Robi Steel

Im voting Trump in November and why I left this forum

206 posts in this topic

@Robi Steel Way, wayy too much ideology, stage Blue conservatism and 4D chess dude. I know you're young and you're just starting out your political journey, but frankly - and this is going to sound a little mean - but your political analysis is hopeless.

I know I'm just a random guy on the internet, but if you want my advice, I'd say one of the biggest things you're lacking at this stage is the ability to listen deeply to other's perspectives and adapt your worldview accordingly. If I were you, I'd focus on doing exercises to increase my ability to be non-judgemental, to see things from other's perspectives, to become aware of my biases, and so on. Honestly, these skills will be crucial if you really want to push your life to the absolute maximum, otherwise you run the risk of living a half-assed life. Up to you.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

it actually covers a small range of left ideology, pretending to be the whole conversation. You can see it clearly in the guidelines of this forum.

It's not "pretending" to cover the "whole conversation" if you can "clearly see it in the guidelines." I took one look at the guidelines and thought, oh damn they really are trying to trigger all the toxic right wing types straight up. Of course it's not the whole conversation. It excludes racism, nationalism, fascism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, and islamophobia. And it considers Fox News and PragerU propaganda. I'm here because I think it's better for that.

There are plenty of other places where these things are allowed, which no one is stopping you from visiting.

The explanation for "leaving" is that the guidelines are biased against your views. Great, that explains the title. The following defensive rant about vague right wing stuff is not necessary, and it's not making any sort of overall concrete argument which can be refuted. It sounds like you believe your right wing views are not being taken seriously. If so, you could provide examples and we could discuss them. Otherwise, there's really not much to discuss here.

Im voting Trump

That is your constitutional right.

I left this forum

You haven't left. You've made an attention grabbing title and are eagerly awaiting our responses.

If you would like to leave the forum, because you don't like the guidelines that you were required to read before ever posting, please go ahead.

Otherwise, let me direct your and the mods' attention to another section of the guidelines:

Disruptive behavior is not tolerated...

There is a zero-tolerance policy on the following... attempts to splinter the community.

I'm not sure that this qualifies, but I'm also not sure that it doesn't. Let's just keep this in mind.

@Robi Steel  @Serotoninluv

Edited by Hank Galaxy Brain
clarity as to what I was pointing out in the first sentence. And adding a bit of constructive criticism on giving tangible examples.

5 hours ago, Robi Steel said:

Before Leo turned into white Gandalf, every single video that he posted absolutely resonated with my soul and made incredible progress possible in my Life. I

Lmao

one day this will all be memories

The answer to all your concerns is on the very bottom of the picture you posted:

Remember, the issue isn't Left vs Right, the issue is low vs high consciousness, low vs high development, fear vs love, selfishness vs selflessness, dogma vs objectivity, ignorance vs education.

Where do you think racism, nationalism, fascism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, Islamophobia lands on the scale of low vs high consciousness, low vs high development, fear vs love, selfishness vs selflessness, dogma vs objectivity, ignorance vs education?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Robi Steel

Your perspective is valid but I don't think a forum what you would like exists yet. It seems at least quite impossible. Maybe you could create a forum where it works. I guess many people tried it and it didn't work out. 

The hill comes to my mind but it seems they have their tabu topics where they tone it down. The result is the people are not really informed they get just a centrist view of things. The truth is not always in the middle. 

In politics believes are essential but they are quite fragile. They are like little plants that need a safe space to develop. That is why this forum can not open too much to the other side. 

You have this situation in almost in every field of life. If you have a vision in anything you have to defend them from attack. 

Progressivism  defended harder because it's believes are far from the "natural" beginnings. So it's quite easy to destroy it. So it needs more shelter to survive. If it's worth it is a matter of believe.

Gutes gelingen. Wer suchet der findet. :)

Edited by Epikur

3 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

Man. I have a treat for you. Enjoy. Its only 4 hours of yelling at you on how you are wrong. :) 

The man has a point tho. 

HAHAHA what great timing hahahaha xD

3 hours ago, Onemanwolfpac said:

The ideal solution imho from a spiritual aspect is away from government. Libertarian. Smaller, not larger government. Not reliant on the state and pity party victim clout but the individual, family unity, community, etc. 

You don't want a smaller government; you want a better government. There is no such thing as an individual: your entire existence is a product of a huge interplay of complex systems within a collective that was created over 10000 years of societal evolution. Libertarianism is a stage orange over-reaction to stage blue tyranny. If libertarians followed their ideals to their logical conclusion, it would give stage red a free ticket to take of the world once again.

