Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UDT

Why The Office Is Killing You

10 posts in this topic

You don’t have to do a physically dangerous job to confront a health-destroying, possibly life-threatening, workplace.

You´d think you are comfy and safe in your office space. 

But your body is slowly deteriorating and since I´ve intensely studied this topic, 
I´m shocked to how bad our "Work" has become for us in the last 50 Years. 

The Office is literally killing you. 
For Health Nuts and Office Workers, watch this Video: 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

The office or my boss? Lol jk

Yeah. Corporate life is not a good time. 

@Onemanwolfpac  Haha Yes. The Corporate Machine is not for humans with soul. 

It's really good to have some sort of exercise brakes. I have a friend that they implemented that at her workplace. They would do some basic exercises for 5 minuter every hour and it ended up helping with productivity and health quite significantly. 

@Harmony342

How come Americans and English people seem to hate office jobs?

I have been working in 3 different offices, two of them very large, and I have never met a person who was having a bad day. In American shows everyone is always tired in an office, and they look like they are contemplating suicide. Is it not a big enough dream to do relatively relaxing work in an office?

I used to stretch a lot at the office. At the beginning it was kinda of embarrassing and I knew everyone will label me a weirdo, but i told myself: -''This is the only body I have.''

I would do all kind of stretches, push ups and even asanas. No one ever said nothing.

I have a gym routine 3 times a week after my work in the office. I also get up about every couple hours to stretch and walk - down and up the hallway, restroom, upstairs-downstairs, lunchroom, other departments to say a quick hello to someone, and take a 20 min walk outside during my lunch break. We also have a small gym in the building, but I prefer to go to my LA Fitness one, because I like to see more ppl around exercising, larger variety of equipment, the atmosphere, and the music. 

5 hours ago, datamonster said:

How bad is blue light really in terms of permanent eye damage?

And do blue light filters help prevent it?

Any idea anyone?

Yes, I wear glasses that are screened for blue light. Big difference from when I didn't wear them. My eyes don't get sore and strained anymore like they used to. For those who live in the States, Walmart carries them in their Pharmacy section, but I'm sure you can find them also online and other local stores. I wear them even when I use my cell phone too.

Massages - I have regular massages (full body or just neck-shoulder-back) to help break tension from office job. They do help a lot, actually, and I love how my body feels afterwards. I drink lots of clean water and don't consume anything heavy for lunch, mostly fruit/nuts, or green smoothies. I also try not to engage in too much small talk that is common for office folk. Those tend to drain me. I don't take part in any office drama and don't take anything others do/say petsonally. That lowers the stress levels to a minimum. So overall I have to say my office job experience has been fairly good considering all the things I do mentioned above.

On 23/08/2020 at 11:18 AM, Hello from Russia said:

The episode of destroying the printer is hilarious in that video

Haha Thanks I thought the same, left the whole scene in and got a copyright claim x)