Enlightenment

13% of the population commit 53% of US murders

96 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, louhad said:

ok, so why are there more fatherless households? you realize that during the civil rights era, the black marriage rate was comparable to the whites? 

**hint, systemic racism in the criminal justice system smh

No. You asked a question and then read off cnn nonsense. 

Why? Well, a woman can run aroun having bastard children and rely on the state for free money (ie tax payer money). 

Nobody is cheering on the Floyd death. The stupidity of stun gun and assaulting cops before getting shot dead is beyond Moronic. 

I have no problem with protests but they are not peaceful and its not ok that the leader made terrorist like comments. 

Finally, its disingenuous to rant about cops Killing black people when the amount of abortions in the community are outrageously high. All life matters. How about we protest every time there's black on black crime? Everytime a child is aborted? Everytime a child is raised without a father? 

Let's protest but let's do it right. Its disingenuous that it only matters when it suits a convenient time like a election year. Shocking. 

I am pissed when cops kill black people and i am pissed when black people kill black people be it abortions or gun violence. Its not ok. 

1 minute ago, Onemanwolfpac said:

No. You asked a question and then read off cnn nonsense. 

Why? Well, a woman can run aroun having bastard children and rely on the state for free money (ie tax payer money). 

Nobody is cheering on the Floyd death. The stupidity of stun gun and assaulting cops before getting shot dead is beyond Moronic. 

I have no problem with protests but they are not peaceful and its not ok that the leader made terrorist like comments. 

Finally, its disingenuous to rant about cops Killing black people when the amount of abortions in the community are outrageously high. All life matters. How about we protest every time there's black on black crime? Everytime a child is aborted? Everytime a child is raised without a father? 

Let's protest but let's do it right. Its disingenuous that it only matters when it suits a convenient time like a election year. Shocking. 

I am pissed when cops kill black people and i am pissed when black people kill black people be it abortions or gun violence. Its not ok. 

Why do you think abortions are so bad? From a religious position or from 
secular ethic?

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

More black people get racially profiled every day. Are black people simply supposed to ignore it? 

This is a very complex question.   No doubt that racial profiling goes on but if there is a racial element it's very hard to prove legally or be certian what is in people's heads.  
If you say "More black people get racially profiled every day."  do you mean it keeps happening or do you mean it's happening more often? 

O.k. you might say "It's happening so whichever one it is it shouldn't be happening" 

So how do you stop it ?   That's the hard part.   

6 minutes ago, Onemanwolfpac said:

Finally, its disingenuous to rant about cops Killing black people when the amount of abortions in the community are outrageously high.

Abortion is voluntary , that's a red herring to bring up 

22 minutes ago, Epikur said:

Why do you think abortions are so bad? From a religious position or from 
secular ethic?

Why did the protests start? 

18 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

Abortion is voluntary , that's a red herring to bring up 

Which part? The child voluntarily said "i want to die." you wut? 

You guys crack me up. The argument is weak as saying, someone can choke someone to death and because they were not conscious and said, i don't want to die, its ok? 

Racism is bad. I don't care white or black. Not ok. Killing is bad. I don't care race or color. 

My block list growing today. 

Reading the arguments here, I honestly can say, common sense is not so common. I don't know if people are trolling or if it is a problem with iq? None of it is shocking anymore. 

From a spiritual perspective, I have found that I can keep my peace of mind and not live in or around lawlessness. Nor associate with or around insanity. 

Another point, it pisses me off that the discussion is torpedoed by morons claiming hate speech when a simple yet powerful change is FATHERS ON HOUSEHOLDS. not more net tax payer money. How about a stem degree or a trade? How about being a CPA or learning to code? What about starting a business? Looting and rioting looks differently as a net tax payer, property owner, business owner, and having a family. 

8 minutes ago, Onemanwolfpac said:

Why did the protests start? 

Is this the answer to my question?

17 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

I think the statistics show that 13% of the population is living in such dire straits, that their society (of which they are part and parcel of) does not put much value in their lives.

Have you looked into who the biggest victims of those murders are : https://www.statista.com/statistics/251877/murder-victims-in-the-us-by-race-ethnicity-and-gender/

What do you think of these statistics?

@Nak Khid  it must be an honorable thing to make it to his block list. 

I wear my medal with pride. :P

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

37 minutes ago, Onemanwolfpac said:

Another point, it pisses me off that the discussion is torpedoed by morons claiming hate speech when a simple yet powerful change is FATHERS ON HOUSEHOLDS.

You need to take personal responsibility and play the father role to all those kids. 

xD@Opo  that made me laugh really hard lmao. 

15 minutes ago, Opo said:

You need to take personal responsibility and play the father role to all those kids. 