You will always pick take stage blue safety over stage red violence any day of the week. Our current version of government protects you from the horrors of tribal warfare and medieval-style oppression, and it's the very basis of your "individual" rights in the first place.

There is stage red oppression, and then there is stage orange oppression. Who will save the people who are given the short end of the stick in the socioeconomical game? That is what the government opens up for in stage green. It seeks to eliminate injustices that arise from structural flaws in capitalism and the human propensity towards greed.

If there is no government that can keep in check the primal survival instincts of the individuals in the system, then there are truly no such thing as individual freedom. Your freedom is directly proportional to your oppurtunity to survive, and that is why the government exists.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

i can understand your points on the forum, while I do not agree on them

but vote for trump? he is incompetent as fuck.

i mean im all for questioning collective group think, even within this forum, i think that's super healthy

but i encourage you to relook at your political philosophy 

i'm curious in your statistic where you are predicting germany will turn into a country of Islam though

also when you noted that Trump wasn't racist, i'm curious as to your thoughts on trump's comments? how did you perceive them? i'm regarding this article in particular 
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/ 
and when you noted that the republican parties are fighting to include LGBTQ rights, did you mean the people/states in the bible belt? the people that live by the bible and who believe homosexuality is a sin because it says so in the bible (who are majority republican)?

this post just seems like youve been caught into a right wing echo chamber 

Edited by Jacob Morres

12 hours ago, Robi Steel said:

Secondly, xenophobia and islamophobia are terms that intentionally distort the perspective of right-wing political beliefs. Phobia would refer to an "irrational" fear of other cultures or Islam. In reality, people don't want their countries to de-evolve to values of less developed cultures, simple as that. When you look at the ACTUAL statistics, it is clear that, for example, Germany (my home country) will develop into an Islamic state in the next 50 years, just based on birth rates. This will set the country back to stage blue, congrats. 

12 hours ago, Robi Steel said:

Did you know that Im not racist, not sexist, not homophobic, not xenophobic, not islamophobic but still support President Trump? Did you know that I think that Caitlyn Jenner is one of the bravest people I know? Im voting for Trump because I'm not an extremist, I actually don't support just opening the borders for everyone and giving free healthcare to all those that come in (crazy right?)

xenophobic

1. relating to or exhibiting fear or hatred of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers.

2. relating to or exhibiting fear or dislike of the customs, dress, etc., of people who are culturally different.

I copied that definition from a dictionary ( https://www.dictionary.com/browse/xenophobic ). But who knows, maybe dictionary.com is also "intentionally distorting" words now to advance "left wing criminal agendas".

Your thoughts and attitudes are xenophobic. You do not identify yourself as xenophobic. That is not a contradiction. Those are two different things, think about it.

I sympathize with your need to have more open, level headed political discussions. It's a two way process. One obvious improvement from your side is to tone down with all the bombastic proclamations and accusations like "pretending to be", "the delusional people", "mindlessly support",  "free healthcare", "murderous extremist ideology". ..

Have the maturity to realize that if you come at others with such emotionally charged, judgemental phrases you are not going to have a rational, level headed discourse, regardless of which community or group you are acting within. And there is nothing like free healthcare. The money comes from taxes, which the government is very good at extracting from all levels of the population.

Edited by wwhy

@wwhy  where are you from? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Let me know when you figure it out ¬¬xD

@wwhy don't mind me. I just asked out of curiosity. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I forgot Berlusconi. Trump is not so special as we think

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

not even the title before scrolling down to post this

You guys made some good points and I will reconsider my language and generalizations. Btw, I wouldnt even consider myself right-wing, my ideas come equally from the left and the right. And I was more left-leaning for most of my life (still am but look at biden goddammit). However, none of you guys responses really convinced me that this is a balanced political discussion on this forum. Let me answer some assertions: 

✌
5 hours ago, wwhy said:

I copied that definition from a dictionary ( https://www.dictionary.com/browse/xenophobic ). But who knows, maybe dictionary.com is also "intentionally distorting" words now to advance "left wing criminal agendas".

Your thoughts and attitudes are xenophobic. You do not identify yourself as xenophobic. That is not a contradiction. Those are two different things, think about it.

