Antor8188

Suffering from derealization

53 posts in this topic

@commie my point is it doesnt specify it.  We use the term mind all the time.  But it does not mean we are saying that matter exists within mind and not vice versa.   But i can see where you see it that way.  Here's why i don't see it that way.  Wikipedia states that it is the philosophical view that YOUR mind is all there is and other external minds do not exist as reality.  It doesn't say that Mind is all that exists.   That would be idealism.   There is a subtle difference

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Just ground yourself in ordinary life, take it easy, and let time pass.

It usually takes a week or two for things to settle down.

@Antor8188 And then its integration time.

You probably had a glimpse may have hit a non-dual state in some capacity.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@commie But it does not mean we are saying that matter exists within mind and not vice versa. But i can see where you see it that way.

I do not. You brought materialism into this, and materialism does see it a certain way.

9 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@commie It doesn't say that Mind is all that exists.

Yes. That is basically what you said however (except for the "subtle difference").

Edited by commie

2 minutes ago, commie said:

I do not. You brought materialism into this, and materialism does see it a certain way.

Yes, that is basically what you said (except for the "subtle difference").

Hence my point - since it doesn't specify a paradigm in today's society sadly we default to materialism.    That's what today's society believes is real.  So much so than most people just mistake materialism as the truth.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Hence my point - since it doesn't specify a paradigm in today's society sadly we default to materialism.

So to go back a few posts, if we really are going to assume materialism because it's the default among an influential minority, why not assume a version of solipsism that actually makes sense in the context of materialism (such as: you're all p-zombies) as well?

14 minutes ago, commie said:

So to go back a few posts, if we really are going to assume materialism because it's the default among an influential minority, why not assume a version of solipsism that actually makes sense in the context of materialism (such as: you're all p-zombies) as well?

Sure go for it.  Like i said its very vague.  :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

The pain of derealization/depersonalization can lead to Solipsism Syndrome, and it just ego backlash. I think Leo has a video on that.

29 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

The pain of derealization/depersonalization can lead to Solipsism Syndrome, and it just ego backlash. I think Leo has a video on that.

Maybe in the video about the dark side of meditation?

I have to watch it again...

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

13 hours ago, commie said:

That would require new physics... whatever for? I don't get it.

That sounds like idealism, the opposite of materialism.

I have no special source. For consensual definitions and interpretations, I would recommend hitting both WP and the SEP.

I don't get any ism anymore they are all bs :D I'm not trying to define soliptism, I'm trying to describe the feeling.

6 hours ago, Litaken said:

I'm trying to describe the feeling.

See, I don't feel that I'm made of matter so I didn't think you were simply talking about feelings. How does that feel, I wonder... can you describe the sensation or something?

23 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Yes, the only thing that distinguishes a mental disorder from enlightenment is that enlightenment is absolutely free of suffering. Suffering is illusory, but takes a lot of self love, (so called inner guru) or the form of outside love (so called outer guru) to stay on track. 

Its free of suffering - yes - but there is also a realization or epiphany.  Or multiple realizations.   But you are spot on when it comes to mental "disorders" gotta put that in quotes because there is absolutely nothing wrong with you other than there is less of the ego than there should be - which allows one to see through the illusion easier.  Problem is most people suffering from mental disorders don't know about spirituality.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

20 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

I tell you what its pure insanity.  When you are detached completely its just pure emptiness.   The backlash is after the ego teturns.  But I'm not sure how this relates to Solipsism.   There is no ego to feel alone and there is no one to identity with Consciousness or God.  When the sense of self does return its fucking glad it has a sense of self - could give a fuck about others.    Let me know the video if you can.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.