Raptorsin7

Why Do Some Get It? But Others Dont?

65 posts in this topic

In this video, the speaker talks about how the present moment is perfect just as it is, but the seekers conundrum is that they have certain beliefs preventing realizing of the perfection of the moment so they go on seeking something that can only be found now. According to her there is no problem in actuality, and if only the seeker could stop the seeking and become present then they would realize the beauty, perfection etc of the moment.

Does anyone have any insight into this paradox from the perspective of both the seeker, and one who has realized the truth of this paradox? 

I'm in the position of the seeker, and i just don't understand what she's saying. It seems to me the ONLY place that peace, love etc could be is somewhere other than here because i'm here right now and i don't feel the love and perfection she's speaking about. Does anyone have info (or can point to resources) explaining what exactly i'm doing to block access to the divine. Obviously no one would choose to not notice the perfection of the moment, but the way she speaks about it it's as if it's so obvious and clear that this moment really is perfect.

Any thoughts or insights are appreciated.

What does "stopping seeking" really entail? It entails the cessation of grasping on to anything in particular. However, the problem is that many people can't stop themselves from grasping. If you're in that boat, you have to keep practicing. If you're in the boat of having practiced for years and years, then the problem can arise that you trick yourself into thinking that you'll never be able to stop grasping, but really what you're only grasping on to is the practice itself or the idea of having to practice. Only then does the pointer of "there is nothing to obtain, everything is perfect" make sense.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Reach the end of your seeking as you enter being, where the awareness of existence is greater than the desire to seek or understand it. To understand something it must be separated from you, but are you really separated from it?  

I LOOOOOOVE this girl!!! She speaks directly from source. I watched this video today and it resonates very deeply.

Basically, you don't feel the love and perfection of this moment because you are ACTIVELY inhibiting your connection to Source by identifying with MIND.

The content of your thoughts is completely illusory. 

Stop identifying with them. You aren't a seeker. That would imply that you are seperate from that which you seek. But that which is seek is the end of seeking! That which you seek is to realize that you are NOT a seeker. There is nowhere else to go but here.

Stop following thoughts. You aren't a human being. You are Pure Emptiness. Listen to more of her videos. She explains very clearly.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Different states of consciousness let you access different things and let you percieve different things also. 

Everyone could access god instantaneously, its just that they can't access that state. or they won't let themselves. either way, thats all it is 

Edited by DreamScape

Genesis 27:27-29

Set aside all mental distractions and give your full attention to what's being pointed to here. Don't try to grasp intellectually what's being said,just listen to what's being pointed to. What is being pointed to, is behind the words. The words themselves,if you follow them, are to lead you to what's behind them. The present moment or "now" is a silent,still,emptiness. This emptiness is not what the mind imagines it to be. It is this emptiness, that allows the perfection to be perceived.Hence the paradox, in the emptiness is fullness..

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

2 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Obviously no one would choose to not notice

Obviously you choose not to notice. Not noticing is what we do.

It was a nice video, thanks! But the best parts had no words. I keep being perplexed by people's infatuation with these. In other words, I don't know that you're blocking anything. I wish I could be of more help...

3 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Does anyone have info (or can point to resources) explaining what exactly i'm doing to block access to the divine.

It's not something you're doing consciously, it's that there's still a trained point of attention as "the self" which blocks the free flow of feelings.  Understand what being in "the now" is: it's not feeling joy 24/7, it is feeling all feelings that arise in the moment without censorship, repression.  

This is liberation.

The limited ego-self is like a filter: it allows certain material to pass, and rejects other.

Edited by Haumea2018

It's a function of one's state of consciousness.

You are in the wrong state.

All states happen NOW, but you need the right state. So if you're in the wrong state, NOW won't feel like anything special.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Raptorsin7 Everything occurs now in this moment and the seeker seeks something in the future and by doing that it denies this present moment. Ask yourself what your seeking and what are you running away from. Both can be accessed in the present moment. Stop seeking and stop run away. Just STOP. And let everything collapse into THIS.

Edited by WelcometoReality

4 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

It seems to me the ONLY place that peace, love etc could be is somewhere other than here because i'm here right now and i don't feel the love and perfection she's speaking about.

Let me reiterate again: nobody feels a constant state of euphoria -- regardless of their state of consciousness.

If your beloved dog dies tomorrow, I guarantee you will feel a lot of sadness even if you are fully enlightened.

But you will not feel any suffering due to repressed emotions.  Enlightenment isn't what psychologists call "positive emotions" 24/7.  It is freedom in the midst of a flow of whatever feelings arise.  This is difficult for the ego to grasp, because it is a protection strategy against this very thing.

Edited by Haumea2018

You can think of Consciousness like one of those Transitions Glasses lenses which turns dark when sun shines on it, and turns clear when you go indoors. It's the same lens and it's always NOW, but the question is, is it transparent or opaque? If it's opaque, then you ain't awake, and nothing an awake person says will make sense.

I honestly get more joy from doing spiritual techniques than watching spiritual videos. The meditation, psychedelics, and holo breathing is the fun part. The research and reading is the mundane part. When I meditated today the universe dissolved. Then it came back when I opened my eyes with everything more clear. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

My 2 cents:

Let's say there's a hardcore stage orange CEO sitting in his office. He sees this video and says: Okay, this sounds pretty good. Let me try get into the present moment and see what happens. He gets into the present moment and literally nothing (with lower case n) happens. He just doesn't experience bliss, peace, love, enlightenment, etc. He's confused and doesn't understand what's going on.

Well, he's still strongly identified with his thoughts, emotions and ego unconsciously. There's fear, attachements, confusion and hardcore conditioning beneath the surface. No wonder he can't experience the power of Now.

37 minutes ago, nistake said:

He gets into the present moment and literally nothing (with lower case n) happens. He just doesn't experience bliss, peace, love, enlightenment, etc. He's confused and doesn't understand what's going on.

If all your hypothetical CEO has to go on is a video like this one, he can experience all these words if he wants to because their meaning would be up to him. So this confusion would also be his choice.

I would also hope that he understands that ripping words away from a culture and using them like fetishes is what his marketing department does. I guess that makes me an optimist.

Stop Seeking and Present moment pointings are pretty lame anyway imo. I’d go for “how does it feel to be aware?” “how does it feel to exist?” “where are sensations located?” type pointings.

2 hours ago, nistake said:

Well, he's still strongly identified with his thoughts, emotions and ego unconsciously. There's fear, attachements, confusion and hardcore conditioning beneath the surface. No wonder he can't experience the power of Now.

But there's far more to it than that. Even if he works out his fears, thoughts, emotions, etc. It still won't be good enough.

He needs a radical shift in his state of consciousness. Which is either created through: Intense concentration on the NOW, or taking a chemical.

Either way, chemical changes are happening.

Eternal One. 

LOVE. 

We here get it by some miraculous events, lets define them as such. 

@Leo Gura Question for you, why is it so hard to accept this. When I ever think about this always having difficult times. I really do, don't know how it is for you. 

I feel betreyed by God I do. 

Nobody gets it, there is no present moment, no perfection. She don't get it, she's making a video for you to get it. We don't get it, we're writing to you so you can get it. xD Let go of thoughts and concepts and the need for presence to arise and good feeling arises. Don't believe anyone who says it though or it won't. We're just a bunch of liars. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Leo Gura It just goes so against life and all notions of life you've been holding. Not so simple. 

You literally lose your life in it's entierty for this. I do beleive you know this very well. 

Not having egoic backlashes. Dark nights of MIND are much more serious then all that egoic easy stuff.