Leo Gura

Libertarian Examples Mega-Thread

187 posts in this topic

@louhad

4 minutes ago, louhad said:

@IJB063 honestly, I think you and peter schiff might be a bit too big brained for a fascist hippie cuck like me to get... Big gubbermint is honestly the biggest problem our society is facing(besides china, islam and feminism of course)... I must be too low iq to comprehend it the intricate nuances of the libertarian world view. 

Probably lol

5 minutes ago, louhad said:

fascist hippie cuck

Fascist hippie is an oxymoron, I don’t know about cuck 

you let other guys fuck your girl when you sit an masturbate in the corner?

Whatever

EA6FCDDE-4691-4893-8990-EC96126656EA.gif

Over 2 years old but pretty funny

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

10 hours ago, ItsNick said:

Over 2 years old but pretty funny

That's exactly what it's like arguing with a libertarian.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

In the libertarian video, you said there has never been a libertarian society, actually when Augusto Pinochet took power, anything that wasn't bolted down was privatized.

Chile experienced the worst inflation and recession in its' history, and to this day Chile has one of the highest Gini coefficients (Gini measures inequality, higher gini the more un equal the society is).

Pinochet was most famous/infamous (why are there sick fucks who venerate him?????) for murdering his leftist political opponents by the most savage means and being in power by a U.S. CIA made coup.

Libertarians will deny that a dictator has anything to do with libertarianism. They will just claim: "We oppose all involuntary use of force."

But of course, when a power vacuum is created by dismantling the state, a dictator is exactly what you'll get.

A dictator technically is not libertarian, it's authoritarian. But this just proves the point that a libertarian state cannot exist. It will quickly turn into a monopoly of force.

@VerballyHazardous She would surely be a sex slave right now without government.

Libertarians are more naive than dodo birds.

43 minutes ago, VerballyHazardous said:

I like Carey, her videos are so fun to watch.

Of course the government uses violence as the final resort! What other tool exists that will make people ultimately comply to laws? By asking nicely or assuming they'll just behave LOL?

These same Libertarians criticize violence as if it's some universal malevolent force. Violence is neutral. What we call violence is just the result of the physical universe rearranging some atoms here or there. Whatever justifications you use that is can sometimes be justified and sometimes not is just a selfish perspective.

They'll say it's perfectly moral and great to shoot someone in the head when they break into their house to rob them or rape their family, but when the government does it no matter what the case it can't be justified lol?

I swear these people have never been outside of their house or ever seen what life is like in a third world country.

Spend a week in the DRC as a Libertarian and you'd be fucking BEGGING for a proper democratic government to roll in with their tanks and monopoly of force.

"Rules for thee, but not for me."

Holy christ I can't believe I ever called myself a Libertarian a couple years ago. Forgive me father for I have sinned @Leo Gura

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@VerballyHazardous She would surely be a sex slave right now without government.

Right now.  A post-scarcity utopian society would not have a state, although you must have a monopoly of force to ensure survival until we get to that point.

Edited by AtheisticNonduality

4 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Right now.  A post-scarcity utopian society would not have a state, although you must have a monopoly of force to ensure survival until we get to that point.

And what will prevent a single psychopath from dominating that whole post-scarcity society?

Libertarianism would be valid if the people living within its economic system were omniscient.  It allows the most flexibility, so of course if a libertarian system functioned perfectly it would create an incredibly prosperous and well oiled civilization.  The problem is that it doesn't take into account the fallibility of human behavior to not always make the most rational choice based on all the economic variables.  The whole ideology falls apart at that foundational level.  

It is an ideology that is very appealing to smart young people with mild autism.  I know I was one when I was like 17.  :P

@Heart of Space It might work if we were all loving DMT elves.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Heart of Space It might work if we were all loving DMT elves.

I always knew Dave Rubin and Stephan Molyneux were enlightened interdimensional entities.  

8 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

I always knew Dave Rubin and Stephan Molyneux were enlightened interdimensional entities.  

They were kicked out of DMT-land for souring the party ;)

Just found this:

@Leo Gura PragerU reusing old content to make "new" videos.

yyyyyyEEEP! Stage Orange effort-efficient strategy in action. :P

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just found this:

PragerU always makes my body tighten and cringe like hell

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And what will prevent a single psychopath from dominating that whole post-scarcity society?

A lack of psychopaths due to human development.

8 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

A lack of psychopaths due to human development.

Hahahaha...

Good luck with that one.

Your entire society will collapse with one stray mutated gene.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You entire society will collapse with one stray mutated gene.

That's a weak point of Stage Orange ideologies and models.

They are often so fine-tuned to some particular conditions that they lack resilience. Paradoxically the better something is in that paradigm the easier it breaks when conditions change.