AlwaysBeNice

The scam of the washing machine

35 posts in this topic

First, I first found out that a 15 minute wash tends to clean just as well as a 2 hour long wash.

When I moved to a studio without a washing machine, I discovered you can just get a bucket with warm water and some some soap, rinse your clothes for 15 seconds and ta da, that should be enough. If you get some stain, scrub with a brush, could be easy, maybe get some anti stain spray if needed.

So no, no washing machine is needed afaik.

Sorry, hope it's not too off topic but falls under life advice, and can perhaps be really helpful. 

oh hell no! ive been lied to my whole life! this is bigger than enlightenment! im in nirvana right now

Dont look at me! Look inside!

What about bed sheets? How big is your bucket?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

What about bed sheets? How big is your bucket?

Fits easily in a normal bucket

4 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Fits easily in a normal bucket

What do you do to remove the soap?

Have fun washing your cloth for 15 minutes, while everyone else doesnt spend more than a minute getting it into the machine and out ;) Its not like you have to stand next to the machine for 1-2 hours while it cleans.

Next you are telling me dishwasher is a scam because you found out you can do the dishes on your own.

Just now, universe said:

Have fun washing your cloth for 15 minutes, while everyone else doesnt spend more than a minute getting it into the machine and out ;) Its not like you have to stand next to the machine for 1-2 hours while it cleans.

Next you are telling me dishwasher is a scam because you found out you can do the dishes on your own

19 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Good one, yeah often you can reuse a plate or give it a quick rinse, also a pan and oil can often be used again, doesn't have to take much time at all while staying clean.

No but really, this takes a minute, and doesn't need to boot up a whole machine and wait, be naturally active a bit.

Washing clothes for 2 hours is almost a norm but it's truly absurd.

And thinking about it even, that we all got a huge expensive machine for it is absurd as well, guess the taboo around being found dirty came in handy for the corps.

@Carl-Richard you can redo the water, or use a shower head, but I use light ecological soap so no need.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Good one, yeah often you can reuse a plate or give it a quick rinse, also a pan and oil can often be used again, doesn't have to take much time at all while staying clean.

You're acting like there is no such thing as a family with 3 kids where the dishes pile up to the ceiling (same with clothes). You also wouldn't want your dinner guests to discover that there is dirt on their plates. Sure, if you live alone, just wash everything manually. You do you :)

I used to wash my clothes myself when growing up, there was no washing machiene in my house, it wasnt common back then. But my mom always complained about body pain after washing big long clothes likes bedsheets. Even i used to get body pain. Now we wash our bedsheets and other dresses in washing machiene. Easy for mind and body 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Yes, wringing out a bed sheet takes a lit strength, easily doable for most people. You get a little pain, so what, total machine based living also and total absence of any such work is more unhealthy and may lead to worse.

why go after the washing machine? the biggest scam is a dryer. you're literally paying money for a machine that does something which will just occur naturally if you aren't so impulsive... most homes in many countries don't even have dryers

4 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

why go after the washing machine? the biggest scam is a dryer. you're literally paying money for a machine that does something which will just occur naturally if you aren't so impulsive... most homes in many countries don't even have dryers

TRUE, except for some houses without good heating in the winter. It makes drying super slow, and it might even make your clothes smelly.

2 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Yes, wringing out a bed sheet takes a lit strength, easily doable for most people. You get a little pain, so what, total machine based living also and total absence of any such work is more unhealthy and may lead to worse.

It's all about convenience. It's not impossible to wash your own clothes, dishes or even live without electricity, but is it worth it?

My washing machine has a speed wash setting just for this reason. Not everything needs to waste tons of water to get clean

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

In the near future washing machines will all be connected to the internet. They won't be too pleased when they find this thread, be careful.

On 7/7/2020 at 2:10 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

My washing machine has a speed wash setting just for this reason. Not everything needs to waste tons of water to get clean

Sure but that speed setting usually only goes down to 15 min, 1 min could be enough.

Talking about washing machine settings on the actualized settings, ye

Oh before you throw the machine away, machine does have have the benefit of not wrinkling the t shirts as much, though that it doesn't tend to look that bad or noticeable otherwise imo, and not sure how much wrinkle a washing machine also creates actually

Edited by AlwaysBeNice