Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Akemrelax

Did Covid19 Leak From a Lab? Bret Weinstein

12 posts in this topic

No clue. I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think it was intentional like a bio weapon. I think stupidity. I am more concerned about the world not being warned regardless of the incompetence but I am preaching to the choir. 

A lab testing COVID-19 is 13km away from the market it apparently started at. And we know China likes to hide things. They probably accidentally let it loose and are trying to cover it up or something.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/the-coronavirus-may-not-have-originated-in-china-says-oxford-professor/

"Traces of COVID-19 have been found in sewage samples from Spain, Italy and Brazil which pre-date its discovery in China. A preprint study, which has not been peer reviewed, claims to have found the presence of SARS-CoV-2 genomes in a Barcelona sewage sample from 12 March 2019."

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/virologists-vigorously-debunk-study-origins-coronavirus/story?id=71097846

"No scientist or group of scientists created this virus in a laboratory. That would require insight into [viral] pathogenesis and protein engineering that does not exist," said Robert Garry, Ph.D., virologist at Tulane University.

Garry explained that much of the genetic material of the virus that caused COVID-19 is similar to that found in viruses sampled from animals, and was unknown to science until after the pandemic, ruling out the possibility the virus was created beforehand in a lab.

The genetic material and genetic changes to the novel coronavirus are "all what you would expect from natural evolution and an animal source," said Amesh Adalja, MD, infectious disease fellow and senior scholar at Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1192756.shtml

"The presence of COVID-19 in Spain's sewage offers a clue on the virus' existence, either in people or animals, before China reported its first COVID-19 patient in December 2019, Chinese experts said, after Spain detected the presence of the novel coronavirus in March last year, and Italy made similar findings. "

1 hour ago, erik8lrl said:

"Traces of COVID-19 have been found in sewage samples from Spain, Italy and Brazil which pre-date its discovery in China. A preprint study, which has not been peer reviewed, claims to have found the presence of SARS-CoV-2 genomes in a Barcelona sewage sample from 12 March 2019."

Thats interesting and i wonder if it has anything to do with Spain, Italy and Brazil being very hard hit by the virus, seemingly randomly. Its not impossible both ways though, im not really an expert so i dont know 

On 7/6/2020 at 5:05 AM, erik8lrl said:

https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/the-coronavirus-may-not-have-originated-in-china-says-oxford-professor/

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/virologists-vigorously-debunk-study-origins-coronavirus/story?id=71097846

"No scientist or group of scientists created this virus in a laboratory. That would require insight into [viral] pathogenesis and protein engineering that does not exist," said Robert Garry, Ph.D., virologist at Tulane University.

Garry explained that much of the genetic material of the virus that caused COVID-19 is similar to that found in viruses sampled from animals, and was unknown to science until after the pandemic, ruling out the possibility the virus was created beforehand in a lab.

The genetic material and genetic changes to the novel coronavirus are "all what you would expect from natural evolution and an animal source," said Amesh Adalja, MD, infectious disease fellow and senior scholar at Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1192756.shtml

"The presence of COVID-19 in Spain's sewage offers a clue on the virus' existence, either in people or animals, before China reported its first COVID-19 patient in December 2019, Chinese experts said, after Spain detected the presence of the novel coronavirus in March last year, and Italy made similar findings. "

Thanks! 

The articles are interesting. Will definitely check out the video.

Whether the virus is a boi-weapon, or from nature, the question remains: Why is the vaccine taking so long?

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

Whether the virus is a boi-weapon, or from nature, the question remains: Why is the vaccine taking so long?

Huh? Vaccines take years to develop. This will probably be the quickest vaccine we've ever developed. That's not the question. 

Side note: Re-watch V for Vendetta and get your mind blow.

1 hour ago, DivineSoda said:

Huh? Vaccines take years to develop. This will probably be the quickest vaccine we've ever developed. That's not the question. 

Side note: Re-watch V for Vendetta and get your mind blow.

I wonder what would have happened if the movie came out say 1 month before the virus outbreak. Oh boy.

I saw this, and he makes a great case that it is extremely likely.

He mentions at one point that current thinking is that the virus spreads indoors, but outdoor activities pose much less of a threat. This is extremely sketchy coming from an outdoor animal.

At first. But then I realized that bats sleep in caves and other enclosures and could translate it then. So that's not nearly as much of a sign of lab interference as I originally thought or is suggested in the video. Assuming that the species in question sleeps in caves/enclosures rather than, say, under a bridge or something.

Other than that, he makes a great point about how difficult it is to (1) make the species jump alone and (2) how insanely difficult it is for a virus to then immediately adapt to be contagious in a new species, along with (3) how much time it would take a virus to adapt to be as contagious as this coronavirus is in a new species. When we have no evidence for a gradual transition; it just seems to have skyrocketed overnight.

@Hank Galaxy Brain

15 hours ago, Hank Galaxy Brain said:

I saw this, and he makes a great case that it is extremely likely.

He mentions at one point that current thinking is that the virus spreads indoors, but outdoor activities pose much less of a threat. This is extremely sketchy coming from an outdoor animal.

At first. But then I realized that bats sleep in caves and other enclosures and could translate it then. So that's not nearly as much of a sign of lab interference as I originally thought or is suggested in the video. Assuming that the species in question sleeps in caves/enclosures rather than, say, under a bridge or something.

Other than that, he makes a great point about how difficult it is to (1) make the species jump alone and (2) how insanely difficult it is for a virus to then immediately adapt to be contagious in a new species, along with (3) how much time it would take a virus to adapt to be as contagious as this coronavirus is in a new species. When we have no evidence for a gradual transition; it just seems to have skyrocketed overnight.

Which is why some people think it came from the bio labs.