StarStruck

Failed philosopher Stefan Molyneux kicked off YouTube

45 posts in this topic

Free market right in your face, buddy. Love how he is acting like he is the middle. Never found this guy sincere. Hopefully he is gone for good.

Probably his ban is more of a salvation than a punishment. He was ebegging for money and bullying his followers for not paying. He simply couldn't get he wasn't providing value. 

He also developed that psychopath look. God knows what is racing through his head. At least he can leave the stage gracefully and he can't blame the state ironically but he can act a victim to save face. 

In Tate we trust

I find him sincere.

I don't see why you must call him a failed philosopher or insincere. You simply have a different worldview than his.

His show was about as successful as you could expect it to be and it seems like he earned his success through hard work on his show. Why begrudge him for that?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Here is what you had to say about Stefan Molyneux when I asked how this guy's work is.

Screenshot_20200706-021758_Chrome.jpg

I chose to no longer be a member of this forum.

2 minutes ago, Zak said:

@Leo Gura Here is what you had to say about Stefan Molyneux when I asked how this guy's work is.

Screenshot_20200706-021758_Chrome.jpg

And? How does this contradict what I said above?

Both are true.

@Zak

Leo shifted a bit to the right. I blame it on the right wing guys on the forum :)

@Leo Gura Yes, now I get it.

Ahh I feel for the guy :|

Wait so which were the recent vids that got him banned?

I just saw the IQ thing with Peterson

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

I got triggered for a second. He is always very mean to other people. It is difficult for me to have sympathy for him. Just some examples:

Also a while back I watched his debate with Peter Joseph and he was extremely rude towards him. 

Since then I stopped following him. Just peaked at his channel once in a while to see him ebegging or bullying or edging on racism. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck

I would like him to have a discussion with Caleb Maupin. Caleb is a soft tanky. He had quite a fight with Vaush in his debate.

Stefan was very civil with Vaush in their debate actually. Stefan can be very nice if he is in the mood. 

Actually Stefan had planned to have a discussion with a lefty professor but he got banned. I would have liked to see that.

I was too uncharitable to call him "a hack". To be more precise, he's just ideologically stuck in a Blue/Orange worldview. That's really my only issue with him.

I don't wish him any personal suffering. I don't see him as a fraud or charlatan. His heart is in the right place, it's just clouded by ideology.

@Moon Yeah I was subscribed to his channel. But not only his recent YouTube videos, he was a controversial figure for a very long time. He was even banned from entering Canada for some amount of time I guess. But actually I found his freedomain calls sort of insightful. I was actually wondering why am I not seeing his videos on my sub list. He indeed was very controversial. 

Guys, the worst that can or may happen would be YouTube taking down Leo's channel for some freaky reason. Who knows. YouTube has become so soft and is strictly bringing changes.

Edited by Zak

7 minutes ago, Zak said:

Guys, the worst that can or may happen would be YouTube taking down Leo's channel for some freaky reason. Who knows. YouTube has become so soft and is strictly bringing changes.

That's the thought I had too- maybe with certain vids :/ and things like the "copyright" issue with the Stage Turquoise vid 

maybe we need a backup of the vids on the Actualized site through another platform? 

Edited by Moon

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

2 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

"The Freedomain internet community which Molyneux leads has been described as a cult, and Molyneux has been described as a cult leader, using cult indoctrination techniques on his followers."

Wow man, this shit seems so thick. Although following his work, never visited his website. (He recently was asking a lot for Patreon donations.) 

8 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

@Leo Gura What do you think of the allegations that Molyneux is a cult leader?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Molyneux

"The Freedomain internet community which Molyneux leads has been described as a cult, and Molyneux has been described as a cult leader, using cult indoctrination techniques on his followers."

He told his followers to ditch their family members and isolate themselves so he would get a better grip on them and milk them for donations. That is definitely a nasty thing to tell your followers. The word cult is just a label. I dont get why people care so much about that. He was just a weird and insincere guy. Just very hypocrite to the core of his personality. His countless weird debates with people show that. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

@Moon

7 minutes ago, Moon said:

maybe we need a backup of the vids on the Actualized site through another platform? 

That would be shitty as hell. If you know about the London Real and the channels censorship issues. He (Brian Rose) once planned to move to Vimeo and even collected money for an independent platform. But you know what. That shit ain't making it. 

14 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

@Leo Gura What do you think of the allegations that Molyneux is a cult leader?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Molyneux

I don't think he's a cult leader.

As I said in my Cult Psychology - Part 2 video, there are many cult-like dynamics in society and online which do not make for a true cult. Although they are still problematic.

People call me a cult leader all the time. It's all too easy to call someone whose worldview you disagree with a cult leader.

Literally lmao ?

This ban will give him more peace than suffering. He needs to do what he is good at and it is not philosophy or politics. 

In Tate we trust

16 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

He told his followers to ditch their family members and isolate themselves so he would get a better grip on them and milk them for donations. That is definitely a nasty thing to tell your followers. The word cult is just a label. I dont get why people care so much about that. He was just a weird and insincere guy. Just very hypocrite to the core of his personality. His countless weird debates with people show that. 

It's reasonable. Otherwise you might go crazy dealing with people who have the opposite value system. People you feel are cruel. Nothing wrong with that.

Did he not have a backup of his data somewhere? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.