SageModeAustin

Question for leo on water

9 posts in this topic

Leo what’s your thoughts on reverse osmosis filters? Filters that get rid of fluoride acid and all the chemicals that exist in normal stored water. Do you own a good water filter? ($300-2000) or do you just drink normal stored water? 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

You can buy a good RO system for around $500.

I use 5 gallon bottles of RO water, but I don't have an RO system at home (yet).

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

but I don't have an RO system at home (yet).

Definitely install RO to your new home. It's worth it. 

I chose to no longer be a member of this forum.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You can buy a good RO system for around $500.

I use 5 gallon bottles of RO water, but I don't have an RO system at home (yet).

Same! I have 4 of those jugs and I go to an RO place just 10 minutes away and then add pink himilayan salt to remineralize. Apparently according to Paul Chek you should add clay to it too. Does anyone know what type of clay that is?

@Cocolove probably some food clay - or maybe some baked clay pebbles? clay is in most cases used to bind more toxins. zeolite maybe.

if it‘s about filtering more you could also put some leaves of cilantro which you then don’t eat. cilantro is supposed to have some kind of filtering ability for water but also detoxfying ability if you eat it - maybe that’s the reason why some people don’t like its saponin taste. in a carafe of glass it even looks nice and fresh, but then don’t put too much salt.

one part about the filtering is to exchange the filters often enough, can be a problem with bacterial growth if changed not regularly. what i don’t like about that is the waste and recycling problematic. they don’t refill the cartouche but exchange the whole thing.

i‘m just reading bea johnson’s zero waste book - took me long enough since @Zweistein recommended that ages ago. was not ready for it then, it’s really recommendable (she says herself it can always only be an optimization process, but by trying to approach zero you get huge insights about what could yet be improved - which is better than just to reduce. possibilities to improve never stop)

maybe this community refill thing therefore is a better option, they maybe have a different system.

Edited by remember

@Leo Gura ok thanks for the reply.

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@SageModeAustin it makes some sense though if your tap water quality is really bad and you need to cook and clean your foods with that water, so i guess health is always to consider first, it does not make sense to drive with a car to a water refill station constantly if you have to cook and wash veggies with contaminated water. it would make more sense to find solutions for that on a communal ground in sense of filtering the water better where it comes from and exchanging the pipes. as long as this does not work it makes some sense to install one at your home and get the filters exchanged regularly.

Edited by remember
quslityvis

@remember YEAH true

Get an AquaTru RO system because it's portable and works on any countertop or table or whatever. Then you can run the RO water that is around 25TDS through a 20$ Zero Water filter and get it down to 0 TDS. I go a step further and distill that with my MegaHome distiller and then take that distilled water and run it through a Vitalizer Plus machine to make it structured and hexagonal. Lots you can do with water. Best water ever though is deuterium depleted water, it's just expensive.