actualizing25

Is awakening the same as shooting yourself in the head?

127 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, dimitri said:

giphy (2).gif

xD

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

20 minutes ago, Galyna said:

xD

Yeah, it's whether solipsism or something like comparing Buddha and a serial killer :D 

DismalHardIsabellinewheatear-size_restricted.gif

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@zeroISinfinity it is going to vanish inevitably. So why not be happy while waiting for the last light? .  Like a man who visits  a luxurious hotel.. To spend one day.. All kinds of luxury are available for him.. and instead of enjoying the brief moments that he  will live there he is worrying about the inevitable ending of his experience.  

• I do not worry. Actually that's my greatest desire. End of all dreams. 

Nope!  In the delusion of your illusory escapism this might be the case.  

• I just want Home nothing I really shouldn't be allwed to continue. (cheating) 

Nothing to do with escapism. Just want home. Who cares about life or dreams. Actually don't need both. 

So yes high death drive. Also don't forget my initial conditions of this life and conditioning and everything else makes my "person" much more into seeking death then chasing life. 

11 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

11 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

I do not worry. Actually that's my greatest desire. End of all dreams

Kinda weird.  It's not as cool as you think it is unless you are going through a hell of a life bro. In which case maybe you should visit a therapist. 

Also.. The idea of going to sleep and never waking up again scares the shit out of me.  But I guess everyone is different.   But I hate to break it you.. Non-existence is Impossible.. Simply because existence exists.. Therfore non-existence doesn't exist and that's that.  You will exist forever (I should say probably to keep it real tho) in one way or another. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Yes it is but that was my greatest desire as this guy. It really was. 

When you live from  Permanent samadhi state  it becomes crystal clear that you actually do not need any of this. You literally die. You are already dead. You feel as God and everything that comes with it. Actually. 

So as this guy who wanted death more then anything what's left? 

Mahasamadhi nothing else.

That's 100% honesty. 

I really can't continue this. Wish I can. Very difficult stuff. Yes I do not appreciate "what I've became" one bit. Just don't like it at all and most Likely never will. 

35 minutes ago, dimitri said:

Yeah, it's whether solipsism or something like comparing Buddha and a serial killer :D 

DismalHardIsabellinewheatear-size_restricted.gif

"I am done, ask me anything" is pretty popular too xD

24 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Non-existence is Impossible.. Simply because existence exists.

Did you exist in 1950? 

35 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The idea of going to sleep and never waking up again scares the shit out of me. 

What is it to be so scared about? You do it every night, falling asleep and forgetting yourself, no guarantees that you will wake up. 

It is scary for the ego, as soon as you forget yourself and your" little drama", you're gone....you die every night. 

I always wake up with this feeling of being amazed how this reality pops up in front of you every morning, and just for about a sec or two, before being really awake I never remember myself. It takes a second to remember, for the memory to return back.  This fascinates me. :x

Edited by Galyna

2 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Life is complete delusion

No 

Life is completely and totally real 

"illusion" is just the inaccuracy  of thought

I do not appreciate "what I've became" one bit. Just don't like it at all and most Likely never will. 

become something you like

forget if it's real or illusion,

forget what death is or isn't 

don't bother with these head trips and abstract discussions 

Right before you go to sleep when you are drowsy write this down 40 times and say it out loud at the same time
"Can I become something I like? I am becoming something I like" 

This is not magic. It's self hypnosis.  If you do this for several days it will start to change how you feel about life and 
It will effect your behavior positively.

In the beginning as you are doing it thoughts will cross your mind
"this is bullshit, this is self brainwashing, it's repetitious and boring, it's just stupid" 

That is fine. That is the conscious mind wanting to stick to depressive thought patterns.  
The negative thoughts are familiar.   The positive thoughts are new and scary.
You were "brainwashed" by past thought patterns.   They are like tape loops playing in the background.
Some are not audible to the conscious mind but are a great influence.  
This is a way to un-do that

The unconscious mind eventually responds to the repetition, the  writing and saying aloud each enhance this. 
You don't have to believe it in the beginning just do your 40. 
Do it as an experiment It's only several minutes as you are about to sleep. Yet these several minutes can revolutionize your life

In four days you will start becoming something you like. 

This is change and it will be real and beautiful 

Edited by Nak Khid

On 7/4/2020 at 6:50 PM, actualizing25 said:

So is the "state"(dont have a better word for it) after someone shoots himself in the head and dies the same  as right after an awakening experience? In both cases the ego dies and merges into infinite consciousness and one becomes God. So it would be logical to assume that after both events you will have the same consequence. So awakening is literally the same thing as death/suicide.

Only one way to find out, just dont forget to fill out a trip report afterward lol.

Grace

17 hours ago, mandyjw said:

We misunderstand the only intention for our existence. Joy. 

