a plague on the earth. I was ignorant and felt helpless. Which is how most vegans feel after seeing truth. So any temperament you see, anger, aggression, etc is from them seeing reality and feeling helpless to do anything about it. 

If you really believe that everyone is you. (And yes, animals are someone) Then you will resonate with the vegan message. 

Truth/Reality: Don't allow your conditioning to protect you from their suffering 
https://www.dominionmovement.com/watch

Philosophy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

I won't argue with you either. You are either ready to accept truth or not.  

"Some people, not me, are a little concerned. Some people, not me, feel you...might be...
demonstrating a failure to show appreciation."
-Russell Bufalino

@JessiChell I wasn't planning on arguing. Originally this post was about Leo not being vegan. I was trying to find out why and maybe could help with that, but some seem to get triggered.

Edited by Aratrok

@Aratrok It's definitely triggering for people. I'd say the most triggering topic there is. Look at how it dismantles the inner work community. 

I see your original intent. I hear you. 

Wish you well, brother. 

"Some people, not me, are a little concerned. Some people, not me, feel you...might be...
demonstrating a failure to show appreciation."
-Russell Bufalino

There's so much misinformation, myths, BS, and confusion here. Clearly many of you haven't done much research into veganism or you wouldn't be saying these things, it's just not true at all.

As for @Leo Gura, this includes you. I respect you and have learned a lot from your videos. But I think this is one of the main blind spots you're missing. I might just be a random on the internet, but if you look into this further I bet you would change your view and go vegan.

I'm not going to bother debating everyone's individual points here. Instead, for anyone who is seriously interested in researching this further, you can go and see for yourself:

• Read The China Study by T. Colin Campbell
  • Look at https://nutritionfacts.org/
  • Watch Dominion/Earthlings/Game Changers
  • Look into the evidence for the environmental impacts
  • Try a proper whole foods plant based diet yourself

If you've done all that and still haven't noticed benefits from a whole foods plant based diet. Pretty much the only reason is because you have some underlying gut issue, such as leaky gut, SIBO, or something else. Going and eating foods that are proven to be super unhealthy (such as meat) to mask your symptoms is not the solution, it's only masking the problem, not to mention leading to other health consequences. The solution is to fix any underlying gut issues you have, whilst going on a whole foods plant based elimination diet tailored to the foods you tolerate well, and that's not hard.

Edited by tesla
gut health info

16 hours ago, JessiChell said:

@Aratrok

You know better than to go back and forth with carnists on an online forum. That is deep, deep conditioning and lack of health education you're up against. We know that every human being, being one of the three grate apes can survive on a vegan diet, but even doctors preach against this. So people with health problems have gotten validation from their physicians that they need animal proteins or some random nutrient. (lol)

To break down conditioning you need to have footage of slaughter, physical touch, and compassion. They need to feel safe and reassured because their reality will be changing. I understand they're here so they must be somewhat open minded. But you have to take what people say with a grain of salt. Always. They're not as open minded as they think. 

I've had to see pigs put into a gas chamber and become an activist to fully grasp what I was contributing to. 

The same way we have to do tons of meditation or psychedelics to see what's on the other side, they will need to see animals skinned, boiled and and chopped up while alive to fully grasp what's on the other side.

I always encourage other vegans to get active. Do educational activism where people are viewing this while you have a calm conversation with them. You see reality hit them and then you see the change in their eyes and it's beautiful. (Also a way to pick up vegan women.) 

@Display_Name I have some ptsd and misanthropy from this that I'm actively working on changing. I use to get into online debates and felt so much hate towards humans who I thought were a plague on the earth. I was ignorant and felt helpless. Which is how most vegans feel after seeing truth. So any temperament you see, anger, aggression, etc is from them seeing reality and feeling helpless to do anything about it. 

If you really believe that everyone is you. (And yes, animals are someone) Then you will resonate with the vegan message. 

Truth/Reality: Don't allow your conditioning to protect you from their suffering 
https://www.dominionmovement.com/watch

Philosophy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

I won't argue with you either. You are either ready to accept truth or not.  

These are such great points. 

Regarding the all is you point, that is key. 

Ramana Maharshi didn’t eat animals for that reason. 

Francis & Rupert Spira don’t for that reason too, spiritual beings have been abiding meat for millennia (Buddha!) 

I actually disagree with my own teachers on this who eat meat, like you say it is decades of conditioning that usually needs a guiding voice to help you see it. 

For example Francis learned about vegetarianism from Jean Klein, and then Rupert from Francis. Most have no idea what goes into this industry. 

And, like you say arguing with fandoms online or offline is pointless, I rarely even mention it to my friends anymore.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

11 hours ago, tesla said:

I'm not going to bother debating everyone's individual points here. Instead, for anyone who is seriously interested in researching this further, you can go and see for yourself:

• Read The China Study by T. Colin Campbell
  • Look at https://nutritionfacts.org/
  • Watch Dominion/Earthlings/Game Changers
  • Look into the evidence for the environmental impacts
  • Try a proper whole foods plant based diet yourself

If you've done all that and still haven't noticed benefits from a whole foods plant based diet. Pretty much the only reason is because you have some underlying gut issue, such as leaky gut, SIBO, or something else. Going and eating foods that are proven to be super unhealthy (such as meat) to mask your symptoms is not the solution, it's only masking the problem, not to mention leading to other health consequences. The solution is to fix any underlying gut issues you have, whilst going on a whole foods plant based elimination diet tailored to the foods you tolerate well, and that's not hard.