First of all, yes, many mainstream sources on the internet (wikipedia, google, etc) have a clear left-wing bias. The definition of racism actually has been changed in some dictionaries to justify left-wing agenda. Secondly, no this definition is not distorted and its pretty straightfoward and it also excludes me from being a xenophobe. I dont HATE or FEAR Muslims, I'm an international student, I have many Muslim friends and I fully understand and appreciate their perspective. That doesnt change the fact that they are a few steps behind the west and ultra-conservative (something you guys should be worried about). Just because they are lower in the spiral, doesnt mean that I hate them in any way, that might be something you are projecting onto me because I support Trump. 

5 hours ago, wwhy said:

Have the maturity to realize that if you come at others with such emotionally charged, judgemental phrases you are not going to have a rational, level headed discourse, regardless of which community or group you are acting within. And there is nothing like free healthcare. The money comes from taxes, which the government is very good at extracting from all levels of the population.

Woooooo! Believe me, I formulated many things very carefully when you consider that I come from a very different political perspective. You should say that about some of the stuff that Leo hits people with on this forum, talk about emotionally charged. But yes, I will take that to the heart (even though Marxism is still murderous in my opinion, for me thats not emotionally charged unless you are an extremist). 

6 hours ago, Jacob Morres said:

and when you noted that the republican parties are fighting to include LGBTQ rights, did you mean the people/states in the bible belt? the people that live by the bible and who believe homosexuality is a sin because it says so in the bible (who are majority republican)?

Hallo Olla! I would call that a blatant generalization. This is about as productive as saying that all liberals are middle-class, privileged whine babies who have no life experience and want every little thing handed to them. The public opinion has changed btw, and many of these bible-belt people voted for Trump even though he pledged to support LGBT rights. 

11 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

If there is no government that can keep in check the primal survival instincts of the individuals in the system, then there are truly no such thing as individual freedom. Your freedom is directly proportional to your oppurtunity to survive, and that is why the government exists.

Well tell me, who are the mayors and governors that are letting primal survival instincts run wild in the cities (mob mentality, group think, attacking boogieman)? At the moment it seems that democrats want to deregulate law and order because they have such an overreaction to blue that they would rather go back to red than letting police exist (which is weird). 

6 hours ago, Jacob Morres said:

also when you noted that Trump wasn't racist, i'm curious as to your thoughts on trump's comments? how did you perceive them? i'm regarding this article in particular

Ah yes, the good old sifting through archives to smear the person and find anything remotely racist. I will judge Trump by the campaign slogans that he has right now and not some shifty comment from 15 years ago. Yes, I also might have said something a little racist in the past, that doesnt mean that defines my whole character or that I can never change, just because its something you would like to hear, because then you can call me a racist and dismiss my other points. 

13 hours ago, Apparition of Jack said:

I know I'm just a random guy on the internet, but if you want my advice, I'd say one of the biggest things you're lacking at this stage is the ability to listen deeply to other's perspectives and adapt your worldview accordingly. If I were you, I'd focus on doing exercises to increase my ability to be non-judgemental, to see things from other's perspectives, to become aware of my biases, and so on. Honestly, these skills will be crucial if you really want to push your life to the absolute maximum, otherwise you run the risk of living a half-assed life. Up to you.

Thas quite an assumption there, that you make about me. I have been doing all of these things for years (I watch Leos videos), its the reason I was able to turn from hating trump to loving him. It seems like the people around me who hate trump, are the kinds of people who would never ever change their opinion about him. You can say this about me, but I could easily say the same thing about you. 

12 hours ago, Hank Galaxy Brain said:

It's not "pretending" to cover the "whole conversation" if you can "clearly see it in the guidelines." I took one look at the guidelines and thought, oh damn they really are trying to trigger all the toxic right wing types straight up. Of course it's not the whole conversation. It excludes racism, nationalism, fascism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, and islamophobia. And it considers Fox News and PragerU propaganda. I'm here because I think it's better for that.

Then its a one-sided, less informed, narrow discussion about politics. And this goes against everything that Leo has taught me. Finding the balance, taking in every perspective and finding the nugget. Gathering the whole picture. If you want a discussion where your positions are favored on basis of assumption, then fine, but you will learn less. 

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

@Robi Steel

I agree with most of you said. So what is your plan? Does this forum have any value left for you?

From which places are you going to get your inspiration from?

@Robi

If you do not hate and fear muslims, why are you so worried about the majority of German born citizens being muslim in 50 years? What would you call the emotion you feel when you imagine this possibility? Joy? Sadness? panic?