Frenk

From your experiences, is realizing the joy of God worth any amount of suffering?

52 posts in this topic

“There is absolutely nothing in ordinary human experience to compare with the joy of the presence of the Love of God. No sacrifice is too great nor effort too much in order to realize that Presence.” 

— Dr. David Hawkins, The Eye of the I, p. 289

•Excerpt from Franklin Merrell-Wolff book: The Philosophy of Consciousness Without an Object

The most marked affective quality precipitated within the relative consciousness is that of felicity . Joy is realized as a very definite experience . It is of a quality more intense and satisfying than that afforded by any of the experiences or achievements that I have known within the world-field . It is not easy to describe this state of felicity . It is in no sense orgiastic or violent in its nature ; on the contrary it is quite subtle, though highly potent . All world-pleasures are coarse and repellent by contrast . All enjoyment--using this term in the Indian sense--whether of a pleasurable or painful type, I found to be more or less distasteful by contrast . In particular , it is just as completely different from the pleasures experienced through vice as it is possible to imagine . The latter are foiled by a sense of guilt, and this guilt persists long after the pleasure-quality of the vicious experience has passed . The higher felicity seems almost , if not quite , identical with virtue itself . I find myself disposed to agree with Spinoza and say that real felicity is not simply the reward of virtue, but is virtue . One feels that there is nothing more right, or more righteous , for that matter , than to be so harmonized in one ' s consciousness ' as to feel the Joy at all times . It is a dynamic sort of Joy which seems to dissolve such pain as may be in the vicinity of the one who realizes it . This Joy enriches rather than impoverishes others . I doubt that anyone could possibly appreciate the tremendous value of this felicity without directly experiencing it . I felt, and feel, that no cost could be too high as the price of its attainment , and I find that this testimony is repeated over and over again in mystical literature . It seems as though but a brief experience of this Joy would be worth any effort and any amount of suffering which could be packed into a lifetime that might prove necessary for its realization . I understand now why so much of mystical expression is in the form of rhapsody . It requires an active restraint to avoid the over-use of superlatives , especially as one realizes that all superlatives , as they are understood in the ordinary range of experience , are, in fact , understatements . The flowery expressions of the Persian and Indian mystics are not at all over-statements .  

Yes, from my experience, absolutely, of course

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

What worth could suffering really be said to have other than the realization of what it is?  What if you received a gift in the mail today, wrapped in an unrecognizable wrapping. Possibly from a remote country, completely unrecognizable, maybe even from another planet or race. Touching it, and feeling as if it’s maybe even from another time or dimension, perhaps outside of our entire cosmos. A wrapping paper that is barely like ‘paper’ at all, so mysterious that even the implication of what could be inside the wrapping takes your curiosity through a ride of every corner of your mind. A motionless wrapping with an apparent malignant power so hauntingly unseen & yet all pervasive that to refrain from unwrapping it wrenched your body and mind with waking nightmares of fear and horror which piece by piece crush every dream and hope you once held for this life. Just when all is lost and there is nothing left to lose nor live for, when death itself is inconsequential and at worst welcomed...imagine then unwrapping that gift only to remember you sent it...and laughing at how funny you are. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

43 minutes ago, Nahm said:

. Just when all is lost and there is nothing left to lose nor live for, when death itself is inconsequential and at worst welcomed...imagine then unwrapping that gift only to remember you sent it.

You opened the doors of heaven to yourself, with unwrapping the gift :) 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

I imagine two teenagers at an amusement park, running toward the roller coaster ride. They are so excited to experience the immense joy of riding the roller coaster. Then one teenager stops and asks “Is the immense joy of riding the roller coaster worth the suffering of standing in line for 30min.?”. 

This is one way to frame it and within this frame, standing in line would be perceived as suffering. One could stand in line thinking “Look at those other kids on the roller coaster having fun and I have to stand in this stupid line. The line is moving so slowly. We are going to have to wait forever. We might as well leave and ride the lame kiddie turtle ride, there is no line there”. That is one mindset. Another mindset would be one of excitement and anticipation. As one waits in line, they actually feel excitement as they watch the kids on the roller coaster scream in joy. Standing in line isn’t suffering, it is part of the joyful process. 

@Frenk when you say is realizing God worth all the suffering - notice the word "worth"..as if you can put a value on God.  All values exist within God :)

That should answer your question.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

How would I know?

Ferrari as a gift that would be awesome. 

(don't get me started with sneakiness of thought and ideas with blonde that goes on my nerves) 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

The moderators are on fire. :x

2 hours ago, Frenk said:

“There is absolutely nothing in ordinary human experience to compare with the joy of the presence of the Love of God. No sacrifice is too great nor effort too much in order to realize that Presence.” 

From my experience, David Hawkins is on point with this statement. 

Imagine feeling all the joy that you have experienced in your own life all at once.

Now Imagine feeling all the joy of all the people that are currently living all at once.

Now imagine feeling all the joy of all the people who are living, have lived and will be living in the future all at once.

When you experience infinite love for the first time, it feels as if God gathered all the joys of every being, living or dead, and God drowns you in an infinite lake filled with his infinite love. The feeling is so joyful that you can't believe that such thing would even exist. 

When I burst in laughter of ❤️. I am just a kid sometimes. 

Choosing experience is complete childish part. That's why I am so crazy. 

(you are so "childish" wanting dominas, well when you look at it I am mixture of both I guess) 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

.imagine then unwrapping that gift only to remember you sent it...and laughing at how funny you are. 

This reminds me. . . When I was a young kid at school, we created a “time capsule”. The teachers told us to put something in the capsule to send to people in the future. All the kids created something or chose an object and put it into the “time capsule”. We then went outside and buried it into the ground. I remember being fascinated by this and I wanted to put something special in the capsule for future people. A gift to them. Yet I forget what I put in the capsule. . . 

10 minutes ago, Frenk said:

@JosephKnecht holy crap that would be too good to be true

Yeap. Until it happens to you. Then the good is true.

4 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@JosephKnecht I don't beleive you. Can't be possible. 

Well, for you it might feel different. You might experience being dominated by all the dominas that ever existed. :D 

@JosephKnecht Then ain't no desire for this wishmaster. 2 will be fine and could handle that. 

But Infinite Love, Infinite Joy etc I don't beleive that's possible at all. 

Would be cool. 

Just now, zeroISinfinity said:

@JosephKnecht  I don't beleive that's possible at all.  

Its not possible.  It is the collapse of possible and impossible ??

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Its not possible.  It is the collapse of possible and impossible ??

Ok non duality language games. ☺️

Ok I will Die from Laughter. This dream OMFG.