So you're giving God an agenda.

Do you believe the animals are just here for our enjoyment also... or is it for their enjoyment.

I get what you're saying but that would be a tough pill to swallow for someone who just lost their entire family to the Coronavirus or a hurricane.

See when you go into to any inquiry believing you already know the answer it becomes the roadblock oftentimes. Hence why the saying "empty your glass" is so important in these kind of inquiries.

For example maybe there isn't an intention at all and we just place that belief on to god/purpose of life.

The biggest obstacle to Discovery is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

Kinda weird.  It's not as cool as you think it is unless you are going through a hell of a life bro. In which case maybe you should visit a therapist. 

Also.. The idea of going to sleep and never waking up again scares the shit out of me.  But I guess everyone is different.   But I hate to break it you.. Non-existence is Impossible.. Simply because existence exists.. Therfore non-existence doesn't exist and that's that.  You will exist forever (I should say probably to keep it real tho) in one way or another. 

Sometimes I get the feeling that you're so adamant about this position because your Forum name is "someone here"

It's real and it's unreal...

real in the sense that it appears that there is a separate individual inside the body which believes life has meaning purpose and value and its biggest problem is death.

Unreal in the sense that if you peer close enough through the Veil of Maya, it can be a recognized there isn't any real substance to this illusion. It can be recognized it's a misidentification with thoughts and contracted energy in the body as the 'Self structure'.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, Galyna said:

"I am done, ask me anything" is pretty popular too xD

Well done or medium rare?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

15 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

there is a separate individual inside the body which believes life has meaning purpose and value

Peter Ralston book, "The Book of Not Knowing" is pretty good to unveil those thoughts, ideas and concepts. I am reading it, very eye opening.

^_^

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

On 7/4/2020 at 6:50 PM, actualizing25 said:

So is the "state"(dont have a better word for it) after someone shoots himself in the head and dies the same  as right after an awakening experience? In both cases the ego dies and merges into infinite consciousness and one becomes God. So it would be logical to assume that after both events you will have the same consequence. So awakening is literally the same thing as death/suicide.

Upon awakening, the entirety of life lived thus far is revealed to have always been absolute perfection, quite literally made of guidance every single step of the way. You are made new, in love, peace, understanding, and purpose. Prior to awakening, this is not imaginable, thinkable, conceivable, or believable. Every frustrating incident, every indecision, every moment of suffering, every apparent short coming...which all appeared to be so convincingly worthy of tension, anger, judgement, contention, spite, resentment, hatred, arguing, debating, fighting, and unfortunately even going to war...in what can only be pointed to as divinity, or perhaps grace, or unconditional love...without any causation, any happening, and without any mechanics or explanation at all - is wholly recontextualized as you, as your own perfect love self. Always having been perfect, is now perfect, and always will be perfect. The odds, chances, or even possibility of you being anything other than absolute perfect love, are known unequivocally to be nonexistent.

But the experience, the appearance, the creation... the fact that it magically continues - that you somehow just get to experience this place, these tastes, these sounds, these animals, these plants, trees and flowers, these pursuits & interests, these beautiful places, these brilliant innocent faces... this can only be pointed to as miracle. It is astounding & dumbfounding that it could ever have been missed or taken to be otherwise. 

In ‘dying’, as you say, there is indeed absolute perfection. There is no suffering. There is infinite unconditional love & perfect peace. What was done or not done in life has nothing to do with this. 

However, you’re back at square one in terms of your ineffable creation, your adventure, your realizing the miracle of life. No hero’s journey. No best of both worlds. No glory. No heavenly marvel. No dedication, no perseverance, no triumph. No supernatural, no mystical unexplainably ordinarily appearing place.

Revealing to yourself you are the love, the existence, which is the game...the pinnacle of infinity, the absolute greatest of eternal potentiality, the sum total of bottomless love & perfection made manifest of all possible possibilities  - is only fun, while still playing in the game. Finally finding your keys is only worthwhile, when there are endless places you can go. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

Peter Ralston book, "The Book of Not Knowing" is pretty good to unveil those thoughts, ideas and concepts. I am reading it, very eye opening.

^_^

yes that's a good book...❤

Basically we lay down our agenda on top of reality and then operate from that position.

If things go according to 'my' agenda its good.

If they're not in alignment with 'my' agenda they're bad.

17 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

yes that's a good book...❤

Basically we lay down our agenda on top of reality and then operate from that position.

If things go according to 'my' agenda its good.

If they're not in alignment with 'my' agenda they're bad.

True. The big problem here is the ego or the idea of someone separated from reality. When that "disappears" there's no right or wrong.

^_^

@Nahm Awesome!

^_^

5 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

@VeganAwake hey welcome back :)

Hey my friend ❤