TrustTheProcess

Why is America less developed than other countries?

23 posts in this topic

I don't think that america is necessarily less developed on  average from the rest of the world. It's just that it's wealth is redistributed in extremely unfair ways. Some places are extremely rich while there are towns that you couldn't tell apart from Somalia.  The move to stage green will probably be pretty brutal for America as these injustices will need to be addressed.  

On 04/07/2020 at 1:37 AM, louhad said:

Why did america fall so hard to corporatism and is just now beginning to blossom green seriously relative to other developed nations? Like what economic or social reasons specifically?

Money, greed, power. The last election and fbi involvement. The abundance of corruption. Election cycle and a global pandemic plus blm returns from irrelevance in a election cycle. Shocking. Months ago, the generation z had no idea what a blm. 

I think we should remember that Graves, Beck, and Cowan have been very clear in saying that no one stage is "better" than another, but instead some stages are better suited for meeting the challenges of life circumstances than are others. So another way of looking at this is by asking why the US has not, until now, been forced to develop Green consciousness. Similarly, how is it that the US has been able to goose a Blue/Orange combination for as long as it has? I'm reminded, in particular, of Alexis de Tocqueville who said that the US experiment in democratic governance (Orange) would succeed so long as the American populace held tight to its Christian religion/morality (Blue). Perhaps it is with the disintegration of traditional Christianity in the United States that we are losing touch with a communally "binding" ideology & we are searching, as a culture, for its replacement (Green).

I do not believe, however, that we should expect its replacement to be any more secular in nature than Christianity -- take a look at white people taking the knee to Black people during the George Floyd protests, for example, to get a flavor of the spiritual overtones of Social Justice. An interesting book on what these developments might look like is Strange Rites: New Religions for a Godless World by Tara Burton, which just came out last month. I'm slowly working my way through that book myself.