Max_V

A call to action in the gaming/twitch community after Reckful's suicide

38 posts in this topic

Healthygamer has been one of the few blessings of 2020. They have helped so many Twitch-streamers with their mental health. Teaching meditation, yogic and pyschological theory, and overal helping raise people's consciousness.

This stream after recent events has brought me to tears many times. Byron 'Reckful' Bernstein was one of the people that helped me a lot in getting through dark times in my teens. The guy was so kind and open. It's so sad to see him be consumed by his darkness and on July 2nd end up taking his life.

I hope this can help some people

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Rip

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

RIP Byron. Dr. K's success on Twitch and in life almost seems like it could've been orchestrated by God, and this unfortunate event is only adding to that fact. It will be interesting to see how he makes it in the future.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

R.I.P Reckful

https://aapo.blog/

my personal website-actualized since 2015-just waiting for the day-we have the first guys on the forum

born on 2015 :P

@Carl-Richard It is. I had this strong intuition about somebody like this coming along. It needed to happen. Whether it was me, him, or someone else. I'm so glad that he is able to help the community I love so much.

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

What makes this high consciousness material? The ultimate function of depression isn't even discussed in the video, only some relative thinking patterns and some contexts related to it. Sad to hear a streamer suicided himself though, but there's more of an involved process that comes with suicide than simply reducing depression as the sole factor. I think this is better at the serious emotions section than here.

Either way, due respect.

It doesn't get anymore real than looking at a corpse.

And with that corpse, a story of a life lived and broken hearts left behind.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Danioover9000 Did you watch the entire thing? 

Holy shit it got inspiring and jawdropping near the middle and end. Doesn't have to be existentially explanatory in order to have the effect of increasing consciousness. For people with depression, this can help a lot

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V

5 hours ago, Max_V said:

@Danioover9000 Did you watch the entire thing? 

Holy shit it got inspiring and jawdropping near the middle and end. Doesn't have to be existentially explanatory in order to have the effect of increasing consciousness. For people with depression, this can help a lot

Which is why it is better in the serious emotional problems sub-forum. It's there that there is a higher probability of a depressed person going through serious mental and emotional problems that can view it, but a lower probability of that type of person being here. In this sub-forum, you are expected to share very high consciousness material here, material that is at stage yellow to turquoise. Depending on what moral, cognitive development and at what stage your worldview and you are as an ego at, the value is highly relative,  

13 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Max_V

In this sub-forum, you are expected to share very high consciousness material here, material that is at stage yellow to turquoise. Depending on what moral, cognitive development and at what stage your worldview and you are as an ego at, the value is highly relative,  

Dr. K is stage turquoise and a tier 2 thinker. The reason he started streaming on Twitch is to spread consciousness to as many people as possible. He is not a typical psychiatrist, and his methods resemble that of an intuitive spiritual facilitator.

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Dr. K is stage turquoise and a tier 2 thinker.

Not quite there yet. Mostly at stage yellow, with some elements of stages turquoise and green. He's able to do therapy with his niche being gamers and streamers, but he is not radical enough to expose his clients to stage turquoise materials, in fact, his methods are mostly from stage orange psychotherapy with some elements of stage green thinking, but he is able to elevate partially to stage green clients.

2 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Carl-Richard

Not quite there yet. Mostly at stage yellow, with some elements of stages turquoise and green. He's able to do therapy with his niche being gamers and streamers, but he is not radical enough to expose his clients to stage turquoise materials, in fact, his methods are mostly from stage orange psychotherapy with some elements of stage green thinking, but he is able to elevate partially to stage green clients.

What if that is because he is a spiral wizard? If you're pushing spirituality on people that don't resonate with it, then you're an ideologue. He studied to become a monk for God's sake. He has explicitly stated the idea behind his mission: he realized that elevating consciousness on a global level is just as important if not more than working with individuals one-to-one. How does that differ from Leo's mission?

@Danioover9000 I don't think so. If you have followed his stuff from the start, you notice him sharing kriya yoga techniques and specified meditation techniques that are not too far out of the comfortzone of the listener, but might have radical effect. Can you expect mostly stage orange people to be open and ready for deep metaphysical and spiritual topics? Mostly, no. It is best to meet people where they are, and give them teachings that have a good balance between radicality and inside comfortzone. If you have watched his content closely, you can notice he hides his 'power-level'. Guy was a monk for some good years in India, I even have the assumption that he was under Sadhguru. 

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Carl-Richard

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

What if that is because he is a spiral wizard? If you're pushing spirituality on people that don't resonate with it, then you're an ideologue. He studied to become a monk for God's sake. He has explicitly stated the idea behind his mission: he realized that elevating consciousness on a global level is just as important if not more than working with individuals one-to-one. How does that differ from Leo's mission?

The differences are vast, starting with how they both are actualizing their life purposes, the professions they have chosen, where they're at on a stage, and what development they are at. 

@Max_V

4 minutes ago, Max_V said:

@Danioover9000 I don't think so. If you have followed his stuff from the start, you notice him sharing kriya yoga techniques and specified meditation techniques that are not too far out of the comfortzone of the listener, but might have radical effect. Do you expect mostly stage orange people to be open and ready for deep metaphysical and radical topics? Mostly, no. It is best to meet people where they are, and give them teachings that have a good balance between radicality and inside comfortzone. If you have watched his content closely, you can notice he hides his 'power-level'. Guy was a monk for some good years in India, I even have the assumption that he was under Sadhguru. 

Fair enough.

1 minute ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Carl-Richard

The differences are vast, starting with how they both are actualizing their life purposes, the professions they have chosen, where they're at on a stage, and what development they are at. 

I didn't compare him to Leo as a person. I compared the core value behind their mission (which is a stage turquoise value). You're putting Tier 2 on a way too big of a pedestal if you think it entails being a Leo clone. Dr. K is obviously a turquoise spiral wizard if you know anything about his past :) 

@Carl-Richard

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I didn't compare him to Leo as a person. I compared the core value behind their mission (which is a stage turquoise value). You're putting Tier 2 on a way too big of a pedestal if you think it entails being a Leo clone. Dr. K is obviously a turquoise spiral wizard if you know anything about his past :) 

I did not say anything at all about copying Leo, and nothing to indicate how you are comparing him. 

4 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Carl-Richard

I did not say anything at all about copying Leo, and nothing to indicate how you are comparing him. 

Well, let's recap: I was talking about Dr. K's motivation for joining Twitch (his mission), and I see similarities between that and what Leo is doing on YouTube and Actualized.org, which is spreading consciousness to as many people as possible (a turquiose value). I then asked you to tell me the difference between Dr. K's and Leo's mission, and then you responded with listing up Leo's personal qualities:

4 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Carl-Richard

That made me think that you thought I was comparing their personal qualities, but instead I was comparing the core value behind their mission. If not this, what exactly am I supposed to get from that? xD

Edited by Carl-Richard

This is very eye-opening, thanks for sharing Max. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

RIP Byron 'Reckful' Bernstein

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.