... the ultimate vegan starter pack haha. Like a broken record nowadays.

It honestly baffles me that some people think every human being on the planet could eat a vegan diet and everyone would just be super duper healthy.

It seems much more likely that there is a very wide spectrum with regard to metabolic types. Some people do very well on a vegan diet, some people need much more animal protein, some people are in between. 

The point about gut health may have some truth to it, but again, just because someone has a perfectly healthy gut does not imply that they could just eat a vegan diet. Why would anyone assume that? It completely disregards differences in metabolic typing.

Just for the record, I have read the China Study, I have used the nutrition facts website, I have seen the documentaries, I have researched the environmental impacts and I spent 12 months on a vegan diet - 4 years later I am still recovering.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

I usually eat beef or steak 3 times a week. My body just demands it. It is important to listen to your body. If you do, you don't even want unhealthy stuff. I would say I eat a lot of greens too so I'm vegan + meat eater. :D

In Tate we trust

I reckon we need to get energy from the source

If we aren't getting energy from the source, then some people feel better on non vegan foods

But I'm not ever going to eat animals again

On 7/10/2020 at 9:45 PM, Space said:

... the ultimate vegan starter pack haha. Like a broken record nowadays.

It honestly baffles me that some people think every human being on the planet could eat a vegan diet and everyone would just be super duper healthy.

It seems much more likely that there is a very wide spectrum with regard to metabolic types. Some people do very well on a vegan diet, some people need much more animal protein, some people are in between. 

The point about gut health may have some truth to it, but again, just because someone has a perfectly healthy gut does not imply that they could just eat a vegan diet. Why would anyone assume that? It completely disregards differences in metabolic typing.

Just for the record, I have read the China Study, I have used the nutrition facts website, I have seen the documentaries, I have researched the environmental impacts and I spent 12 months on a vegan diet - 4 years later I am still recovering.

Clearly you have overlooked the research or you wouldn't be saying this. For instance, The China Study literally proves that any amount of animal protein causes cancer. Or how Nutrition Facts has sources saying that animal protein induces an inflammatory response. Not to mention how the physiology of humans (such as our teeth and intestinal track length) strongly matches those of herbivores/frugivores. There's tons of other facts in those resources that clearly show what you said isn't true, perhaps you should go back and look at it.

The reason I didn't bother addressing everyone's individual points is simply because a) there's a ton of comments here and I don't have all day, and b) only people who are seriously interested will actually look at the resources I've posted and see for themselves (if someone won't do this, they're really not interested in investigating it so it's a waste of time for me to try and convince them).

Edited by tesla

On 7/7/2020 at 11:08 PM, Aratrok said:

I do not agree that this is everyone's personal choice, just like beating people up isn't.

Those are sentient creatures.

I am a lion, and can confirm this. We are all sentient.

I feel really bad after hunting down and eating a sentient zebra. But whats a lion to do?

@wwhy i feel for you, but thank god we humans aren't lions though.

On 09/07/2020 at 6:48 PM, Aratrok said:

@Display_Name

You have very strong delusional ideas of what people are and do.

I agree ? @Aratrok 

Anyways my 2 cents on what can be done to encourage people to stop eating so much meat. 

Higher levies on meat could reduce climate impacts, help farmers move their production away from meat, encourage healthier diets (a lot of meats are carcinogenic, especially red meat and processed meat) AND improve animal welfare, but they have to be applied on an international level, nothing less will do.

It is after all in humanity's global interest if we want to save the planet from further (irreversible) destruction.

No point say France hiking meat prices if the French are then going to buy cheaper meat from Poland.

Even if the US government raised meat taxes, they still buy most of their meat frozen anyway from places like Thailand, Mexico, etc.

A world-wide "sustainability charge" or "carbon charge" (call it what you will) on meat to cover its environmental damage could raise billions that could be used to fund research and production of other sustainable (lab) meat substitutes for humans, animals and our pets to eat.

A lot of meat is used in public canteens in hospitals, schools, government offices, prisons, etc, so on a national individual level, governments could supporting a carbon tax on high-impact food and lead by example, by removing or at  least reducing unsustainable foods as much as possible. 

Food companies could make plant-based products the default choice, for example at catered events or on flights, and receive a premium from the state?

We really have no choice though, we keep our heads buried in the sand at our own (and our children's) peril.

Here's hoping UNEP, Bill Gates and co. can galvanize themselves to real action to effect radical practical changes on the world stage in our lifetime. We're running out of time. ??

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”― Mahatma Gandhi

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

@LfcCharlie4  do you think eating just fruits and veggies will do good to me after you read this book you talked about? and maybe oats sometimes, even if i dont have the time to read the book and do the cleansing in the book?

Never ending cycle, should make a copy,paste archive! :D

What is more funny is that half of vegans here are trying to convince how  superior their diet is and just can't accept fact that there is such thing as different genes,tolerances. I bet they would try to convince person without legs that he can actually run , he is just doing something wrong.  

Edited by purerogue