cn03

Why Yellow Is "Tier 2"

29 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, cn03 said:

But Yellow is always attached to models and using language to somehow understand the world.

That is a dynamic of Orange trying to skip Green into Yellow, which is very common.

A well-integrated Yellow is not limited to modeling and language to understand the world. Integrated Yellow has integrated Green, which means they can also use things like empathy and intuition in understanding the world. 

It would be like saying a carpenter is always attached to using drills and screwdrivers to do his job. A well-rounded carpenter knows how to use drills and screwdrivers, yet they can also use hammers, saws, pliers etc. 

2 hours ago, Forestluv said:

That is a dynamic of Orange trying to skip Green into Yellow, which is very common.

A well-integrated Yellow is not limited to modeling and language to understand the world. Integrated Yellow has integrated Green, which means they can also use things like empathy and intuition in understanding the world. 

It would be like saying a carpenter is always attached to using drills and screwdrivers to do his job. A well-rounded carpenter knows how to use drills and screwdrivers, yet they can also use hammers, saws, pliers etc. 

Yesss:D

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Yellow is the first stage that truly recognizes the value of lower stages.  Green e.g. wants to deconstruct Blue and Orange (see this forum for constant criticism and downright contempt for these two) and in the process enables Red to run amok, generating chaos and unlivable societies.  The expression "I'm not Christian, but they need Jesus" perfectly illustrates Yellow.  

There's a real cognitive dissonance for anyone who is Green and actually studies the SD model: it is a Tier Two construct.  Green cannot recognize hierarchies of evolution; it thinks you can magically "hug Red into Green." Well, no, you can't actually, and this is the main reason why the world is moving to Yellow as the leading edge.  The current chaos is showing that the Green emperor has no clothes.

On 5.7.2020 at 4:24 PM, Carl-Richard said:

But to use what you're saying here as an argument against Yellow wouldn't make sense, because what you're sharing is actually a Yellow insight 

That's kind of true.

On 5.7.2020 at 4:44 PM, ajasatya said:

Yellow is tier 2 because it's the first meta stage. There is a huge leap of dis-identification and deconstruction from Green to Yellow, much bigger than any leap previously done. This leap, differently from the previous ones, is not about finding the "new correct ideology". It's about realizing the realms of ideologies altogether.

Tapping into Turquoise and even some "Coral" now, it seems like each leap from one stage to the next becomes bigger and is fundamentally significant. If every stage was about to develop their own model similar to Spiral Dynamics, all of them would put their own stage at that "Tier 2" kind of spot. It's just the way paradigms work. And all stages are paradigms, even Coral+ if you will. Just perspectives that are metaphysically equally as true/false.

On 5.7.2020 at 5:50 PM, Forestluv said:

That's a good point, but I mean a more subtle limitation. I mean labelling all sorts of things, which leads to not seeing universal principles and the obvious in front of their eyes. They might get so stuck in complete confusion that Turquoise emerges instantaneously at some point, because they figured out that there's nothing really to understand that way.

Edited by cn03
spelling

@dflores321 I know where you're coming from, that's why I made this post in the first place. Please look into my earlier replies, I am not going to explain myself again.

I think green should be tier 2.

If you look at how SD correlates with other models, typically orange is placed at the top of the first stage, and turquoise at the top of the second stage. Coral and above is like unknown territory.

On 7/4/2020 at 0:51 PM, cn03 said:

that somehow changed everything. Green, Orange, Blue etc. do the exact same thing.

No they don't.

Green, Orange, and Blue are not aware of the value and function of the lower stages. Yellow is.

The Tier 1 stages are reactive and unaware that people are at various stages of development.

Yellow is self-aware in a way that no previous stage is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's still relative to start at 1 instead of tier 2. This is the problem with using language at all to describe anything that could or couldn't be relatively understood as a social construct. Because all language can only resolve into a personal reflection of his social understanding/awareness of knowledge. So, from a stage well beyond yellow, it would seem quite trivial semantically to deem yellow as significantly different than the previous stages.