VincentArogya

How to Awaken After First Awakening?

11 posts in this topic

Since the first awakening has given us the taste of our true nature, Self Inquiry no longer holds the same effect as it did before. What other techniques could I use to center myself and prevent my mind from saying, "you already know who you are."

Are you conscious of what you are right now? If not, then you don't know. 

If you do know, you wouldn't be asking this question. ;)

26 minutes ago, VincentArogya said:

Since the first awakening has given us the taste of our true nature, Self Inquiry no longer holds the same effect as it did before. What other techniques could I use to center myself and prevent my mind from saying, "you already know who you are."

What was your awakening ?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

2 hours ago, VincentArogya said:

Perhaps inquire “What is already knowing who I am?”

Check out Roger Castillo and Jim Newman and Rupert Spira if you haven't already. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

As per @Forestluv's suggestion to inquire, maybe also try inquiring "to whom or what does this thought arise?"
Is there a sense of "self" or  'I-ness' that is noticed? 
If so, inquire, "In what ,is this sense of I-ness?"

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

3 hours ago, Johnny5 said:

For what it's worth, some resources (see top menu for video, audio and writings):

http://www.selfinquiry.org/

Awesome website. Thanks!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

You already know who you are, but you are only a small part of everything. Expand your scope, see through the eyes of humanity, earth and the cosmos.

@VincentArogya  There comes a point where you just want to sit down and be quiet... and then naturally you will start contemplating stuff again... and the you might get tired and just want to be quiet... and it cycles like that I think.

On 7/5/2020 at 3:25 PM, VincentArogya said:

Who are you then?