actualizing25

Is awakening the same as shooting yourself in the head?

127 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

True. The big problem here is the ego or the idea of someone separated from reality. When that "disappears" there's no right or wrong.

^_^

Yes I don't even like to say it disappears because it's recognized it just never was.

Like the old Indian analogy of the snake and the rope. Although the rope had an apparent ability to cause emotion and effect. It was never a real snake... ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

36 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Peter Ralston book, "The Book of Not Knowing" is pretty good to unveil those thoughts, ideas and concepts. I am reading it, very eye opening.

^_^

I am reading it too now ) 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

4 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

So you're giving God an agenda.

Do you believe the animals are just here for our enjoyment also... or is it for their enjoyment.

I get what you're saying but that would be a tough pill to swallow for someone who just lost their entire family to the Coronavirus or a hurricane.

See when you go into to any inquiry believing you already know the answer it becomes the roadblock oftentimes. Hence why the saying "empty your glass" is so important in these kind of inquiries.

For example maybe there isn't an intention at all and we just place that belief on to god/purpose of life.

The biggest obstacle to Discovery is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge

Joy isn't really an agenda, is it? Is it something you do? Is unconditional love something you do? 

You're like a boy who gets an Easter bunny and won't eat it because he thinks it's mean, he wants to keep it perfect in the box. It was bought for you to enjoy, to eat. The bunny isn't real, it's chocolate. Nothing is lost. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

6 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

Did you exist in 1950? 

Definitely. In a different form tho.  If I didn't always exist how come I exist now? Something doesn't pop out of nothing. Something transforms from some something into another kind of something. Eternal ever - transforming somethingness is what reality is. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Unreal in the sense that if you peer close enough through the Veil of Maya, it can be a recognized there isn't any real substance to this illusion. It can be recognized it's a misidentification with thoughts and contracted energy in the body as the 'Self structure'.

Perhaps there is no distinction between substance and surface?  If you are having a dream what is the substance of the Dream other than the mere appearances that it is?  Reality is made out of reality because reality is all that there is.

Alright I'm digging this stuff and it makes perfect sense lol. 

-Osho

19 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Definitely. In a different form tho.  If I didn't always exist how come I exist now? Something doesn't pop out of nothing. Something transforms from some something into another kind of something. 

You were transformed from what? 

3 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

You were transformed from what? 

Well from the elements of this universe.   Where else do you suggest? 

Obviously I can't say exactly what it was. But I was basically divided into random parts in nature and now all these parts are unified in a solid form (I'm talking about the body here). 

-Osho

5 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

I get what you're saying but that would be a tough pill to swallow for someone who just lost their entire family to the Coronavirus or a hurricane.

Ok. . . Ok. . . The only intention for our existence, joy - except if you just lost your entire family to the Coronavirus or a hurricane. . . So technical. . . 

40 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Joy isn't really an agenda, is it? Is it something you do? Is unconditional love something you do? 

You're like a boy who gets an Easter bunny and won't eat it because he thinks it's mean, he wants to keep it perfect in the box. It was bought for you to enjoy, to eat. The bunny isn't real, it's chocolate. Nothing is lost. 

Im eating the chocolate bunny also.... Hehe sounds funny.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Yes I don't even like to say it disappears because it's recognized it just never was.

Like the old Indian analogy of the snake and the rope. Although the rope had an apparent ability to cause emotion and effect. It was never a real snake... ❤

That's a great analogy. I love it. Very true...

^_^

4 hours ago, Galyna said:

I am reading it too now ) 

Awesome. I began reading it long time ago and I stopped, I didn't want to reading it.

Now I began to read it again  and I am finding new things and more interest in what he says... Not sure why I stopped reading it in the first time. It's so eye opening...

I think I wasn't ready to read it before... I hope I am now.

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

14 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Ok. . . Ok. . . The only intention for our existence, joy - except if you just lost your entire family to the Coronavirus or a hurricane. . . So technical. . . 

