AlwaysBeNice

The scam of the washing machine

35 posts in this topic

Haha! I've found something similar with shampoos. For decades I've washed my hair with all kinds of shampoos but my hair got fatty the next day no matter what. I'm allergic so somewhen I got a simple showering hydrating cream from a pharmacy that was way cheaper than anything, like an anti allergic liquid soap and I was told to only use that for cleaning myself. After two weeks of using it as a shampoo every day I realized that my hair then could go on for weeks with staying completely dry (washed with water only). So yeah do shampoos make your hair fatty so you use it every day? :D Also I think it's a better hidrating cream than anything I've seen, any I used the next day my skin would be even dryer than before, but not with this! (it's called something like Unguentum Hydrophilicum Nonionicum)

Edited by Litaken

Lazy, takes me 5 seconds to throw in my shirts, then 5 seconds to throw in underwear.

-

Ohyeah, water washes hair just fin

In general, we'd be better off without a lot of the technologies we have. The technological revolution has been a failure and could cost us the planet.

As everything, it's just corrupted :) People don't advance technology to make your life easier, they do it for their own good :) But that's only one half of the cake luckily. 

19 minutes ago, Litaken said:

As everything, it's just corrupted :) People don't advance technology to make your life easier, they do it for their own good :) But that's only one half of the cake luckily. 

Don't trick yourself into thinking that these things don't make your life easier: they do make it easier, but only marginally so. Then again, lots of small things do add up in the end. It's your choice what you want to spend your money on and what levels of convenience you want to allow for yourself, but also be skeptical of skepticism ;) 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

yeah the other half :) I love technology I'm an engineer as well, and aware of what beliefs are no worries :D

On 6.7.2020 at 6:13 PM, universe said:

Have fun washing your cloth for 15 minutes, while everyone else doesnt spend more than a minute getting it into the machine and out ;) Its not like you have to stand next to the machine for 1-2 hours while it cleans.

Next you are telling me dishwasher is a scam because you found out you can do the dishes on your own.

a tongue ? is enough, maybe you just get a dog.

You can think like this about almost everything around us. 

If you look for a minimalist life that's nice. But if you are just talking about washing machines it's odd!

I think i just had a bruh moment thinking about this topic...

why do we need all sorts of machines?

because those are created to automate the boring and repetitive stuff for us, the more you get smarter, the more you will show willingness to give up your part of daily activities to machines or other people.   

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

3 hours ago, hamedsf said:

why do we need all sorts of machines?

because those are created to automate the boring and repetitive stuff for us, the more you get smarter, the more you will show willingness to give up your part of daily activities to machines or other people.   

Is it boring? Can be fulfilling, and good to feel the body. It's natural to do some bodily activity. 

4 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Is it boring? Can be fulfilling, and good to feel the body. It's natural to do some bodily activity. 

Do you drive a car? Just walk. Can be fulfilling, and good to feel the body. It's natural to do some bodily activity.

Do you own a toilet? Shit in the woods. Only takes a couple of minutes, and you get to walk in nature.

A shower? Take a bath in a lake. Good to feel the body.

Do you own a lawnmower? Use a scythe. Can be fulfilling.

A stove? Light a fire.

A house? Live in a tent.

You're already indulging in tons of conveniences. What is wrong with a washing machine?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Soap does not wash of bacteria coming out of your genitals and ass. You also want to clean the bits of your skin, body secretion, sweat, soap's not gonna do that. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

Soap does not wash of bacteria coming out of your genitals and ass. You also want to clean the bits of your skin, body secretion, sweat, soap's not gonna do that.

Nonsense, warm water and soap will easily clean everything._ i have done so many times, it's mostly through the warm water that rushes through the cloth as you push it through, there's nothing special about a few piss drops or sweat that's hard to clean.

Bad examples given above, no a lot of technology is very useful compared to a wmachine, but use it, what do i care