Yes be the hero like in die hard. The Uberfather. Could be a new superhero.

There is that one guy could father so many wild animals like lions and so on. So it should be possible to find a way for people theoretically.

4 hours ago, Opo said:

That's called cuckoldry. No. No i don't. The ownership and responsibility is on the individual first. The family unit. The community. And onward. 

5 hours ago, wwhy said:

I think the statistics show that 13% of the population is living in such dire straits, that their society (of which they are part and parcel of) does not put much value in their lives.

Have you looked into who the biggest victims of those murders are : https://www.statista.com/statistics/251877/murder-victims-in-the-us-by-race-ethnicity-and-gender/

There's a lot to unpack. 

First, it starts in the home. Lawlessness and fatherless households. Higher crime rate. A lot of men in fatherless homes have no authority figures nor role models. A lot of time, fatherless men act like the single moms they are around. They have hissy fits with either other men or cops. It doesn't end well. 

The welfare state is not the solution. If anything, the welfare state more government intervention has done harm then good. 

All the looting, rioting, and burning down of targets is a cry for HELP. 

*** "I DON'T HAVE A DAD! " ***

The government is not the father nor the head of the household. And it has failed to replace the role of the father. The government is incapable to fill the void. The more reliance on government, the more problems. Pumping in money is a bandaid over a fatal wound. 

1 hour ago, Onemanwolfpac said:
6 hours ago, wwhy said:

There's a lot to unpack. 

First, it starts in the home. Lawlessness and fatherless households. Higher crime rate. A lot of men in fatherless homes have no authority figures nor role models. A lot of time, fatherless men act like the single moms they are around. They have hissy fits with either other men or cops. It doesn't end well. 

The welfare state is not the solution. If anything, the welfare state more government intervention has done harm then good. 

All the looting, rioting, and burning down of targets is a cry for HELP. 

*** "I DON'T HAVE A DAD! " ***

What you are doing here is nothing new. It is called Infantilization.

Do you need a dad? Why are your posts so scared and angry, mr. "big bad one man wolf"?

Ok 

Thank guys for videos/links. Unfortunately, it takes so much time to get a deeper grasp of the topic (like with everything).

keep believing in statistics. It's just numbers on a piece of paper. 

Ground reality changes from year to year. 

The question is what's the veracity of these statistics. 

How can you prove statistics with full accuracy just on the basis of the source? 

Have you yourself conducted these statistics? 

Are the sources who create these statistics credible? 

What if the sources that produced those statistics are biased while creating them? 

Was there an error while collecting statistical data?

Was the sample too small? 

The answer to such questions is an "indefinite no."

So you can't be sure about statistics. 

Now I would believe a video over a number. 

Because a video is less likely to be tampered with if it's taken from multiple mobile phones or devices. 

A direct video is more credible source of information and evidence. 

I don't care about people on YouTube. YouTube is a big business.. 

Snow me a real video. 

Show me ground reality.. 

Prove yourself that these statistics are right. 

None till now has been able to prove it. 

Saying so and so talks about these statistics is no proof. 

Tomorrow I can start a YouTube channel and keep trumpeting the same statistics

Where is the proof? 

@Preety_India Don't you think it may be possible, all that mental/philosophical gymnastic you do is to serve your bias?

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

4 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

Ok 

Thank guys for videos/links. Unfortunately, it takes so much time to get a deeper grasp of the topic (like with everything).

@Preety_India Don't you think it may be possible, all that mental/philosophical gymnastic you do is to serve your bias?

You can say anything you want to me. Nothing will change my mind. 

I don't believe those statistics. And nobody can prove that they are right. 

And I don't wish to argue further. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Nothing will change my mind. 

Not a good attitude to have if you care about the truth

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Enlightenment

I care about the truth. That's why I don't believe statistics. Because they are man made invention. 

It's Ground Hog Day. I will patrol the grounds and see the reality for myself. 

Pure raw truth. 

;)

To seek real truth needs real courage. 

14 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

Don't you think it may be possible, all that mental/philosophical gymnastic you do is to serve your bias?

The fact that you linked to a table with over two hundred unique data points (table cells) and just focused on one in your title (where did you get the 13% from, your manual calculations?) shows your own biases. Accusing others of being bias is a bit hypocritical.

“There are three types of lies -- lies, damn lies, and statistics.”
- Benjamin Disraeli

“Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable.”
- Mark Twain

11 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

Not a good attitude to have if you care about the truth

So you care about truth!! 

Should I drop the greatest truth bomb on you? 

The greatest truth bomb is this

Law does not see the race of the person who commits a crime. And if it does, it's a prejudiced law and not a humane law.