I think it's about whatever is being experienced, joy pain fear love hate all of the above. ❤

11 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Im eating the chocolate bunny also.... Hehe sounds funny.

The analogy came up today, thought I'd throw it out there on a whim. xD I told someone on the forum that a while ago and then I opened a free book box and some delinquent had stuck a half eaten Easter bunny in it, and there was a book there titled "You Create It Yourself" 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

5 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

That's a great analogy. I love it. Very true...

^_^

Awesome. I began reading it long time ago and I stopped, I didn't want to reading it.

Now I began to read it again  and I am finding new things and more interest in what he says... Not sure why I stopped reading it in the first time. It's so eye opening...

I think I wasn't ready to read it before... I hope I am now.

:)

I am halfway through, it took him 170 pages to come straight to a point what the self isxD ,which is annoying quite frankly. He is a bit too detail-oriented for me. But hey, I have two more books to go to finish his trilogy...so can not b..ch about it. xD

7 hours ago, Galyna said:

What is it to be so scared about? 

Idk it's just scary. Why is scary scary like why is sugar sweet? Why is yellow yellow? .  Some people have weird phobias for example fear of cats or of water (swimming pool) . Go ask them what's scary about it lol ?‍♂️

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Idk it's just scary. Why is scary scary like why is sugar sweet? Why is yellow yellow? .  Some people have weird phobias for example fear of cats or of water (swimming pool) . Go ask them what's scary about it lol ?‍♂️

I understand what you are talking about. I am scared of flying, for example. :$

What I was trying to tell you is that when you fall asleep you completely forget everything. So even if you are scared that you would never wake up, that fear is prior... while you are awake, right? As soon as you are asleep nothing to worry about. xD the one who was scared has gone. 

Fear is irrational, but still when rooting yourself in the present moment it subsides a bit.Developing space awareness vs subject awareness is our solution. 

6 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Fear is irrational, but still when rooting yourself in the present moment it subsides a bit.Developing space awareness vs subject awareness is our solution. 

Interesting . What is the difference between the two? 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

@Someone here

Space awareness can be developed when you're contemplating the source of consciousness, it is this space inside of you, prior to any thought, feeling, sensation. When the focus of consciousness is turned back to Itself.  

Object awareness is when the content of your consciousness is completely corrupted by the objects or feelings, images or sensations. When you start to explore consciousness instead of form, you realize that your consciousness only appears to be small and limited because you are focusing on  small and limited objects. When you "pull back", it's expending. It is easy to miss because we are highly consumed with our mind and its activity. (Hubby told me today that he was not aware of that space, which is weird to me because I am aware of this space quite often). You do not have to be an enlightened being to see "it", it is quite natural. I guess that is why so many people talk about the benefits of meditation. Because it teaches you how to rest in your awareness. 

Edited by Galyna

30 minutes ago, Galyna said:

I am halfway through, it took him 170 pages to come straight to a point what the self isxD ,which is annoying quite frankly. He is a bit too detail-oriented for me. But hey, I have two more books to go to finish his trilogy...so can not b..ch about it. xD

Probably that was my problem too! Right now is getting interesting. Im reading page 247, he talks about how we create feelings.

I never thought about that... I am investigating that because "my" feelings are getting out of control Lol...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

"my" feelings are getting out of control

You are not alone....xD

I am on 186 right now. So you are my book buddy, I guess. xD

Sommie (@Someone here), is going to b..ch at me right now that I am derailing the thread again....xD so we need to stay on topic. No Ralston anymore. Sorry about it. O.o

P.S.I hope you are proud of me, Sommie. xDxDxD

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Perhaps there is no distinction between substance and surface?  If you are having a dream what is the substance of the Dream other than the mere appearances that it is?  Reality is made out of reality because reality is all that there is.

Alright I'm digging this stuff and it makes perfect sense lol. 

Yep pregnant nothingness empty and full....so crazy!!