Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ivankiss

Supplements?

4 posts in this topic

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Vitamins, calcium, magnesium, iron, omega-3, proteins, creatine, etc.

Is it all complete BS? Or does it actually 'work' ? 

If it does; how (un)healthy is it all for the body? 

Thanks.

Edited by ivankiss

The topic about nutrition is really hard because scientific community have different breakthroughs all the time and some of them contradict each other quite often. 

My take on it: any "organic" food (normal food, I mean) that you buy in the supermarket is not really healthy for you, in fact it is not health at all; some berries and fruits should be avoided at all costs, especially strawberries. I am not even talking about (farm raised) salmon, fish, shrimps or any kind of meat, especially chicken. If you want any nutrient value from your food you basically will have to starve yourself and eat only quinoa and buckwheat, wild rice or grow your own in the yard. 

Bread, be careful with this one. I made a research on gluten, do not kid yourself that if you make your own bread you are safe. Research how they raise wheat nowadays, it is so much genetically modified. O.o It can mess up your whole entire colon tissue and structure. Pretty scary stuff.

milk and dairy avoid at all cost, unless you have a cow. However, some research was done to prove that milk is not healthy for human beings. 

About 2 litres of water every day, absolutely bs, our ancestors did not have chance to drink that much water every day. Plus look at the animals. Have you ever seen a cat or dog drinking so much water? :oWater is great for you, but we have to take into consideration the fact that if you drink too much of it, you are going to have some deficiency with minerals, not good for your kidneys either.

I doubt that corporations that produce vitamins really put something value in the jar, unless it costs you a pretty penny. My vitamins are expensive and I trust the brand. 

Omega! Huge topic  along with turmeric, MCT oil and bunch of other supplements and spices that gain momentum right now xD. They put this freaking turmeric everywhere. It is so funny. xD Everybody forgot that these spices have been with us for centuries. Just some random guy decided to re-brand them again.

I wonder how they produce this omega, from farm raised fish that they feed with crap. 

Nuts and seeds (your omega 6 and 9, btw), I would add a lot of those, but do not binge of them heavily. 

Herbs and grains. 

Imo, I would say there should be a golden middle. Before buying some supplements you will have to read a lot of opinions and do the research.  

I trust essential and regular oils a lot. At least the producer will not have a lot of room to play with those. All other products? well, it is hard to verify or test what it's in the jar.

I eat lots of grains: millet, buckwheat, wild rice, etc. Quinoa is so rich in nutrients. 

Be careful with celery, it is great for you, but check the producer. 

Have you ever heard about Ayurveda? Read about its diet. 

Vitamin D3. It is not a vitamin, but a hormone. It helps a lot with my energy levels. Great supplement. 5000 units in the winder and 2000 units in the summer. I read a research that they fudged the data about D3 deliberately. 

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

On 07/07/2020 at 4:51 PM, ivankiss said:

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Vitamins, calcium, magnesium, iron, omega-3, proteins, creatine, etc.

Is it all complete BS? Or does it actually 'work' ? 

If it does; how (un)healthy is it all for the body? 

Thanks.

Any form of supplement, protein powder, Tablets are bad for health, we should have indulged in taking natural  & herbal products in order to compensate for the deficiency. herbal supplements are safe for anyone to use. These products can pose unexpected risks because many supplements contain active ingredients that have strong effects on the body.

There are supplements that will make you healthier and there are supplements you wanna avoid. Saying that all synthetic supplements are bad for everyone is black and white thinking.

I spent quite a lot of time researching supplements and for most people the most powerful ones are: Magnesium (in the right form), Vitamin D3 and K2, iodine, other vitamins and minerals that will fix your deficiencies, omega 3, creatine, and resveratrol.

I don't see a reason not to take these unless you know you're getting the optimal amount from the diet, which is actually impossible with some compounds. Omega 3 is controversial tho, I might be wrong about that one.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)